Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Toes Going Numb on Bike [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeff, not to beat the proverbial horse, but I used to ride with the Cat B guys in Germany and pride myself (even now) on a effecient, round stroke. I wish yours were the answer.

this is something which has bugged me my entire (bike) life, I just never complained about it. I've had this issue with all shoes, all bikes (mtb and road), from almost Nat level fitness to sloth.

I never should have mentioned it as I feel I've opened Pandoras little box. Jordan mentioned he got relief with fancy insoles; altho now that I checked the source, I see that he is listed on the eSole site. (sorry Rapp-just stating the obvious). There never is an easy answer, I suppose.
Kai

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Re: Toes Going Numb on Bike [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I tried a bunch of different things. eSoles worked for me, but maybe not for everyone. I suppose it depends on what is causing the numbness.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Toes Going Numb on Bike [#20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Lots of good advice here. Your fix will ultimately come down to trial and error, start with the cheap and simple stuff first.

I too had the same problems early on. I think my problem was the result of pointing my toes down a bit and shoving them into the front of the shoe. My solution was to tighten up the ankle strap on my sidi's nice and snug, before moving on to the other two straps (Sidi Genesis Lorica). I think this helped keep my foot from sliding forward in my shoe and thus my toes were not jammed against the front. Problem solved.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Toes Going Numb on Bike [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jeff, not to beat the proverbial horse, but I used to ride with the Cat B guys in Germany and pride myself (even now) on a effecient, round stroke. I wish yours were the answer.

this is something which has bugged me my entire (bike) life, I just never complained about it. I've had this issue with all shoes, all bikes (mtb and road), from almost Nat level fitness to sloth.

I never should have mentioned it as I feel I've opened Pandoras little box. Jordan mentioned he got relief with fancy insoles; altho now that I checked the source, I see that he is listed on the eSole site. (sorry Rapp-just stating the obvious). There never is an easy answer, I suppose.
Kai

I understand, and feel for you. I fight the numbness at times, but can always alleviate it by consciously pulling more on the upstroke. My big problem is hand numbness. I believe it's nerve pressure in my wrist.

But when a brand new cyclist has numbness in the feet, I would guess (admittedly a guess) that he is probably keeping continual downward force on his foot. At least I hope that's the simple answer for the OP...and if not the rest of you folks gave a lot of other great suggestions.
(sorry if my post seemed to dis you).
Quote Reply
Re: Toes Going Numb on Bike [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I'm too crusty to worry about being dissed. My hands numb at times too, but I know the reason for that (bursitis in the elbows from abuse over the years) - and can't do a thing about that (beyond prednisone twice a year and those lovely narcotic pain relievers!!!).

I'd like to see the foot thing go away and don't mind trying insoles, ceptin fer I'm in Oklahoma and the nearest eSole fitter is a gazillion miles away. I'll search another source.
Kai

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply

Prev Next