Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions
Quote | Reply
so that you all know, yes, we are aware that there's a glitch, and the glitch is that ONLY your swim sessions are showing up in the challenge table. we're working on that. it is our hope that within a few days that will no longer be the case. so, just keep sticking your workouts in your training logs, and with a little luck and a lot of effort we'll get it sorted, and it'll start recording properly before the weekend is out.

furthermore, this challenge officially started this past monday. i sent out some mixed signals as to whether it was going to start on monday, or on the 1st (which was tuesday). because the strongest signal i sent was that it would start monday, that's when it officially started, unless a majority of you feel that tuesday should be the day. the only way i know how to calculate what a "majority" is would be to poll it. if enough of you feel strongly, i'll throw this up as a poll for a day or two to get a sense of it. otherwise, i'll leave the start date as this past monday (oct 31).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Nov 2, 11 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday!

I only say this because beginnings and endings are articifical constructs of our minds - so might as well make it nice and symmterical as compared to our day to day lives!
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Monday!

I only say this because beginnings and endings are articifical constructs of our minds - so might as well make it nice and symmterical as compared to our day to day lives!

Oh sure says you Mr. 7 workouts a day in prep for IMAZ.   I took a 0 on Monday just to have a day off in preparation for beginning on Tuesday.   I feel disenfranchised!!!  I am the 99%.  I think we should re-distribute some of your workouts to the rest of us!!!!

In all seriousness,  to the OP, who cares.  This challenge is for "fun" and to get some sesssions in right.  Theoretically, we should all clear the 36 mark even if we have to miss a day.

And just for the record I took a 0 on Monday because I was a lazy ass.
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tuesday - I took Monday off because it started on Tuesday.
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first is the first. I vote tuesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, too, took Monday off because I read it started Tuesday... I vote for Tuesday!
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [ROCSKI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no strong opinions either way, but I think starting on the first of the month and conducting it for all of November and December is cleaner. Whatever you decide is just dandy with me.

FWIW, I ended up with a session on Monday anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [ROCSKI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tuesday!
Last edited by: TriBeer: Nov 3, 11 7:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also took Monday as my only rest day this century in preparation for the challenge!

but isn't this like "Whose line is it anyway?"...or do the points really matter here? ;)

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st as per original explanation, but I'll survive if you stick to Monday. It's all about incentive to do sessions rather than nothing, and for me it works (so far ...).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote is for Monday, because it's all about sessions and I did the usual double on Monday. I expect to immediately fall way behind all those 3-a-day types.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tuesday. I read the message saying it would start on Tuesday and didn't give it another thought...until Tuesday. I never saw the mixed messages to which you refer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan,
Just want to say THANKS for your efforts!

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [blackduckracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackduckracing wrote:
Hey Dan,
Just want to say THANKS for your efforts!

x2
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You all took Monday off? If you need a rest day you're never going to win ;-)

Please start on Tuesday. On Monday I only did ONE workout. :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 2, 11 15:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tuesday. I got a stronger signal from that original posting saying it would start on the 1st.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tuesday as well. I assumed it started in nov.
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fix wrote:
1st as per original explanation, but I'll survive if you stick to Monday. It's all about incentive to do sessions rather than nothing, and for me it works (so far ...).

This for me as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First I want to thank you for all that you do for us.

Regarding the start date I was under the impression it started on Tuesday, but it's no biggie either way to me.

Thanks again,

Jim

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: The ongoing Challenge Cairns - it's about Sessions [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First I want to thank you for all that you do for us.
Regarding the start date I was under the impression it started on Tuesday, but it's no biggie either way to me.
Thanks again,
------------------------------
all of this. with hopes that i find how to post my 4 workouts so far.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never forget those that sacrificed for your freedom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday.

Also, is there a problem with the profile page? I keep getting an error when trying to update my profile, etc..

Thanks.

http://cmkracing.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My two cents, on behalf of all of us in the northeast who were shoveling snow with no electricity on Monday (and Tuesday)... go for the 1st! Not a big deal either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I am swimming in a endless pool how do I count that ? Not that I have one but you never know Xmas is coming :0)

Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
so that you all know, yes, we are aware that there's a glitch, and the glitch is that ONLY your swim sessions are showing up in the challenge table.

I am fine with just the swims showing up if the total workouts per month can drop to 24!

Was under the impression that it started Tues though.

-leh
Quote Reply

Prev Next