Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thought on TitanFlex, Di2 and other random gear
Quote | Reply
Been meaning to post this for a month now, wanted to share some thoughts on recent gear changes.
First let me say I am not an experienced triathlete or cyclist, just got started in the last year.
I have been riding my XLG Titanflex Veteran, with shimano Di2 for about 2 months now, and have been thoroughly impressed. One of the best parts of the experience has been dealing with TitanFlex inventor Tom Pliszkin, he has gone above and beyond to help me get my bike together and provided exceptional customer service. Definitely one of the best people I have ever done business with. ( of note, extremely high marks have Emilio Desoto, the folks at the Rudy Project, and the guys at Cyclewerx here in Cape Girardeau, MO).
The bike it self is great, the shock absorbtion and adjustability of the beam has made an significant difference in the comfort of my ride, its stable at speed and it feels rock solid and stiff when standing and climbing. ( and I am a big guy at 6'6" , 255#, working towards 230" BTW).
The shimano Di2 also rocks, shifting is smooth and precise, and having controls at the brakes and the barends has allowed me to shift more frequently and made for far more efficient pedaling.
Also recently started using a halo headband under my helmet, wish I had done it long ago.
Last edited by: DragonMD: May 17, 10 16:09
Quote Reply
Re: Thought on TitanFlex, Di2 and other random gear [DragonMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is that the new aero one?

pics please!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know about the halo. I've been debating for months. I'll pick one up this weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Been meaning to post this for a month now, wanted to share some thoughts on recent gear changes.
First let me say I am not an experienced triathlete or cyclist, just got started in the last year.
I have been riding my XLG Titanflex Veteran, with shimano Di2 for about 2 months now, and have been thoroughly impressed. One of the best parts of the experience has been dealing with TitanFlex inventor Tom Pliszkin, he has gone above and beyond to help me get my bike together and provided exceptional customer service. Definitely one of the best people I have ever done business with. ( of note, extremely high marks have Emilio Desoto, the folks at the Rudy Project, and the guys at Cyclewerx here in Cape Girardeau, MO).
The bike it self is great, the shock absorbtion and adjustability of the beam has made an significant difference in the comfort of my ride, its stable at speed and it feels rock solid and stiff when standing and climbing. ( and I am a big guy at 6'6" , 255#, working towards 230" BTW).

Is that a custom length extra-long boom?
Quote Reply
Re: Thought on TitanFlex, Di2 and other random gear [msk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[replyIs that a custom length extra-long boom?[/reply]

I'm 6'5" and was no where close to needing any special boom when I bought mine 6 years ago. Love it!

George

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's called a picture.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Thought on TitanFlex, Di2 and other random gear [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the standard length "chunky monkey" boom.
I will post pictures as soon as I set up somewhere to host them.
Derrick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very Cool! Welcome to the cult. :-)

You're a brave man posting that picture, though. I hope you own some Nomex....

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will second the great customer service by Tom at TitanFlex. I recently posted about my recent experience in his dealing with a warranty issue. I love my TF Transition.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, my god.
Quote Reply