Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time Shoes with speedplay pedals
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know where I can get an adaptor for Time shoes to a speedplay pedals. i just got a pair of time shoes from a pro triathlete and the fit perfectly and are better than my old shoes. The problem is that he used time pedals and I have speedplay. I think when you buy new shoes there is an adaptor kit that comes with it. I don't have the kit. Where can I get it?

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: Time Shoes with speedplay pedals [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends on what model of Time shoes you have, but a quick search on Google for 'time shoes speedplay adapter' eventually leads to the fact that both www.coloradocyclist.com and www.performancebike.com have some, for around $15. At least that's a start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J:

If the shoes are currently set up for traditional Time pedals (Equipe etc.) with the two-peice cleats, then they should be compatible directly with Speedplay cleats. If the bottom of the shoe has 4 cleat-mounting holes, two parallel towards the toe and two parallel lower down towards the middle, you should be there.

I'm not sure about the new Time pedals, but my Time Shoes mount both Speedplay and Time traditional two-cleat pedals on the same sole.

Worth checking out.

Good luck...T

"The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."
Quote Reply
Re: Time Shoes with speedplay pedals [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really the Time shoes only play real nice with Time pedals. If you have other cleats on there they seem to get a good thickness.

I have been on Time and Time for 15 years now and do not see my pedals changing for any reason. I have some older Time Sport pedals I will GIVE you. Just pay shipping, if you would like to try them out. New bearings in them even, but the rear spring cover is gone (cosmetic only).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Time Shoes with speedplay pedals [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The newer time shoes (last two years) are similar to sidi in that you install a plate which allows you to connect any pedal with the same depth off th base of the shoe. Even so I only use time pedals on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call speedplay and ask them, because they actually think that the time sole is one of the best soles to use Speedplays on. But they can tell you everything you need to know based on how old the shoe is (as things have changed a bit in recent years).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply