Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You did of course know that it was Nixon who used the North Korean made weather device to move the jet stream to be sure that the weather was proper to grow this "super fungi". For a few years the machine went unused as the jet stream stayed in check (I think however that was more do to the "earth tipper" that took the earth from 21 to 23 degrees shortly after WWII).

The weather device was last used by George Bush to steer hurricanes and crime ridden cities in Louisana.
Look, you can think this shit is a joke all you want sheep. Ignore all the evidence and stick to your cities and Michelob Light. That is just what the sheep are supposed to do. You may think it is "enlightened" to live in Babalon, but you will see that it isn't a joke. Then you will come running to people like me who know how to survive. I'll be seein' ya.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Jeff Vader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Of course the CO2 issue now has me worried. Should I be moving the really big plants outside at night or just get a CO2 detector. Does the switch over from ozygen to CO2 take place after sundown or at bedtime?

You do know there's a difference between CO (carbon monoxide, the highly poisonous stuff you get a detector for) and CO2 (carbon dioxide), right?

Humans exhale carbon dioxide when we breathe. In highly concentrated amounts, it's poisonous, but I doubt your plant would be producing much more of it than you are yourself. Furthermore, once the sun sets, photosynthesis (the light-powered reaction by which plants convert CO2 to oxygen) stops and the plants start "exhaling" CO2. (Here's a reference to support my statement: http://www.epa.gov/...ons/co2_natural.html ) Do you think your houseplants are having as much of an effect as your lawn and all the other outdoor plants? What do you think happens when the sun sets on the rainforest?

Chemistry is funny because one atom can make a big difference. OH (hydroxide) is as very poisonous base (bases are the opposite of acid), but H2O is what we drink. The only difference is one oxygen atom. (And as an aside, extremely large amounts of water can kill you, too. The condition is called Water Intoxication.)

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Last edited by: SaraJean: Jul 16, 08 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [SaraJean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Of course the CO2 issue now has me worried. Should I be moving the really big plants outside at night or just get a CO2 detector. Does the switch over from ozygen to CO2 take place after sundown or at bedtime?

You do know there's a difference between CO (carbon monoxide, the highly poisonous stuff you get a detector for) and CO2 (carbon dioxide), right?

Humans exhale carbon dioxide when we breathe. In highly concentrated amounts, it's poisonous, but I doubt your plant would be producing much more of it than you are yourself. Furthermore, once the sun sets, photosynthesis (the light-powered reaction by which plants convert CO2 to oxygen) stops and the plants start "exhaling" CO2. (Here's a reference to support my statement: http://www.epa.gov/...ons/co2_natural.html ) Do you think your houseplants are having as much of an effect as your lawn and all the other outdoor plants? What do you think happens when the sun sets on the rainforest?

Chemistry is funny because one atom can make a big difference. OH (hydroxide) is as very poisonous base (bases are the opposite of acid), but H2O is what we drink. The only difference is one oxygen atom. (And as an aside, extremely large amounts of water can kill you, too. The condition is called Water Intoxication.)
And H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide and it fuels torpedos.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, and if you dillute H2O2, it's useful as a disinfectant.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
(And as an aside, extremely large amounts of water can kill you, too. The condition is called Water Intoxication.)

Darned dihydrogen monoxide extremists give that coumpound such a bad rep.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Cliff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To
You should do some research on the flora and fauna of your next "A" race and surround yourself with native species.[/reply]
That's an interesting concept. But most native species don't do well indoors. Each race you're competing in though can have varying surrounding flora and this can contribute to varying performance in my opinion. I don't think varying fauna will have any impact though. Unless they get in the way of your bike... :-)

Quite frankly... I don't think the various pollens and toxins of the varying surrounding flora will have as much impact as one's normal training emphasis on aerobic functional threshold power... so it's probably not worth the effort to mimic this environment in training.

"My next big race is in New Hampshire. Some people heat acclimate, or do hills, I am surrounding myself with poison ivy and liberatarians. Besides poison ivy has great fall color. I do agree about the fauna. I did see a moose on a run once, but to intentionally surround oneself with moose during training would be a bad idea. "
Last edited by: dominator: Jul 16, 08 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
(And as an aside, extremely large amounts of water can kill you, too. The condition is called Water Intoxication.)
I beleive the real term is (and cause of death would be) Hypnatremia. Stop letting facts get into the way of our fun and paranoia!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
I beleive the real term is (and cause of death would be) Hypnatremia. Stop letting facts get into the way of our fun and paranoia!
Hey, what are the new man purses a fella has to have this season?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit, go figure - I spell Hyponatremia wrong and you quote me....

actually it was a clue to the code...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else wondering how many personas Eddie here is going to create to respond to his own posts?

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [Jeff Vader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This all sounds super gay to me. Just my two cents though.
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [metalmulisha79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This all sounds super gay to me. Just my two cents though.
What you do in your fall-out shelter is your business, what I do in mine is mine. You seem to be an expert on "super gay," so please don't describe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DBT - I agree with most of your sentiments... but if you get acrimonious on forums... you won't be able to convince anyone of the truth. It is counter-productive in my experience.

Just my 2c

I wonder where the OP has gone? I am interested to see how he finally decides to set-up the flora in his workout space. I just realized that I hadn't mentioned palms as a suggestion. They are excellent as far as aesthetics and ease of care go... but their oxygen production per square inch of foliage is low.
Last edited by: Cliff: Jul 16, 08 15:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to not be too explicit because I don't believe it in a superior way, I just believe it because it is what I believe nature wants. We are all God's children.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another suggestion regarding your workout space is to have a Eucalyptus Lemon tree indoors. I have had one for four years now and it has made a big difference to the internal aroma and asthetic ambience. The small tree grows to about 40 feet outside (but typically about 15 feet in cooler temperatures found in most of the US. It can be grown as an indoor pet however... it just needs plenty of light and pruning. The citrus eucalyptus scent is excellent when exerting yourself as it counters the natural tendency of your nasal and sinusoidal mucosa to produce excessive mucous and inhibit respiration. The leaves, unlike most eucalypts, are sword shaped, which looks very pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't have it placed too close to the Tuberous Sword fern however (if you go for that fern choice) as the leaf patterns are similar.

Be careful when you massage a Eucalypt though. The one I have is prone to the leaves falling off and this is quite upsetting when the purpose of the massage is to benefit/soothe the plant. If you get this tree, or any Eucalypt for that matter, and you are performing regular massages on all your plants, stick to the trunk, branches and capillary limbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I try to not be too explicit because I don't believe it in a superior way, I just believe it because it is what I believe nature wants. We are all God's children.
I believe in God. But I also believe that people are born that way. I feel very upset at times at the non-acceptance of people with different wants and needs with regard love. If God intended that a man loving another man was a sin... then why would a man be getting these feelings when he is twelve years old, before is old old enough to know any better, when his father is so vocally against it, and it causes them so much torment and crying when alone? I read about a man's situation once in the newspaper and this is where I am getting this example from.

Anyway.. that's a hot topic and off-thread so it is best not discussed... even though an anonymous forum would be the ideal place to discuss these things I imagine, if one was unable to discuss it openly.
Last edited by: Cliff: Jul 16, 08 16:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While we are on the subject of Katrina a bit... there's a couple of things I want to say. One is that the media made such a sensation about New Orleans and the race thing... that most of America probably feels like this is where all the destruction and devastation happened. Unfortunately there is a whole swathe of communities in Mississippi and Alabama that were laid to waste. Flattened. Destroyed. Peoples communities and lives... disappeared. But no reporter could be bothered going there cause the story was in New Orleans. Some of these communities were still flattened wastelands a year later. Nobody seemed to care much.

Another point to support that the government had something to do with engineering this crisis: The guy in the White House that FEMA reported to after Katrina was Andy Card. In 1992, when Hurricane Andrew devastated Florida and FEMA was incompetent, guess who George H. W. Bush had in charge of the FEMA clean up. Andy Card.

I think it is possible, given what people are saying here, that Hurricane Andrew may have been created by this weather making device (which George H. W. Bush would have known about with his connections to the Pentagon and the CIA). The timing of the hurricane was August 1992... the election was in November, 1992. There has only been a couple of category 5 hurricanes to EVER hit the US. And it hit in Florida in a pivotal electoral swing State three months before an important election. The motive would have been to cause fear and devastation... and for the Government to ride in like the cavalry and be the protector. The irony is that in both cases, the whole thing back-fired for the GOP/White House and Andy Card was in charge of both. No wonder he left. He was probably asked to go.

Just my 2c... back to plants I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy,

Can't make it tonight. Steph wants these RFK reports by the 15th and I am allready a day behind. Can you talk to your buddy in Deluth and aks him if he can get his people to submit the TTPs on time. This stuff is killing me. I can't get it done on time we they are later and am taking heat.

did you see Sandi today. wow. Is she coming tonight? I can't believe she is doing Stew. I thought he was gay.

JV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just sold your identity to a Mexican family who are going to purchase an over priced home near mine.
Screw that- you're too close to that government fungus. Tell those folks to buy my place in DeKalb.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cliff... Lavender Room. Lavender Room... Cliff.

Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about a fern for my workout space [jvader@nsa.gov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jimmy,

Can't make it tonight. Steph wants these RFK reports by the 15th and I am allready a day behind. Can you talk to your buddy in Deluth and aks him if he can get his people to submit the TTPs on time. This stuff is killing me. I can't get it done on time we they are later and am taking heat.

did you see Sandi today. wow. Is she coming tonight? I can't believe she is doing Stew. I thought he was gay.

JV
What the heck is this?????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jimmy,

JV
I think the IT guys are screwin with you email again. I am getting some weird reponses bounce back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey honey. I am going to be late tonight. I've gotta finish those reports. Kiss the kids for me.

Do you need me to stop by the store on the way home?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey gorgeous. I'm leavin now. Can you be ready for me?

xo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<Google>
<Google Search-lite bondage>
<Google Results>
<Google Images>
<MSN>
<Google>
<Google News>
<Google News Search-Tour France>