Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings?
Quote | Reply
I have a huge weakness for soda. I'd drink it all day if I could and will still have a coke after my hardest workouts of the week, but if I kept any in the house it would be gone instantly. I love juice and sugary drinks in general and while it would be nearly impossible for me to gain any weight with my current training volume, I know that it still wouldn't be good for me to have them around to drink. But I'm so tired of drinking water at this point.

So my question is what other drinks do you have casually (i.e. NOT nutrition drinks or training fluids) that are not unhealthy (and not just diet versions of normal drinks) and enable you to break up the monotony?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iced Tea

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get yourself some flavoured Perrier
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you fresh brew it or just a powdered mix? Not going to lie I struggle drinking unsweet tea but I don't doubt it would be better than nothing at this point.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coffee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I add a little cranberry juice to water.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In summer it’s a 4 tea bags in a glass jug of sun tea.

Winter I put hot water in a steel pitcher

I personally like strong black tea but if you like some sweetness add a little Stevia to it.

Water with a few pieces of fresh fruit works too. I like pineapple

Formerly DrD
Last edited by: Broken Leg Guy: Aug 11, 18 19:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my weakness is vietnamese coffee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AM: Black coffee.
PM: Tea with a tiny but of milk (so not 0 kCal, but close enough).

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob Gray got me onto Sport Tea Iced Tea from his Texas RR. It has a great refreshing taste and the marketing side of it plain makes it fun to drink as well. They will send you some to try for free.
Recommended!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beer. It makes the world go round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultima electrolyte. Lemonade flavor. It tastes sweet but has no sugar or sugar substitute. On days I don't take a bottle with me on the bike I drink a glass of it at home.

On cold days tea. Usually peppermint. And yeah coffee in the morning.

Never soda. Almost never fruit juice. Half a glass every now and again maybe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hibiscus tea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i add real lemon juice to my water
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
my weakness is vietnamese coffee.

Came back from Vietnam addicted to that stuff. So good! I wonder if its the same in France though because isn't that where they got it from?

Anyways, right now I'm in love with Glaceau Vitamin Water, fruit punch flavour, but any will suffice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diet Coke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non alcoholic Hefeweizen beer (erdinger is my favorite)
If iced tea, not the ready one cause it’s pure sugar.
30% pure apple (or whatever flavor) juice 70% gased water (percentage vary to taste)

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drink three things:

Water
Coffee
Gin with tonic
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back from Vietnam also... got one of those coffee filters to make my own cup, but definitely not as good... I'm really missing iced coffee with condensed milk and egg coffee!!! or just black coffee with a hint of chocolate flavour .. yum.. and coconut coffee!

I drink a lot of water (which I love) but to break it up I'll have nut smoothies. Hubby loves fruit smoothies. We use coconut juice with it (I also drink this on its own). Put your fave nuts / fruit / veggies in the blender and away you go....

Also, I've got a thing for prune juice at the moment. My guts feel like it's gotten a deep clean after a cup of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mio.

There's a bunch of them out there, but they're all similar http://www.makeitmio.com

I can't stand just plain water. I go through 1 or 2 of these a week. There's a "sport" version with electrolytes as well, although I haven't tried it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make up a mix of NaCl, KCl, and citric acid. There’s just enough flavour imparted by the citric acid to make it work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carbonated water, home made in Soda Stream. You can add flavors too.
Quote Reply
Re: Tired of drinking water all day. What else do you drink to satisfy cravings? [caffeinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caffeinator wrote:
Carbonated water, home made in Soda Stream. You can add flavors too.

+1

I get La Croix Pure (no flavor) and add half a tab of Nuun. The soda water is also good with a splash of cranberry, beet, or grapefruit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ocean Spray diet cranberry juice (been adding a little peach nectar to it and it's awesome), Topo Chico mineral water, and flavored sparking water. If I'm craving a cola, I drink Coke Zero occasionally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mostly flavored seltzer. We used to use a Soda Stream but have switched over to cans. We also have a dispenser in my office that has a couple different flavors of unsweetened seltzer so I always have options.
Quote Reply

Prev Next