Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Those who have dealt with hip bursitis
Quote | Reply
did you get a cortisone shot and did it help? I have a bunch of early spring trail races coming up and don't want to totally stop run training.
Quote Reply
Re: Those who have dealt with hip bursitis [TricentralPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go see a local PT that specializes in sports injuries. They should want you to lower your mileage but you shouldn’t have to stop.

ART, MDT, DNS, MPI, FST
Quote Reply
Re: Those who have dealt with hip bursitis [tri_big_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw orthopedic doctor 2 weeks ago who specializes in hips, they did xrays, said no arthritis and offered me a cortisone shot which I declined because I hate needles and i'm just leery of cortisone in general. I;'m now two weeks into PT/icing/anti-inflamatories that don't seem to be doing much and i'm just really considering getting the shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had it a few years back; anti-inflammatory cream and not running for a while fixed it for me.
It sucks to miss out on races and lose fitness, but long term it is much better to your body than cortisone shots (not a doctor, just my opinion). Optimize for the long run (pun not intended)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had it twice and got the cortisone shot both times with success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cortisone resolved my issue, as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had it flare up so bad that I had to walk with a cane for a few days -- after ibuprofen didn't help, I went to the ER, they diagnosed it as bursitis and gave me a cortisone shot. I walked (1 mile) home that day. I switched to a different style of running shoe, and it hasn't come back since (unless I wait too long to replace the shoes). That was 10 years ago.
Quote Reply