Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring!
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been following the writings of Tim on this forum. He's posting across the US and posts pretty well every day. The posts are full of slander that he and some imaginary friend post as they travel across the country. there's alot of boring dialogue between he and his imaginary friend that I'm sure was funny at the time but loses something when it's written.

I have tried to read a few of his posts but found them just too damned boring and lacking in any substance.

reminds me of someone that writes a really boring race report and tries hard to be funny when they aren't funny at all

anyone else feel this way?
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [tri_n1nja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well I guess the humor contained in Tim's daily posts is an acquired taste. just seems plain boring.

and yes, I have followed his posts throughout his thread but I find it's the same old stuff everyday: "Gordo this, Gordo that... I secretly love Gordo." "So then I posted this and my heart rate was this and my power was that for this section."

not really alot of insight into the posters mindset, kinda like "we were blasted and shot and hungry but we wrote more posts cause we just had to climb that mountain". Where's the insight there? sorry I just can't see it guys.

I actually had the chance to talk with Tim last year and he wasn't into talking about anything but posting on message boards all day, etc. but I guess you'd have to be fairly one dimensional to be as good as he is.

re: the independently wealthy thing. Maybe Tim is an illegal alien. alot of tax dollars are saved by his ever-changing handle. it seems every post he does he is from someplace different. One day it's Tim, then timbit_b and then just_tim, and then simply_tim. I guess Tim learned how to avoid the FBI through all his handle changes.

and yes, I see on Tim's web site that he charges nothing per month to hear himself talk. with a minimum of 3 months at a time.

rant over,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead of phrasing his insults as a question,he should simply state his opinion. Wimps tend to be boring and he's a wimp.
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [grumpwheat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khai,

was making an observation about how tedious and boring Tim's posts are to me, that is all.

theswiss, I didn't bring up the thing about money, etc. it was someone else that questioned the person's ability to take time off work/whatever to post slander and to have endless resources to be able to change handles like Tim and his imaginary buddy do. I merely pointed out that he charges $0/month for hearing himself talk so there's where some of the $$ comes from.

and I made a further observation that he uses a different handle for every post he does. which I find interesting and wonder why someone would do that. maybe it does help hide as an illegal alien and wish I had the smarts to do it too!

and I do not intend to flame Tim. the guy puts his stuff out there and I merely commented on it. When a poster in the public eye says things, he is wide-open to discussion on the things that he said/did.

same goes for politicians, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt, I do not envy Tim whatsoever. living out of a suitcase in an low-rider pickup does not appeal to me. traveling the country and not even knowing when immigration may come for you does not appeal to me. I'm not "upset" that Tim's posts are boring just made an observation, and no not a nutrider or a reverse one at that.

I thought that other's might find them boring and useless and just thought I'd ask,m didn't mean for it to get all blown out of proportion. I was sent here by people over in Tim's basement when I stepped on a couple toes by wanting to talk about Tim's boring posts. I was under the impression the people here would be a little more liberal and receptive to a variety of ideas and conversational topics and less one-dimensional than the group over at Tim's mothers house.

Khai, re: the handle thing: Most forums ask for an handle and most posters actually put their name that their mother calls them most of the year. whether someone chases the sun or not they usually have an actual name. In Tim's case he should be putting his actual name.

I have read some of Tim's testimonials and these don't look and sound like the sort of people that can afford $0 a year for hearing (reading) someone talk to themself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone quick, what the hell is this?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is this? I think your asking about why someone would post and and then reply to themselves... with strange posts no less...

A common practice among a group of posters (or more commonly a single poster) is to disrupt and in some cases actually shut down a sight (although this is only typical of non-mediated NG's - such as UseNet) is to creat multiple accounts to post from and then reply to themselves. There are other techniques, but this a common approach used to troll a group into a useless sight. Whether or not this is the case with Timbit_B (et.al. - tri_n1nja?) I'm not sure. But, I am beginning to suspect this to be the case. If it is... and since this is a monitored/mediated NG sight... this kind of tactic should not last long (I hope).

Joe Moya

BTW, there is a sight on the internet (can't remember where) that gives directions, methods and techniques used to troll a sight into uselessness. It describes what I just posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How the f$%^&* did I get dragged into this mess?! You guys need distraction in a serious way.

===================

Becca, come back! Please!

Let's raise more money for Tibbs' 909's to go with that new Cervelo

Tingley's "Invisi-Cranks" kick the crap out of Powercranks and Rotor cranks

650 wheels are for girls and midgets

Suntour will rise again, and defeat both Shimano and Campy

Bjorn will be riding toeclips w/ straps in Hawaii

I saw Gopha riding in a Nashbar jersey

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe,

if you are saying or implying that I am also this Tri-Ninja a-hole, you couldn't be more wrong. sorry to piss in your corn pops but I have only ever posted here as Tim, cause that is who I am.

I may be an a-hole too sometimes but I am a sincere one. and I would waste all that time copying and changing my own posts. gimme a break, do I really sound THAT stupid?

Timbo
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [Timbit_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...do I really sound THAT stupid?"

Yes

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Timbit_B thread, Just plain Boring! [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it must really hurt that you'll never know if I am also Tri-Ninja or not huh?

Hey Tri-Ninja, thanks for the help! your attempt at an insult actually backfired and I found your posts quite entertaining and humorous!

Timbo
Quote Reply