Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This could be expensive!
Quote | Reply
I have tried today to put a set of aerobars on my road bike and find a good position. I have tested the result out on my trainer. Not easy. Does anyone know of a site with "set up of road bike with aerobar - for dummies"? I need the basics.

Or else this have potential for ending with ..... a tri bike.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Re: This could be expensive! [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends. Are you trying to make a road bike in to a steep/low tri bike, a slack/low time trial bike, or an ITU style bike?
Quote Reply
Re: This could be expensive! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey John A, you may find this a valuable resource. I wrote it a few years ago.

http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=126

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: This could be expensive! [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero bars with road bikes was covered already today on another post.

Will you be riding in a standard 73/74 degree position or are you trying to mimic a tri bike with a forward seat post. If you're in a standard road position you want the aero bars to be shorter than on a tri bike in order not to be too stretched out. I'm 5'10" and have found the Syntace C2 small size to work excellent with my road bike. Another good aero bar is the the Profile Aerolite because of its adjustability. Try to keep a 90 degree angle from torso/shoulder/elbow. You'll need to take some photos of yourself with a digital camera while on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: This could be expensive! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I sort of know where this is heading, the colango for the roadie stuff and a cervelo for the tri stuff. Could be worse.

But while I'm saving..... I'll use it in a standard "road position" and I have the profile carbon stryke aerobar wich looks very adjustable. And I can't afford to loose "much" handling as I'm not a bike handling master.

You have given me some good basics rules, if anyone has pictures of a person on a good fited roadbike with aerobars (and description on why it's good).

I'll try it out today on the road, I hope I survive.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply