Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TitanFlex Testimonial
Quote | Reply

G'day Folks, Back in September riders were posting their personal TitanFlex testimonials. I'd like to add mine to the list...

Tom Piszkin's innovativeTitanFlex extended my ultra racing way beyond my expectations after injury. The bike made it FUN, Tom's generosity and support kept me going further.

I'd used Softride for three races across America, and Maynard was right. "There's no way back after the Softride..." I had to move on to something better.

I contacted Tom in 1994 wanting to try his TitanFlex bike because I was experiencing biomechanical problems following a car crash. I'd broken three ribs, punctured a lung, broken an ankle and fractured my right femur. I had a 440mm (18") steel pin inserted in my leg. Three pelvis breaks contributed to reduced leg length (12 mm) and complicated lower back movement.

Tom gave me one of his personal 650c wheel tri bikes for a test ride. I didn't want to give it back. I used the bike for almost two months, including two transcontinental trips (PAC Tour and RAAM). I knew from the first ride that this was what I'd been searching for. Instantly at home in suspended comfort while down on the aero bars; free and easy when sprinting or standing on rockin' hill climbs.

Tom built a 700c TitanFlex for 95 RAAM and my ride just got better. TitanFlex is King. It's the lightest, most responsive rear suspension road bike on the planet. It has a low centre of weight, low stand over height, and slimline toptube. The tubular titanium boom suspends you via a gentle flex, free from any pogo action. I can hold a *very* aero position without compromising comfort, and grind gears all day (for eight days...) without any lower back pain.

When I've had to close a 12 hour gap (due to early illness ) in RAAM, TitanFlex allowed me to catch the leaders and go two hours into the lead. I was averaging 1, 2, and 3 mp/h faster than the next fastest rider in Time Station splits.

The monocoque frame is quite simply a weapon. Roll-down tests with the "gut feel method" produce an enormous WOW factor! :)) *Gut Feel* is very important for multiple 350+ mile days!

TitanFlex is pure speed AND comfort, good for any distance from 10 mile time trials through to RAAM. If you can avoid getting beaten to a pulp, you can get your power to the rear wheel. For ultra performance get comfortable, the results just flow on...

You'll love the feel of this bike. TitanFlex was the solution to many of my injuries (although you don't need to have suffered to appreciate the ride). I can't find a more comfortable bike.

Tri folks: The suspended bike comfort I experience over eight days should provide you a transition bonus to keep you smiling through your run.

I used TitanFlex to set the Guinness Book Trans Oz World Record (5 days 19 hours) in 1996, and to win 1998 RAAM (8 days 12 hours).

Regards, Gerry Tatrai
Last edited by: T_Flex_Fan: Nov 29, 03 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: TitanFlex Testimonial [T_Flex_Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps Susan Dell needs a TitanFlex!
Quote Reply