Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler)
Quote | Reply
Let us discuss today's stage up to Arcalis and add our commentary.
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
already half way. I think we'll see a huge shakeup in the GC as some climbers who are 2-3 minutes down (Sastre, Evans) try to get back up to the front of the GC. I'm rooting for Lance, as well as Garmin, but I really don't see anyone staying with Alberto Contador. We shall see in 100km!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Astana is driving the peleton, and Alberto is riding in a protetected position.... typical Johan B. tactics?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The throngs of fans are just incredible that early in the stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spain has some great crowds... Pamplona and the Running of the Bulls, La Tomatilla, the TdF Pyrenees stages, Ibiza. Love it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I think LA will start/stay strong most of the day and get dropped off the front at some point while the rest of the team then pulls for Contador.

Anyone else think with the ED and hair loss commercials that the ad sales guys are targeting the perfect market...

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say there will be carnage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or the Alberto tren. I wish I knew which.

is that strategy still a viable one with today's doping controls?

Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how many of us would be able to laugh and joke around like Levi Leipheimer just now when sitting at the front of the field in the TdF and pushing the pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was too funny watching the Yellow Jersey going for a pee on the side of a mountain. Great coverage!

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not me!

i wouldn't have even made it that far

In Reply To:
I wonder how many of us would be able to laugh and joke around like Levi Leipheimer just now when sitting at the front of the field in the TdF and pushing the pace.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was some phenomenal descending done by Fabian. Wow.

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leipheimer or Kloeden in yellow today. Just because Astana can do that. You heard it here first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phil Ligget says that Lance has never finished lower than 3rd on the first mountaintop finish...but that was the old Lance before he hit the party circuit for 3 years. He did lose a pile of time on Alberto just on the uphill section at the Monaco ITT. I want Lance to do well for the old guys, but realistically Contador should bury the rest. The only guy who they might let go is Sastre as long as he only takes a few "seconds". On another front, as long as they ride Evans off their wheels, I'll be a happy fan. Or maybe Cadel will actually try to attack for once and win me over.....what a concept.
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [olddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be great to Levi in yellow. Once he gets it he might not give it back!

Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Cadel has an attacking nature. They should call him the "Leach" 'cause he just sucks the wheel of the people ahead of him. I hope he does something to prove me wrong 'cause he seems like a nice guy.

Ken

Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks for Cancellara that as soon as he caught up he had another flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two flats. Astana attacking the yellow jersey when he's down. Sparticus is mad!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 flats for Fabian - sucks for him.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Phil Ligget says that Lance has never finished lower than 3rd on the first mountaintop finish...but that was the old Lance before he hit the party circuit for 3 years. He did lose a pile of time on Alberto just on the uphill section at the Monaco ITT. I want Lance to do well for the old guys, but realistically Contador should bury the rest. The only guy who they might let go is Sastre as long as he only takes a few "seconds". On another front, as long as they ride Evans off their wheels, I'll be a happy fan. Or maybe Cadel will actually try to attack for once and win me over.....what a concept.

Don't underestimate how much time Lance gave away by hammering out of the saddle on the climb in the ITT. I saw Lance's whole TT, but I only saw bits and pieces of Contador's. From what I saw though, Contador looked to remain aero a much higher percentage of the time. These guys go fast enough uphill that aerodynamics really do matter.

6 weeks ago, I didn't think Lance had a shot in hell. I don't feel that same way anymore. I think he will do just fine today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:) Paul Sherwin needs to read more ST. He continues to further the more tire pressure = lower rolling resistence myth. Sometimes he and Phil seem like they have not learned anything new since the 70s.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
:) Paul Sherwin needs to read more ST. He continues to further the more tire pressure = lower rolling resistence myth. Sometimes he and Phil seem like they have not learned anything new since the 70s.

Chad
I heard that too.

Ken

Quote Reply
Re: The official TdF Arcalis stage thread (spoiler) [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey...that's a good point about the "out of the saddle technique"....doesn't hurt you hanging in a group from an aerodynamics perspective but kills you in a TT. You might have nailed the diff right there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i suspect it has more to do with him being physiologically unable to attack.

its not like it takes great courage to pedal as hard as you can.

In Reply To:
I don't think Cadel has an attacking nature. They should call him the "Leach" 'cause he just sucks the wheel of the people ahead of him. I hope he does something to prove me wrong 'cause he seems like a nice guy.

Ken

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply

Prev Next