Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides
Quote | Reply
For all interested, we will be riding from the Northbrook Velodrome at 10 am tomorrow (Saturday 3/14). We are planning 30-35 miles at an EASY pace (16-17 mph). It will be good for those of us who have not yet braved the great outdoors this season.

There is also another ride that takes place weekly at 6 am on Saturdays from the lake and Belmont...see thread below that I started called "Idea: Slowtwitch Chicago Training" or something like that. However, I don't want to speak for those guys...esp since I just moved to chicago and am not yet familiar with all of the landmarks etc. They are going a bit farther than we are this weekend, and we will probably begin joining them in a few weeks once we are up to speed.

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see how this works out. See also my post for tomorrows ride. Maybe we can hook up in the next few weeks. I suggested we stop by Hubbard Woods, by the old Alberto's store on GreenBay Rd. Should be easy for you guys to get to.

Of course you have to get up early

See you soon

Axel
Quote Reply
Re: Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you all know how long (hours) of a drive that is from Rockford?????

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but just think of all the fun you'll be missing if you don't come :^)

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Quote Reply
Re: Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many of you guys are in on this ride? This looks like the perfect ride since its not too long and the pace is not too fast. I'm really interested but am not able to make it (this week).

The title of this thread says "weekly". I hope this "weekly" thing carries on so that I am able to join it (next week perhaps).

Also, could someone post how the ride went once you are done and the average speed. Thanks.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Tomorrow: Join The Weekly Slowtwitch Chicagoland Rides [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now, it just looks like 2-3 of us officially, but who knows...others may show up. Will report next week. As stated above, we may fold in with the other group of slowtwitchers once we have our road legs. Time will tell.

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Quote Reply