Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [green] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good policy to keep a stack of these forms around the house: Hurt Feelings Report
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem, thanks for playing.

What was that yellow stuff in your rear cage water bottles? Looked like Tang or Accelerade to me. You are probably not a local, because if you were, you would have made that right turn with me on Hueneme Road instead of going North on PCH into Oxnard.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [jtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the words of jrtriathlete will fuel me to new levels of pain on todays ride!

In Reply To:
:)
serious responses.
Sure maybe a did a little rant.
This thread the whole damn thing is very funny.
Ill go back to getting ready for my ride.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it was a dude ? I mean Chrissie Wellington could look that way smiling as she passes you doing 33 mph :o)

Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You are probably not a local, because if you were, you would have made that right turn with me on Hueneme Road instead of going North on PCH into Oxnard.

You don't want to continue North on PCH... as us locals say: it's Hard in the 'Nard.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Bullseye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word.

It is never a good idea to ride PCH North of Hueneme Road.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Only thing I ever say to people I pass is "on your left". Can't remember what folks say when they pass me - hasn't happened in a while! :)
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [rufio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the original post was funny enough, but the serious responses are what's making this thread totally worth the read.

+1

Lighten up Francis et al.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know who you are.

I was the dude on the P3C riding North on PCH just a mile or so past the Seabee shooting range at about 1400. As I crossed the Revolon Channel, you blew by me like I was going backwards. You were wearing a blue jersey, riding a white Cervelo, but you went by so fast I could not tell if it was a P2C or P3C.

And you didn’t even pause for a moment to say “Hi” before blowing my doors off and riding into the distance. That was rude. I’m glad my friends were not around to see that because it was totally humiliating.

I’ll see you again Bro, on PCH or through the Strawberry Fields in Camarillo and when I do, after pausing to exchange pleasantries, I’m gonna drop you like Home Economics.

Why the hate for Home Ec? I got my very first under the table footjob from the best looking girl in my class my freshman year in Home Ec! Heck, me and my best friend took Home Ec, typing, short hand, drama and even tried out for cheerleading before the teachers caught on that we were there just for the scenery and percentages.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [jrray24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the hate for Home Ec?

I could have said "Drop you like High School French" but that might have hurt the feelings of the French speaking individuals on this forum.

Interpretation:

Making a point to prove your athletic prowess typically involves demeaning the character of someone else. The problem is that the person you just insulted might be the serpent with a very long memory. = never offend the wrong person.

So, this is where good manners converge with good sportsmanship.

Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Skoorb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I never say hi to people I *pass* because I am not sure if they'll interpret it as me going "Hi, look I am awesome and you're slow, you suck". However, I always do the hand wave to people going the other way.

I feel more or less the same way about it. I'll typically just say 'hello' quickly as I'm passing, plus if there's a significant difference in speed that's all there's really time for anyway. I'm out there for training, not social hour.

Only time I've violated this was on a sustained 10% ish climb, slowed down to chat with a couple that I caught (and surprised), bit later just said have a nice day, later, and went on up the road. Occured to me after the fact that it may have come off as a cocky comment. However karma caught up to me 90 minutes later and hit me with a car (doh).

---------------------------------------------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~Gandalf
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Alaric83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God man, dudes like you and jrtriathlete are so hard. I need to up my game to that level of hardness....FML. I need to go out and KILL IT KILL IT every day. Train till I puke, then train some more till I puke blood.

That's it, from now on a ride's not a ride unless I'm peeing my pants uncontrollably and puking at the same time, then I won't have time to do anything but keep my bike in line. But at least I'll be faster.

;)

http://www.facebook.com/ReconFoundationTeam
http://www.facebook.com/MarineReconFoundation
http://www.reconfoundation.org
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [TriMarine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the spirit!

Jim Hallberg
USAC level II
USAT Level I
http://www.d3multisport.com
WATTS UP!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought about getting some of those pedals that Frank sells? Couldn't hurt.

BTW, all of PCH and Oxnard (not so much Camarillo) is incredibly dangerous. Waving there means risking your life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still looking out for that punk:-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he probably couldn't spare the O's to say anything if he was riding that hard. i don't say anything to people if i'm in a hard interval
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You dug up a thread that had no replies for almost 8 months to say that? I know you've mentioned part of your job is to contribute to this board but that is taking your responsibility a little too seriously!
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Really a guy rode past you while he was out training and he didn't apologize or any thing. Crap dude it sounds like its time for you to have a nice cup of herbal tea and good cry while watching Steel Magnolias.

Styrrell
Don't forget your snuggie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today I learned that I shouldn't skip words when reading the title of a post. I was expecting a much different thread, one most definitely NSFW. :)
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was hilarious. I was laughing for a full minute. Yes I have the maturity of a 10 year old.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [TriMarine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMarine wrote:
God man, dudes like you and jrtriathlete are so hard. I need to up my game to that level of hardness....FML. I need to go out and KILL IT KILL IT every day. Train till I puke, then train some more till I puke blood.

That's it, from now on a ride's not a ride unless I'm peeing my pants uncontrollably and puking at the same time, then I won't have time to do anything but keep my bike in line. But at least I'll be faster.

;)

And a run just isn't a run unless you have the runs.....

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojozenmaster wrote:
I could have said "Drop you like High School French" but that might have hurt the feelings of the French speaking individuals on this forum.

Dude, what's the hate for High School French? No wonder everybody ignores you as they pass you by...
Quote Reply
Re: To the Dude Who Blew By Me on PCH on Monday Afternoon. [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could it be op....you saw the pace booty of your dreams...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great post! Thanks to who ever brought it back.

As someone mentioned, the funniest parts are the people not realizing it was said in jest.

Prev Next