Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo
Quote | Reply
Fantastic documentary on Tim Don -- his injury, recovery and race at Boston was posted today. 28 minutes long. It's a great watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjIchwAkAU
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation. 28 minutes well spent.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation!
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. 28 minutes well spent.
X2
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After watching it, it's hard to doubt him -- but what are his chances to even qualify for Kona at this point? It seems like he'd have to a great performance at the European regional championships to make this possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The man has pure balls! To get that contraption put on his head then go out and run a marathon (with the time that he got!)

I'd love him to podium at Kona after going through what he's been through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim Don is something else ... What a character, what an athlete, what a husband, what a father, what a man. If Tim ever reads this I hope he knows the impact he has had on many of us in the Triathlon community and beyond. Tim's "Dirty Wicked" and I'll never forget his impact on my mindset in hard times.

WWTD ....

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How the heck can anyone not cheer for this guy? If he doesn’t qualify for kona, would wtc ever give someone an ‘exemption’ to the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff. Gave me a bit extra motivation while on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty Fantastic. No idea how he is that positive through all that...Hope he has continued success for the remainder of his career.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He probably needs 6th or 7th place to earn enough points at a RC IM. Has he announced that he's racing Frankfurt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
How the heck can anyone not cheer for this guy? If he doesn’t qualify for kona, would wtc ever give someone an ‘exemption’ to the race?

I was thinking that surely Ironman should give him an exemption into the race. He was until recently their ‘world record’ holder, and I imagine they could get done publicity having him on the start line after the injury he suffered on the island the year earlier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there’s ever a good reason to use the exemption, this is one.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He would have been such a strong contender in 2017! I really hope he has not lost his chance (taking his high age into account).Get this man to Kona and I'm sorry Lionel you will have to wait a year or 2 :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
He would have been such a strong contender in 2017! I really hope he has not lost his chance (taking his high age into account).Get this man to Kona and I'm sorry Lionel you will have to wait a year or 2 :)

The form he was in leading up to it, I do think he had a great chance of getting on that podium last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So good, thanks for posting. Very motivational and I hope he can be in Kona.

PS. This video has me seriously looking at ON Cloud shoes :) Thank you On Cloud and Specialized for supporting Tim.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: May 31, 18 7:29
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordanac wrote:
He probably needs 6th or 7th place to earn enough points at a RC IM. Has he announced that he's racing Frankfurt?

This says he plans on racing in the European championship:

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...the-man-with-a-halo/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

they'd have to give Matt Russell one too (which I think they should definitely do for both these guys)
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don documentary -- The Man with the Halo [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
logella wrote:

they'd have to give Matt Russell one too (which I think they should definitely do for both these guys)

Agree
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agree! NBC would love that for the 1hour race recap!
Quote Reply