Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tickr funny readings
Quote | Reply
I have a fairly new wahoo heart rate meter. The last two days it has been reading about 40 beats higher than I believe it should be. it does not seem to be those abnormally high readings that you would get before the electrodes make a good connection, rather it is just overly high for an extended period. I checked the firmware and it is up to date.

I guess the other option is my heart rate was just higher because it was within the bounds of normal but my exertion was pretty low. So it's either me or the instrument but I want to rule the instrument out first.
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr funny readings [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was having an issue where mine (new X) would freeze on a reading for a while. It didn't appear to be a no-reading case, just stuck where it was. Wahoo has a replacement unit on the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr funny readings [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay thanks I will reach out to them and use my old ant strap in the meantime and see if I still get weird readings. Unfortunately my heart is out of warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this exact same problem. I'm on my 4th wahoo tickr. They said they had made some hardware changes, but after a few weeks I get drop-outs and erroneous unbelievable readings. I'm now at the stage where I am looking at somehow acquiring an older version tickr or switching brands. Unfortunately the only main brands left are the Polar (h9 or h10) or Garmin, who I prefer not to deal with as they have similar quality issues with their HRMs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried getting some electrode gel? You might be getting cadence lock so the electrode gel may help solve that.

Since its a new strap it probably isn't the strap itself but just a few weeks ago I was having similar issues. I tried different ways of wetting the strap, wetting my body before the run, licking, etc. When none of that worked I went to electrode gel. It was like $6 for 2 small bottles but it'll probably last a lifetime. That ended up not working so then I bought a new strap. That solved my issues. My strap was about 1 year old and it's the second strap I've gone through. Do you know anyone that you could borrow a strap from and give that a try?
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr funny readings [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard of cadence lock before. What's that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this may be a dumb question and not trying to insult you but: have you confirmed your suspicion with the simple count the beats (wrist pulse rate) in say 15 sec multiply by 4? Are you certain the device is not reading correctly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
For the first few minutes of a run it mixes your cadence and heart beat up. People talk about electrode gel and I was really close to buying it, but I found running warm water over both the sensors before my run completely solved the issue for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr funny readings [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
this may be a dumb question and not trying to insult you but: have you confirmed your suspicion with the simple count the beats (wrist pulse rate) in say 15 sec multiply by 4? Are you certain the device is not reading correctly?

It's not a dumb question at all. I did it today and it was not reading correctly.

I was hiking with ski poles and jogging a bit, probably about 110 beats or so, all of a sudden it started reading right, but after maybe 25 minutes

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/cG5gGp60Bab
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr funny readings [duganator99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duganator99 wrote:
Traket92x wrote:

For the first few minutes of a run it mixes your cadence and heart beat up. People talk about electrode gel and I was really close to buying it, but I found running warm water over both the sensors before my run completely solved the issue for me.

Gotcha. I've suspected something like that happening. Between that and poor electrode contact, I normally ignore the first minute or two of activitiy. What I've been seeing happens mid run when I'm plenty sweaty and it's been working well for a long while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
duganator99 wrote:
Traket92x wrote:

Gotcha. I've suspected something like that happening. Between that and poor electrode contact, I normally ignore the first minute or two of activitiy. What I've been seeing happens mid run when I'm plenty sweaty and it's been working well for a long while.
It happened to me a few times as well and a good soak in soapy water and a battery replacement fixed it.
Quote Reply