Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex Build
Quote | Reply
Fun project underway - picked up a used Titanflex frame (size Extra Large XL, 2107g + 351g for boom & seat post clamp) and throwing on some premium parts...

Got a full 2012 SRAM Red TT (compact crank) groupo on order and a 3T Brezza II LTD cockpit on order. Rolf Vigor SL 34mm semi-aero wheels (much lighter than full depth aero wheels) with Hutchinson tubeless tires + stans sealant round out the build - It's very hilly in Brown County Indiana where I often ride so compact gearing and light wheels are a must! Maybe throw on a disc cover on for Muncie Endurathon - ok Ironman Muncie 70.3 now :(

Someday I'll upgrade to 60mm/66mm Madfiber carbon clinchers with all the race victory money I'll win on this ride (In my dreams!).

I'll publish a full part/weight spreadsheet when I finish the build around late April / early May when all the parts come in, but I estimate just under 18lbs without pedals (going with Egg Beater 11's).

Early build pics attached - The Mountain Bike stem & handlebar will be replaced with the 3T Brezza II's, the steerer tube will be cut down and the seat post will be cut to length as well...

Roll's pretty good down the street scooter style right now! Can't wait for the first ride!!!!!!!!

See finished build in Part 2...
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...lex%20build;#4343128

[/img]
[/img][/img]
[/img]
Last edited by: GTOscott: Dec 22, 12 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex Build [GTOscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking good so far. I love my TF. I have the Black Transition frame. You can search my posts for a pic. Once you have the seat height set cut the post below the clamp. I left about an inch. Looks much cleaner and more aero.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex Build [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do - I definitely will cut the seatpost to length after I install the crank and handlebars so I can determine proper seat height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll post a new pic when I get my FLO 60/90 stealth black wheelset in June. I added some black TRP brakes since my last picture post. I probably won't be riding before then anyway as I'm on crutches until mid May!

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Welcome to the cult.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead of weights and specs (which are really meaningless to speed) I would love to see some powermeter aero tests to see how fast that bike is. Just curious.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex Build [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power data is a great idea - I need to get back into solid riding shape first and rent a powertap from the bike shop (Fraser Bike in Michigan) - my best hour power test 2 years ago (age 40) in Fraser Bike's lab on computrainer equaled 293 watts average over 60 minutes. Did not train much in 2011 (massive bathroom renovation project) so hoping this bike build motivates me for a solid 2012 season!

We'll see how I do on it - the prior frame owner averaged over 24 mph for 56 miles at Muncie Enduration , but I'd be happy with 22 to 23 mph...

My Muncie PR is on a cheap Leader bike frame in 2010 @ 21.9mph - all other years were on a Softride Powerwing with HED3 650c wheels (I've done Muncie 13 times to date / consecutive since 2000)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply