Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire Life and repair??
Quote | Reply
I've had a frustrating couple weeks in the tire department. I have cut two Michelin Pro Race tires in as many weeks. I usually have great experiences with these tires and am willing to chalk this up to bad luck and trashier than usual roads. Anyway, the cuts are not big, but they go all the way through the casing. How long do clinchers usually last for you folks? Also is there any way to salvage a tire with a small but deep cut, you know the kind where a little bubble of the tube just pokes its way through???
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Life and repair?? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put a patch on the inside of the tyre and then fill the cut with superglue (do you call it crazy glue in the US?). This usually works if the cut is not too big. Michelin Pro Race usually last quite well for a light tyre but you can still get unlucky and cut them.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Life and repair?? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest you do winter training rides on a tire like the vittoria rubino pro...a bombproof tire, not a "race" tire like the axial pro race. They are lighter for a reason, there's not as much rubber or threads in them, so they're going to need to be replaced sooner.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Life and repair?? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair point. The Michelins are definitely expensive to use as a training tire, but I really love the ride. They say we don't have winter here in San Diego. But I will say that due to the rains lately the roads have become cluttered with runoff, mud, and rocks from the roadside. I had the pleasure of a front wheel blowout at 40mph a few days back. :-(
Quote Reply