Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timberman ST meetup Vote
Quote | Reply
Timberman is only a few days away and although it seems like a lot of people are interested in meeting up we still havent set a time or day ... so lets figure this out ...

Saturday at packet pickup or Sunday after the race?

My vote is for Saturday at packet pickup so I wont be cranky and tired ... If everyone wants to do it on Sunday instead maybe a good place would be where the awards ceremony will be - i have a message into KJ to see when/where they are.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman ST meetup Vote [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys NEED to set up a place and time, so that the lurkers know when to check you out! ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote we all meet up on Saturday @ packet pick-up.

Maybe we can all gather around Rappstar since we all know what he looks like, assuming he doesn't mind ; )

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman ST meetup Vote [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats funny I forgot about that ... sounds good although im not sure he will be there as I think the pro's have a seperate meeting ... but I bet he will come to meet everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday after packet pickup works for me, although there are a couple of seminars on bike maintenance and such that I'd like to attend, and I hope to swim with some TNO people around 3:30.

Name a time and place and people will come. I'll be wearing my tribe shirt.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody bite the bullet and name a time/place. What time is packet pick-up anyway??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We can have two meetings

Sunday: after the race, say 12:30 to 1 pm., meet on the Lake side of the bath house, right in front. As I recall there is nothing set up in this area the food is on the other side of the bath house as I recall.

Saturday: How about at the dinner. This is the first time it is at Gunstock, so I don't know the layout. How about back left corner of whatever dining area is set up. Someone bring a little "slowtwitch" sign like at the airport.

I am easy to spot. 6'2" with sideburns like Elvis. See you there. I am number 339, stop by and say hello in the transition area.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman ST meetup Vote [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will not be at the dinner, so I will try to hang out near the bath house Sunday (does that sound bad?)

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Timberman ST meetup Vote [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, with a 7am start with waves at 5min intervals, you're going to be pretty fast to finish by 12:30. I'm hoping to go under 6 hours and expect to be finishing around 1pm. Going to need a little time to recover before I'm feeling sociable I would think.

I'm bib #1392 and will be wearing a TSR top during the race, and riding a black titanflex. After race I'll be in a tribe T-shirt. I'm the one with the funny english accent.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, we know Tri_Yoda is bringing the beer, so why don't we find out where HE is gonna be, and there ya have it. You always want to plan to meet at the bar, and he is the bar. ;-)

I/we won't be arriving at the venue 'til mid afternoon on Sat. So, we may not be able to see too many folks then.

After the race works - I'll be in no rush to go anywhere, and just chilling out drinking Tri_Yoda's beer, so come look for us. I'm the pasty dude w/ short brown (and gray) hair, who looks passingly like he's related to Demerly, and who hopefully will be done about 5hrs after my wave (#10) goes off.

At a minimum I'l be sporting the Peaceful Tribe hat, and if it's not too sunny or hot, the shirt as well. See y'all in a coupla days. Taper hard!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Timberman ST meetup Vote [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anybody know which wave is the 30-34?

Thanks,

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply