Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tires, Pressures & Softride..
Quote | Reply
Yet another question about tires & pressures, but this time it is SR specific. I understand the logic behind the fact that many on this forum advise not putting greater than 120psi in your tires. Not only the harshness of the ride, but the fact that the tires will tend to skip and bounch over road imperfections, thus wasting energy and actually increasing rolling resisitance (at least that seems to be the theory).

What about on Softrides though, do SR riders find that higher pressures can be run as the beam effect supposidly reduces this "road chatter" anyway? In this case, could you run 700X20's pumped up to 150psi and gain a slight advantage (very slight I'm sure) in rolling resistance. I'm sure the Softride marketing materials would say so, but I'm curious about other SR owners experiences and what tires/pressures you find most effective.

thanks, bk
Quote Reply
Re: Tires, Pressures & Softride.. [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2 softrides. I pump my tufo's up to about 180 or so and my conti's up to 150 or so. I have never noticed a "chattering" effect. There has never been any problems with my tires.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a Rocket TT7 with Hed 3 tubulars, and I limit my tire pressure to 140 based on the advise of Hed, something about blowing out the metal wall of the wheel...anyway, some of the roads at Gulf Coast last weekend were very rough, but not for me. Felt very comfy all day and did not notice any major loss of speed when the pavement went real rough. Much happier than some of my friends on their bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're using way too much air pressure! Never pump your tires over 50 psi, especially if you're in a race where I'm participating. Otherwise, I use a Rocket TT (650) with HED Deep (60 front and 90 back) with Conti Supersonics at 150-160 psi...never a problem (blowouts or road chatter)!!!

Jeff
Quote Reply