Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex boom lube?
Quote | Reply
Do any of you Titanflex owners have your warranty card or the info that came with your frame? I found an old email I had from Tom that referenced "The boom and receiver tube have been pre-lubed with a graphite based spray...as you read on the back of the Warranty Registration Form.". But I can't find mine. I've developed a creak and ordinary lube isn't fixing it. I have a call in to Tom but it's a weekend and I'm looking for a fast answer.

Thanks,

George

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex boom lube? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
George,
I am having the same issue (creaking). I can't find my paper work, but I thought the lube was a silicon based grease. Please post Tom's response when you get it so I can do a bit of spring maintenance.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex boom lube? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Use the graphite powder lubricant as Tom suggests. Dont' use any oil or grease and if you have then its best to clean it out very good before puffing (it shoots out of the little plastic container with air pressure) the graphite powder in there. You can get it at most hardware stores for a few bucks. I've had the same beam now for 6 years and I only have to do it once/year usually.

Cheers, Scott Molina
Quote Reply