Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else find it troubling that the men and women are receiving equal prize purse distributions dispite the fact that women only make up 28% of the field? If you ask me, the $650,000 should be split $182,000 to the women and $468,000 to the pro men (28% vs. 72%). It stands up to reason that the men are responsible for a big majority share of the viewership, the consuming or products and media, the fanfare, etc., so why should they also not command a equitable share of the profits. I just do not get it. This is not a public company where a woman CEO adds just as much to the company as the male CEO. Here, the male has 72% impact. Daniela deserves a 40% pay cut, if you ask me. What do you think?
Last edited by: davews09: Oct 14, 18 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are woke and I'd love to listen to your podcast.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by curly1975 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: curly1975: Oct 14, 18 13:07
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the poll to the right, think you have it backwards..Troll ahead, hit the brakes!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [curly1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curly1975 wrote:
Am I reading this correctly? Are you seriously suggesting in equality? I really
In Reply To:
hope I have misunderstood.

I think what we are all confused with in reading this, was that I/we didn't know that the internet was around in 1919 before they adopted the 19th Amendment and how this post just showed up nearly 100 years late
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
What do you think?

I think you can fuck right back off into the hole you dragged yourself out of. Thank you for asking.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2Me wrote:
I think you can fuck right back off into the hole you dragged yourself out of. Thank you for asking.

Spoken like a true "Christina". Use your words, girl friend, you can do better than an F bomb insult
Last edited by: davews09: Oct 14, 18 13:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t find it troubling and ARE YOU F***ING kidding me?!! You are talking about viewership? What!?! ST viewership!?! Newsflash. Nobody outside of ST watches IM Kona
Last edited by: mickison: Oct 14, 18 13:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Does anyone else find it troubling that the men and women are receiving equal prize purse distributions dispite the fact that women only make up 28% of the field? If you ask me, the $650,000 should be split $182,000 to the women and $468,000 to the pro men (28% vs. 72%). It stands up to reason that the men are responsible for a big majority share of the viewership, the consuming or products and media, the fanfare, etc., so why should they also not command a equitable share of the profits. I just do not get it. This is not a public company where a woman CEO adds just as much to the company as the male CEO. Here, the male has 72% impact. Daniela deserves a 40% pay cut, if you ask me. What do you think?

Quoted so that if you make any edits we have a history of the stupidest post ever on Slowtwitch. Why would anyone believe that women shouldn’t get equal pay in a sport that is declining in participation?

We need to attract more women to the sport. Your post is disgusting.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my god, it's true, do you really live under a bridge in scandanavia. I was telling my kids you don't exist but it turns out I've found one........
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Are you seriously suggesting Inequality? I really hope I misunderstood this post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:

I think you're mistaking numbers/participation with impact.

The pro men might make up 72% of the pro field but they don't make up 72% of the impact.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [curly1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it be more equitable to split the price purse according to the 72 / 28? How does a nominal 50 / 50 split make any sense?
Last edited by: davews09: Oct 14, 18 14:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow I thought Ironman had priced itself out of the white trash market. Guess I was wrong.

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're an idiot.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
You're an idiot.

Total idiot...

...Ashley Horner should get 100% of the "price purse".
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like if one our pros raced for the Ironman Foundation they'd get much closer to 100k than she did.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awww.... You got me, you little rascal! I was reading away getting hotter and hotter as one assholery followed another, thinking "Are there still social idiots like this running around loose? Voting, driving cars and breeding?" And then it hit me - this is a troll, right? And I fell for it totally. A brilliant exercise in pretending to be a complete idiot just to have a little fun with the Twitchers. Well done, my man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should female police officers earn less because they make up less of the police force? I don’t think so.

I also think Ryf has a tremendous impact with Felt

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is sponsorship money equal? i would probably think no...and these athletes make more off sponsorship/endorsements than anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm against gender inequality, and it is your post that I find troubling.
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know the right answer, but there has to be a more equitable distribution that's in line with relative financial impact than a simple 50 / 50 split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:

What I think;

0% agree with you.

No aswering question, just my opinion, your ideas come from a male chauvinist mentality.

Also I´d like to add that is seems that you don´t know nothing about female sport, and nothing about the right for women´s right in last century (maybe I´m wrong)
Last edited by: luarca: Oct 14, 18 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Does anyone else find it troubling that the men and women are receiving equal prize purse distributions dispite the fact that women only make up 28% of the field?

No
Quote Reply
Re: The pro prize purse at Kona. Does Daniela Ryf's paycheck need adjustment? [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
Should female police officers earn less because they make up less of the police force? I don’t think so.

This is analogous to the CEO example in my OP. The answer is absolutely (and obviously) not.
Quote Reply

Prev Next