Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
This must be the to do cycling race in MIami
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lulz at mediocre riders doing massive amounts of drugs to still be mediocre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems pretty standard for the cyclists in the Miami crowd...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Seems pretty standard for the cyclists in the Miami crowd...

Or all of Florida.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, I was about to call you out for posting old news. Until I realized it was a 4th dude. Insane. Though being from SoCal I'm not about to call out Florida geezers for doping. We have our own geezer doping issues.
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was a lot from a single event
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you blame these guys?! There was $450 on the line for the win, and it paid out TEN deep! Huge masters purse.

jeffp wrote:
I thought it was a lot from a single event

I'm wondering if anybody they tested wasn't taking drugs.... ?

I don't know what some of that stuff is... or if you might take it by accident. But EPO? That's expensive hard core shit!
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade wrote:
How can you blame these guys?! There was $450 on the line for the win, and it paid out TEN deep! Huge masters purse.
This.

I really never understood some of the risks guys were willing to take in a 3/4 field to win what amounted to gas money.
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Bonesbrigade wrote:

This.

I really never understood some of the risks guys were willing to take in a 3/4 field to win what amounted to gas money.

And this is probably why we'll never have clean racing or fair competition in society. It's not about the money, and people just can't get their heads around it.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
ripple wrote:
Bonesbrigade wrote:

This.

And this is probably why we'll never have clean racing or fair competition in society. It's not about the money, and people just can't get their heads around it.
Disagree somewhat - for some it was about the money. To win, yes some of the risks make sense. But when you're pulling bullshit in the field sprint for 5th place? Or trying to move up during a field sprint to get into the top 10? I did plenty of bike racing. You see it all. These guys wanted to cash. $25, $30, whatever it didn't matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe pink: I wonder if there's increased druggies in endurance sport due to the influx of "fitness models" and crossfit people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rather pathetic; it's ~100-person field, three indicated as being DQed so far...

https://legacy.usacycling.org/...year=2018&id=614
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
ripple wrote:
Bonesbrigade wrote:

This.

Disagree somewhat - for some it was about the money. To win, yes some of the risks make sense. But when you're pulling bullshit in the field sprint for 5th place? Or trying to move up during a field sprint to get into the top 10? I did plenty of bike racing. You see it all. These guys wanted to cash. $25, $30, whatever it didn't matter.

What does sprinting have to do with taking drugs?

Absolutely massive differences in what you're posting.
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
ripple wrote:
Bonesbrigade wrote:

This.

What you said. And more. Mother's little helper has become everyone's little helper. I'm old enough that the doctor will give me a T prescription. I haven't raced for 2 years and may not ever race again, but I still struggle with the idea of taking it. Then there's the ads on TV. "Trust me, she'll like it, too." Jerry Garcia once said if there was a pill that would make him smarter, he'd take it. Sometimes I think we've become a doping society, for the everyday bumps and pebbles in the road, not just chronic and acute issues.

Now, excuse me, it's time for my rum.
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely nothing. My original response was a piggy-back on BonesBrigade making fun of the purse size.

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Absolutely nothing. My original response was a piggy-back on BonesBrigade making fun of the purse size.

Carry on.
\

Equating sprinting as a risk akin to taking drugs, regardless of payout, is asinine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"win at all costs" for $450 purses, is asinine. drugs or risks. it has to do with the mentality.
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and I am sure they caught them all................

tends to point to just how rampant doping might be in amateur sports, but i am sure triathlon is the one clean one :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
"win at all costs" for $450 purses, is asinine.

The purse has nothing to do with it, though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
"win at all costs" for $450 purses, is asinine. drugs or risks. it has to do with the mentality.

You have an extremely convoluted notion of risk, cheating, and sport.

That's the only issue with mentality I see here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rubik wrote:
ripple wrote:

You have an extremely convoluted notion of risk, cheating, and sport.

That's the only issue with mentality I see here.

I’m pretty sure ripple isn’t comparing sprinting for 10th and taking drugs in masters racing. We’re all saying the same thing about the silliness of all this. Ripple is just giving another example of silliness. That is all.

Thanks Bones. I've already given up!
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade wrote:
We’re all saying the same thing about the silliness of all this. Ripple is just giving another example of silliness. That is all.

False equivalency of "silly," though. Sprinting for minor places can be breach of etiquette, and usually isn't a big deal. Doping is cheating, and is a violation of the entire premise of fair competition. Completely different threads
Quote Reply
Re: This must be the to do cycling race in MIami [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Bonesbrigade wrote:

We’re all saying the same thing about the silliness of all this. Ripple is just giving another example of silliness. That is all.

False equivalency of "silly," though. Sprinting for minor places can be breach of etiquette, and usually isn't a big deal. Doping is cheating, and is a violation of the entire premise of fair competition. Completely different threads

OMG guys, who the heck said they were equivilant? This is typical message board behaviour where you are assuming that’s what someone is saying.

We all know doping is cheating and yes sprinting for 10th is not even close to be the same thing. BUT, they are both in the pot of silliness of masters road racing behaviour.

Last edited by: Bonesbrigade: Jan 22, 19 9:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next