Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Themagic5
Quote | Reply
Anone have experience with these? I’m likely to hold off for a while because I just bought some new goggles but wondering how they are? How’s the nose bridge? It looks differently high and with my huge honker it might help.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Taren reviewed them a couple of weeks ago.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen Taren's review; Jordan has one here somewhere if you search.

My sister and I kickstarted Magic5 at their get-two-pairs level. I went to the pool one day and alternated a bunch of different pairs over about 90 minutes -- the Magic5, Aquasphere, Speedo Vanquisher (my regular, with optical correction), TYR special ops, Sable, Finis something-or-others, and I think Roka R2. I could dive in all but the special ops, and none of them leaked in the short test. Since then I have racked up a lot of meters with the Magics. They are comfortable up to about 50 minutes, then they start to annoy me around the eyes, but they don't leak or fog. At all. Visibility is good enough that I don't mind they're not optical, although I am not so great judging the distance to the wall to turn.

My sister took hers into the surf in Kauai. No leaking, no fogging, but she was tumbled by a wave and the ocean claimed her pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pair for Christmas. I amfrom a swimming background, and I have always used Swedish goggles, bacause I couldn't find goggles with a seal that fitted. Further more, the nose pice on all other then Swedish goggles didn't fit.
The first time I used the goggles I was surprised how little tension I needed on the rubber band, and for me the fit is like wearing nothing, and with no leaks.
What I don't know yet is the lifespan of the goggles, but the quality seems as good as any other quality goggles have tested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been swimming with TheMagic5 goggles since the startup. It's the best pair of goggles I've ever swum with! The visibility and the fit is superb. And I've swum with a lot of different goggles (former swimmer and now national team in triathlon)

I can only recommend these goggles, I truly love mine :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend TheMagic5's to anyone!

I swam competitively my whole life, using all sorts of goggles that were all ok. I discovered Themagic5 as a friend had connection to the guys behind the company.
I got my first pair, and I must say I was really impressed with the fit, but the durability lacked a little bit. I shortly after got my replacements, and I have been swimming with them ever since. Now, I refuse to swim without them.
Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [AlecTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlecTri wrote:
I would recommend TheMagic5's to anyone!

I swam competitively my whole life, using all sorts of goggles that were all ok. I discovered Themagic5 as a friend had connection to the guys behind the company.
I got my first pair, and I must say I was really impressed with the fit, but the durability lacked a little bit. I shortly after got my replacements, and I have been swimming with them ever since. Now, I refuse to swim without them.

How long has the durability lasted and what broke? Because I’ve been putting up with AS low life span for a bit. I did the math going through 3+ pairs a year it might actually be CHEAPER to go with themagic5... depending on how long they last.

Also my main concern with goggles is the nose bridge. I have a prominent nose bridge AND broke my nose as a young man. I see the bridge is high instead of low does that keep it away from the bridge of your nose?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tagging onto this as my wife... who is not on this site is thinking about ordering a pair. She has a small face... like when we go snorkeling she usually has to use a childs mask or else she takes on water. In getting into Aquathon she's having a difficult time finding a pair of Goggles that fit... I've cycled her through my assortment of swedish, Roka models and others... none of them have worked yet.

A little on the $$ @ $60'sh, but a goggle that fits would be a welcome move for her. Tagging along or will fill in blanks if we order.
Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been using mine for about a month. Snug fit to keep the water out. They are super clear and yet to fog up - clearest goggles I've ever used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Follow up on the goggles that my wife ordered. She got the gold tint models. She got them relatively quickly. Goggles came in a nice case, have a lens cloth and two separate nose pieces. Not sure if they're different sizes or what.

She was super excited to to get them an very happy to try them out as she's had bad luck with goggle fit, discomfort, face pain post swim by having goggles to tight to make up for poor seal.

They Magic5 goggles fit her perfect, she doesn't have to make them super tight, no fog and they're very clear. She says I should get a pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered a pair in Sept last year and decided to give it a try. Was previously using arena cobra tri goggles with no issues but of course, wanted something new.

First order was delivered halfway around the world in about 2 weeks from ordering. Goggles were fine, wasn't super impressed by it but it wasn't bad. It fits closer to the eye socket than normal tri goggles.

About 1 month later, inside of lenses developed a blur which could not be washed off. Was a little irritating but could live with it.

After 5 months of using it 1-2x per weekc(about 25-30 workouts) in the pool (always washed and air dried in shade immediately), the glue holding the strap to the eye gasket suddenly failed in the middle of a set. Was quite shocked as it was new, I took care of it and never had a goggle come apart like that

I dropped them a Facebook msg, and to their credit they were very responsive. They said there was a problem with their initial batch and offered to send a replacement immediately. 3 weeks later, I saw no sign of it, contacted them again and they said some technical glitch prevented the order from going through and said they are sending it on the way. I'm still waiting for the replacement pair but unless they show their qualify has improved drastically, I will not dare to take it to a race.
Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:
I got a pair for Christmas. I amfrom a swimming background, and I have always used Swedish goggles, bacause I couldn't find goggles with a seal that fitted. Further more, the nose pice on all other then Swedish goggles didn't fit.
The first time I used the goggles I was surprised how little tension I needed on the rubber band, and for me the fit is like wearing nothing, and with no leaks.
What I don't know yet is the lifespan of the goggles, but the quality seems as good as any other quality goggles have tested.

Any update on lifespan of the Magic5? Pretty new pair of AS I have aren’t leaking yet but I can feel that sort of tremor on the side of my breathing eye.

Quote Reply
Re: Themagic5 [MikiTaagholt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikiTaagholt wrote:
I've been swimming with TheMagic5 goggles since the startup. It's the best pair of goggles I've ever swum with! The visibility and the fit is superb. And I've swum with a lot of different goggles (former swimmer and now national team in triathlon)

I can only recommend these goggles, I truly love mine :-)

Do you want to disclose that you were promoting these goggles before the kickstarter was even off the ground? What's your affiliation with them?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZB9EZ8Az49/
Quote Reply