Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This tire? That Tire? or Other tire?
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, looking for your insights on tires :)

I got a newer bike that came with one TTR 2 Felt Tire, like new actually! I wonder if I should get a second one of this so I can have both matching tires or replace it with Vittoria Zaffiro Slick Pro, they look good, not damage or cracking but they are from 2013.

I notice the Felt tires have some grooves and markings for tracktion/avoid slip, but the Vittoria has no grooves, not because of use but because of that how they were made... Suggestions?

• Felt?
  • Vittoria?
  • Something else?

Order of preference: Safety, Speed, Price, Punctures.
Quote Reply
Re: This tire? That Tire? or Other tire? [EdArt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The easy button here is Continental GP5000s with latex tubes. Or go tubeless if you prefer. This is an all around fast and durable tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above. Something else. The Continental GP 5000 tires are the gold standard training and racing tire. It is one of the fastest, and the only tires faster are not a lot faster but they are a lot less durable.

And latex tubes. Or tubeless. I went from the Felt TTR 2 tires to Continental GP 4000 II with latex to GP5K with latex. I did not like the felt tires. They rode like crap and they were not that fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy Contis and you will never change tire brands again!
Quote Reply
Re: This tire? That Tire? or Other tire? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are great. I opt for the Corsas for a pure race tire. But the 5000s are super tough to beat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey man, thank you very much for the recommendation. I'm getting those for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: This tire? That Tire? or Other tire? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You make great point.
I have a pair of HED wheels from back 2013, still in great shape, but I don't think I can convert them to tubeless, unless...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
The easy button here is Continental GP5000s with latex tubes. Or go tubeless if you prefer. This is an all around fast and durable tire.

+1 with one caveat -

These are both Vittoria latex tubes made in Thailand. The upper tube is newer, and has a smaller round rubber grommet at the base of the valve stem. In addition, it is not feathered on the edges as much as the larger, oval grommet of the older tube. IMHO, this creates a high stress area where the latex can easily "tear" - and is in fact how the new tube failed when first inflated. If this happens, you can call Vittoria at 1-800-223-3207 and they will replace the tube, but you do not want this happening the morning of a race!
Quote Reply
Re: This tire? That Tire? or Other tire? [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you pull the valve tight against the rim when you start to inflate. Do that and you should have no problems.
Quote Reply