Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tiemeyer custom?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to into a custom Tiemeyer TT bike.

Anybody has one?

How does it feel? It sure looks cool!
Quote Reply
Re: Tiemeyer custom? [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only time I've ever seen one is when a couple of the Focus 2004 National Team guys came out to beat up on us at the Velodrome. Their bikes were Tiemeyers and very nice, I didn't get a close look as they were typically going by at 70 kph.

I haven't ever ridden one, but Michael Creed (USPS) shevled his Cervelo to use one in Zolder for Worlds.

He could have used a Cervelo or a BT.

Very aero, Tiemeyer uses the same tubes the Project 96/2000 Olympic bikes used I think.

Custom is good but can also be a disaster. Better to suggest to him what you are using the bike for, rather than saying I need a 564mm top tube and 77.2 seat angle. He knows how to build the bike.

Yaqui seems to have a loyal following here and amongst triathletes. Ves can build using the Scandium aero tubing, very nice.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Tiemeyer custom? [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one for my self last christmas,more of a tt bike as i do not run or swim,LOVE IT not the lighest frame out there,but stiff,I had David do a custom,we took a lot of measurements from my TT and road bike,and looked at my position with a few different handlbar setups on my TT bike,to come up with a good setup. David could not be better to work with,i used to build frames and was impressed with just how well he knows what he doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Tiemeyer custom? [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had Dave build bikes for my clients for many years and his work is excellent, the frames are beautiful, and everyone I've put on one has loved it. Finally got myself one about 2 months ago for TTs and raced it last weekend - fantastic! The Reynolds frame is essentially the old GT Superbike, which Dave built for GT. He also does lighter bikes with Easton tubes, etc. Hard to go wrong with one of his bikes.

Christopher Kautz
Director of Technology, Product Development, and Education
GURU Sports, a division of Cannondale Sports Unlimited
Quote Reply