Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thermotabs & Salt Replacement Pills
Quote | Reply
I used Thermotabs for the first time in a race yesterday and thought they worked great. I popped 2 tablets at 2 hours and then at 4 hours of a 6 hour 1/2 IM.

Is there a limit on how many or how much salt the body can replace during a race? What have your experiences been?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Thermotabs & Salt Replacement Pills [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take Succeed salt tabs at a rate of 1 every 1/2 hr if it is hot out and i every hr if not. I sweat a lot, and this helps me along with my sports drink and gels. It says 2 per hr is the limit.

Go Big Red
Quote Reply
Re: Thermotabs & Salt Replacement Pills [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use LavaSalts and do not exceed the label's recommendation. So far, so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Thermotabs & Salt Replacement Pills [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been suffering from leg cramping for quiet some time now. I've tried Lava salt with my last half and disaster. I took the max two tablets per hour, and still cramped. I also took calcium, potassium and mag.

I am pretty certain it is salt related because I switched over to straight table salt (1/4 - 1/2 tablespoon) instead and within 20 minutes, the cramps subsided.

Does anyone know how long it takes to absorb the salt tables such as Thermotabs and Lava?
Quote Reply
Re: Thermotabs & Salt Replacement Pills [BigRedMachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much salt is in each tablet? I believe Thermotabs are 8% of DRV. Don't know the weight though...still trying to find out if there is a limit as to how much salt the body can handle.
Quote Reply