Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire Liners
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use tire liners? I have been looking all over for some. I am using Vredstein Fortezza Tricomp's, which have Kevlar, but I'd like a little more resistance to glass and such. I cut a pretty big hole in one with a small piece of glass during a race, so I know they do still cut with the right object. I currently am using these to train on and I run over a ton of unavoidable junk.

I can't seem to find anyone that keeps tire liners in stock, or has one small enough to fit a road tire.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Liners [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you cant find any perhaps you could try this... When I was a kid we lived in an area that had a lot of what my dad would call "bindys", a grass seed that has four sharp, long thorns; one on each side of a round inner sead. These things were perfect for giving you flats.

We used to cut the bottom half out of an old tube and use it as a tire liner. I dont know if this will work for a road bike but it worked great on my old BMX.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Liners [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Mr. Tuffy liners on my commuting bike. You should be able to find them in a bike shop or the bicycle department of a sporting goods store. I don't really notice them making a big difference. I still get flats from time to time. The best remedy is to watch where you ride and brush your tires off when you think you've gone through some glass.

Larry
Quote Reply