Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tom Tom Spark 3 Feedback?
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone

Just looking for some feedback on the Tom Tom Spark 3 watch (GPS+Music) : https://www.tomtom.com/...rts/fitness-watches/

Wondering if anyone uses it for running and how they like it. My birthday is coming up and I have some money hidden away in the triathlon slush fund. I'm currently using a Forerunner 610, which I really liked but the battery on it isn't holding a great charge anymore. I can't complain, I've had it for 5 years and it's been great.

I listen to music, and train with HR so this watch looks pretty ideal so I'm looking for feedback/experience or other suggestions. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I'm looking for something similar. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Tom Spark 3 Feedback? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is TomTom still making new watches, or are they just selling their existing stock? I thought I read that they were getting out of the fitness wearables market.

I haven't used the Spark 3, but I have used the Spark Cardio, and I can't really recommend it. It takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes to acquire GPS, even if it's updated the GPS via a sync seconds before you walk out the door. The navigation button is not the easiest thing to use, often either not registering input or doubling up inputs. It won't sync over Bluetooth if it's charging. And mysports.tomtom.com is a joke compared to Garmin Connect, for example, you can no longer download .fit files from there, you have to physically sync the device to get a fit file that you can upload somewhere else.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Tom Spark 3 Feedback? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback! There's good deals on them at the moment because Tom Tom is getting out of the wearables market as I understand.

The Spark 3 GPS/Heartrate/Music watch is tempting at about $220 CAD since it does it all. As I was riding this morning I was thinking that really just bringing my phone would do almost the same thing, but it's not as convenient. It gathers data, but doesn't give feedback during a workout very easily.

Thanks again, I think I'll keep looking.
Quote Reply