Login required to post replies

These look nice...
Quote | Reply
new suits at http://www.ironmanwetsuits.com

i love swimming !!!
Quote Reply
Re: These look nice... [cookie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, looks like these guys are making a push for selling direct. One thing they are doing right (IMHO) is paring down the line to just what makes sense. What happened to their two piece suit?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: These look nice... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cookie/Tom;

Actually, we're not making a push to online/direct sales - far from it. This year we've built up a wide range of dealers but it's not possible to be in every town. We've therefore created the ability for customers to purchase online as we found there we areas of the country where people were not close to a store. However, our preference is that you go to a store - for buying a wetsuit (and a bike for that matter) you should get it fitted by a professional, try on different sizes and also different makes. At the end of the day, the suit that's right for you is the one that fits you best and you feel happiest in. Tom's policy at Bikesport was always that they wouldn't sell online as the suit needed to be fitted, and that's one we support. If you are going to buy remotely, then you can talk to us re: sizing and getting the right suit for you, and buy online if you want, but if possible, go to a store or to a race expo and try them on.

As far as the 2-piece suit goes (the Fusion) we will supply it to someone who really wants it but we've made such strides forward with the new Stealth that the 2-piece advantage is just not there. We stood by the statement that, because of decreased bouyancy, the 2-piece suits are for top swimmers, and found that the majority of Fusion fans were pro's (Bryan Rhodes) but a lot of pros (Cameron Brown) and most athletes stuck to the 1-piece suits. We built the new Stealth with the goal of completely eliminating any 2-piece advantage. We achieved that and comments from those in the field are here http://www.ironmanwetsuits.com/athletes/feedback.asp In line with the comment about about the best suit being the one that makes you happiest, we can supply 2-pieces to anyone who wants one. Me? Obviously I've tried them all, but I'm in the Stealth.

Thanks - tim

tim@ironmanwetsuits.com

Tim
blue seventy / nuun / digitaltriathlon.com
Quote Reply