Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thin Brake Pad Carriers
Quote | Reply
I have a nosecone shiv and my new Roval clx 60 wheels don't seem to fit between the front brakes. The brakes are open as wide as possible - the carriers are up against the inside of the fork. Rather than shaving 1-2 mm off each brake pad to get the wheel to spin freely, I was thinking of just replacing the brake pad carriers with a thinner option.

Anyone run into a similar issue before and have any recommendations on thin brake pad carriers?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Thin Brake Pad Carriers [smccauley49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp and swisstop make thinner pads for this, that is the EVO moniker that costs more but gives you thinner pads.
Don't know anybody that makes thinner carriers.
Quote Reply
Re: Thin Brake Pad Carriers [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit like those "new" Continental GP4000S RS tyres. Exactly the same construction, just with less rubber depth and a higher price tag!

As to the OP, I've never seen any carriers notably thinner than usual, but it's an interesting idea. I'd be keen to know if you find something.
Quote Reply
Re: Thin Brake Pad Carriers [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. I believe Roval voids the warranty if you use anything other than swiss stop black prince pads. But I'll do some research on thinner pads as well. If it allows me to actually use them then I'd see that as worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Thin Brake Pad Carriers [smccauley49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you end up getting swissstop Evo?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Thin Brake Pad Carriers [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. The only information I could find on thinner brake pad carriers was a DIY approach with a hacksaw. I opted for the EVOs and they were a better fit. I just had to sand them down slightly to get the wheels to spin freely.
Quote Reply