Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tires for carbon wheels
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the dumb question in advance... still becoming familiar with all biking gear.

I want to upgrade to carbon wheels. I currently have aluminum wheels. Do I need to get new tires and tubes for carbon wheels? Or can I just use the tubes and tires that I have? Is there anything else I need to upgrade to carbon wheels, like different brake pads?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for carbon wheels [rustyb04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While you likely can use the same tires and tubes I would purchase new ones.

If the new braking surface is carbon you'll need to change brake pads.

Tell us what you have and we can be more specific.
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 22, 18 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for carbon wheels [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got FLO 60 front wheel and FLO 90 rear wheel. I have a Shiv TT bike. Not sure the current wheels, tires, or tubes because I'm a novice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rustyb04 wrote:
Sorry for the dumb question in advance... still becoming familiar with all biking gear.

I want to upgrade to carbon wheels. I currently have aluminum wheels. Do I need to get new tires and tubes for carbon wheels? Or can I just use the tubes and tires that I have? Is there anything else I need to upgrade to carbon wheels, like different brake pads?

Thanks in advance

I have lots of clarifying questions but the first one is why do you want to upgrade to carbon wheels? Are you saying you want a pair of race wheels?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, does your new FLO wheels have carbon brake surfaces or aluminum brake surfaces. I think FLO makes both.

If you posted a pict of your new wheels that would answer a lot of questions.

From this page: http://www.flocycling.com/store/index.php

Do you have the Carbon Clinchers or the Aluminum + Carbon Wheels
Quote Reply