Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tour de France 1996 Winner is....
Quote | Reply
Nobody...
There will now be a blank next to 1996, with no official winner.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We all know Greg LeMond should have won...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i?post=913791#913791
Last edited by: Flanagan: Jun 7, 07 7:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jan Ulrich was robbed!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually in the 1996, top 10, only Luttenberger has never been associated with some doping scandal. All the others have...and then for Luttenberger it could just be because I don't remember ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nobody...
There will now be a blank next to 1996, with no official winner.

Hmm...is Virenque going to be removed from the list of winners of the polka-dot jerseys now too?

Oh wait, I forgot...he's French. Never mind.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, yes, it's a vast french conspiracy blah blah blah...yawn...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That will sure help more high profile cyclists (or any other sport) come out of the dark on doping practice. Or not !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved how the top 4 in the 96 were accused or proved guilty

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, yes, it's a vast french conspiracy blah blah blah...yawn...

Nope...just a vast French hypocrisy...but I think you knew that ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least, the French test their athletes, unlike the BS tests in NBA, NFL and MLB...'hey, we're coming in 3 months, get ready'.

Virenque kept his polka dot jersey because he only admitted to doping in 98 on the Tour. Tour where his entire team was asked to leave. The treatment he received in France wasn't any good, just so you know. L'Equipe is happy to bash anyone on doping. It sells.
Riis was asked not only by ASO but also by the UCI to give his jersey back. He admitted to doping during the tour, outside of the 8yrs or 10yrs to do something about doping. So, legally they can't do anything.

Hypocritical? no...cynical regarding doping? you bet...rightfully so I may add...

Had Riis say something along the lines of what Zabel said 'I tried 3 weeks, didn't like it', he would be fine...Zabel got away with it...saying I tried from that time to that time, like Virenque did...we all know it's BS...but there are no more proofs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riis (and others) had to know that this would be the response. I guess I still don't know why Riis came forward. He hurt himself, his country and his team. What did he gain? I can appreciate that he sleeps well at night and that he wanted to do what was right, but is that a good enough reason when you know that there are many others out there who did/are doing the same thing. Did someone have proof?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last question you ask is really what I am wondering...There was no reason for him to say this...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
At least, the French test their athletes, unlike the BS tests in NBA, NFL and MLB...'hey, we're coming in 3 months, get ready'

wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6744864
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We actually did the math out, and I believe that SlowTwitch's own Mark Montgomery may at least be a podium finisher, if not the winner of said TdF.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL!

An article on doping on the NFL site! that sure isn't biased... ;-)

BTW...where does it say that they don't get warnings as to when they are tested for steroids? I didn't see it anywhere...failing 3 drug tests gives you a one yr suspension...and you're warned ahead of time when they test you...wow...really have to dumb to fail...
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the 1956 TdF for Mark...Remember...when he was racing, they had their spares around the shoulders, they ran in converse shoes, and most roads didn't have asphalte (it's because cars were still rare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"However, with steroids, performance might be enhanced. Thus, each week players are given random tests for steroids. A computer will randomly select six players, on each team, each week, to be tested. To show how random the test is, my HBO partner Dan Marino said he was tested eight times in one season."

See it now? In the 1970s and 80s steroids were a big problem in the NFL, but I believe the league is much cleaner now. I have friends in the league that would support that statement. No it isn't unbiased, but you have no proof to support your claim and I in fact have something to stand on.
Last edited by: saltman: Jun 7, 07 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. Missed it...Yet, it doesn't say that it's really an out of competition test. Do they just show up at the player's door? Or is the player told on monday: you've been picked, we'll come on friday? that would give ample time (even 72hrs) to fix things.
Also, suspensions are what? 4 games, 6 games and one year?
Other sports: 2yrs and life.

now...how about growth hormone?

Now, I have friends/acquaintances in cycling that swear they never doped....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the 1970s and 80s steroids were a big problem in the NFL, but I believe the league is much cleaner now. I have friends in the league that would support that statement.

Yeah, they're even bigger and faster now than when they were on steroids. They must be clean...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We actually did the math out, and I believe that SlowTwitch's own Mark Montgomery may at least be a podium finisher, if not the winner of said TdF. \\

Pretty funny, but I do have to say that it does piss me off now that I know for sure that I was racing against heavly doped athletes. A thread awhile ago about Redlands was a good example. I mentioned that a famous British rider was popped for doping back then, and I caught a lot of shit for that, until I finally found the article that outed him. People had a blind eye back then, and even I just thought it was isolated. In one sense it does make me mad, because I did pretty well against those guys, and I was clean, but on the other I guess I was just a lot better than I thought I was..I will just have to hold onto that thought I guess, that I would have crushed those pencil necked roadies, and not the few top 10 finishes I got over the years in the pro. 1,2, races.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right and THG was the ONLY synthetic steroid completely unknown to drug tests due to its obscurity. do you really think those guys are clean? If they have a good lab working with them, there are seeminly limitless ways to manipulate compounds to achieve the steroid effect and be undetectable at the same time. They cannot test for substances they do not know exist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not so sure about Zabel. Other sources within Telecom said that some people were juiced but not Zabel. His admission that he tried it but then had such adverse side effects may be true if you consider this.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
72 hours is not enough time to correct things for most steroids.

Unless correcting things involves a fake penis with clean urine in it.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France 1996 Winner is.... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
72 hours is not enough time to correct things for most steroids.

Unless correcting things involves a fake penis with clean urine in it.

There is a store in East Lansing which sells those! "In Flight" it's a store for stoners. They have bongs... excuse me... glass tobacco pipes and all sorts of other stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next