Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can actually bring your bottle cage back and still have a computer up there. Frederik Van Lierde did this on his P5. He used the Aero Cage Optimizer. I can post pictures later today of his setup if interested!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks candice for the information. I'm still getting used to the bike and transitioning over to it from my P2 (which I still love). I did have the carbon wing for my P2 but since I haven't had much time (because of work), I haven't had time to look into hydration solutions. It would be nice like you suggested if I could put both the water bottle and the Garmin 800 in the same area.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ngl1145 wrote:
Thanks candice for the information. I'm still getting used to the bike and transitioning over to it from my P2 (which I still love). I did have the carbon wing for my P2 but since I haven't had much time (because of work), I haven't had time to look into hydration solutions. It would be nice like you suggested if I could put both the water bottle and the Garmin 800 in the same area.

I bought a mount from SC Nick here on ST that allowed me to mount my garmin right between my aero bars on my P5. Works great. Best solution I've seen to the mounting issue yet. I can take a photo if you want? But if you search you can find his posts and see what he has to offer. I believe the bars are 80mm centers.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice car by the way! Kind of a big car nut :)

Although the Garmin 800 is rather large I think it could still be doable. Let me know if I can be of help in any way on decking out your new P5!

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually looking a few posts back, if I could move my bottle back slightly I could fit my Garmin like this person did. I've been tempted just to leave the Edge 800 on my S2 and simply get a Garmin watch that records info. Thanks for the compliments on the car. I love anything on wheels :)

campled wrote:
Was having a hard time looking down at my Garmin above the stem.
Made a steel bracket to reverse my old set-up.
Now the Garmin is in front of bottle where I can view it anytime without head movement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My aero bars are not very long... so I'm limited on space.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The aerobars look longer in the other picture :) Can definitely do what the other guy did, but as Damon from Cervelo mentioned you will want to reinforce it at the back end. The Aero Cage Optimizer does what the steel plate offers, but supports the bottle cage more. Look forward to seeing how it ends up!

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I set my bottle cage up using only the forward most mount (just 1 cage mounting screw) and haven't had any issues. This leaves the cross bar closest to me (where you would typically put the second cage mounting screw) for my Garmin. In other words, I push my bottle/cage forward 1 hole, use only 1 mounting screw and mount my Garmin behind it (over the 2nd mounting screw hole).[/img][/img][/img][/img]
Last edited by: trithink: Apr 5, 13 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,
Was wondering if you could help me with some part numbers.

1. For the di2 rubber grommets for the frame where the wires exit the internals

2. The bb piece that extends beyond the length of the bb cover. I don't think this is referred to as the cable guide as that is a seperate piece.

Any idea? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zach,

If you need these parts, shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, when I turn the steerer left or right, I can see that the frame is causing some chaffing on the lines. Is there supposed to be something that prevents friction between the lines from the brakes or shifters from the head (aero bar section) into the frame itself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ngl1145, are you using the Aduro bar? While we don't have a specific part for the frame, I have used something like this in the past:

http://jagwire.com/products/v/Tube_Tops

They are pretty handy and will work with any type of housing. The rubber is a much more forgiving surface and can save some paint damage.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice car
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
ngl1145, are you using the Aduro bar? While we don't have a specific part for the frame, I have used something like this in the past:

http://jagwire.com/products/v/Tube_Tops

They are pretty handy and will work with any type of housing. The rubber is a much more forgiving surface and can save some paint damage.

Yes I am using the Aduro bar. Cables are pretty well hidden. I just notice the rubbing when I move the steerer either to the left or right. I think it'll do more damage to the lines than the frame itself. After coming back from my lbs, I noticed my front brakes work very well, but the rear brakes require a little more pressure. Is there an easy way to adjust just for the rear? It's a P5 Six.

Thanks,
Nicholas
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TeamHall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TeamHall wrote:
nice car

Thanks! It's my other favorite thing on wheels. It's a Lotus Evora.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa! Nice car indeed. I don't think that you will have any issues with damage to the housing. It will get marked up a little with any internal bike but the frame couldn't cut through it; especially the hyrdraulic brake housing.

As for your rear brake; does the lever feel more stiff or do you have to pull the lever further to get the brake engaged? If it is just a matter of having to pull the lever further, you could adjust the screw in the front of the lever and that is a very easy adjustment.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,
I threw on my Zipp FC 404's on my P5 yesterday going from aluminum to carbon and changing the brake pads (I actually changed the entire pad holder) was more time consuming than I thought it would be. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on how to expedite this process?
Thanks,
Rick
Last edited by: trithink: Apr 5, 13 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I added the Aero Cage Optimizer today....it seems to be the perfect solution to my front end space issue!

What are your thoughts on the horizontal bottle Speedfil set up? The straw ends up really short. In fact my "turtle' position puts my nose almost on the bottle.

Many thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear the Aero Cage Optimizer fixed your front end space issue!

Well Speedfil is a competitor of ours so I am probably not the best one to ask :) I personally ride with a standard bottle and Torpedo cage. One because of aerodynamics and two I am used to it. If you need a straw though there are a couple good companies out there that have some on the market today and I have a feeling there will be a good one coming out in the next couple months too ;)

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David
I'm about to pick up my 11 speed DI2 P5 Six in a week and just noticed that the crankset on the Cervelo specs is a 52/36. Is this a compact crankset?
I have a size 51 on order.
I currently ride a 53/39 and a 12/25 on a Cervelo P3
Would I notice any real difference or would I be to swap it out to a 53/39?
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Seth
I am about to collect my 51 P5 six in a week or so.
What is the gearing on your crankset?
I normally ride a 53/39 but notice in the Cervelo specs that it is a 52/36
How have you found it? Any problems or issues?
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I built my P5 with a 53/39. Interestingly though I just put a 52/36 on my roadbike. I had gone to a compact on my roadbike in anticipation of some seriously challenging climbing in the French alps. The compact was great in France but I never really needed anything lower than 34/25. On occasion I find myself looking for a bigger gear when I'm in my 50/11 on the roadbike so I thought the 52/36 up front would be a good solution for spinning out on the false flats, while still having an 11-26 cassette would give me a 36-26 "granny gear" for days with 9000ft of climbing ;)

I just installed the new crank on my roadbike and am having to much fun riding the new P5 to get out on the roadbike, so I don't have any practical feedback for you about the 52/36 crankset yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got mine finished last Friday and raced it in a half today for the first time; didn't have a lot of watts but this bike sure put each one to good use! Dave, if you get a chance be sure to thank Jakub next time you see him ;) He was super helpful and always is with our store.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks nice. Curious where you keep flat kit? Bento? Behind saddle in water bottle? Do not carry one?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did not carry one. For a race in ~2 weeks I'll figure out a way to wedge tube/lever/co2 on top of the Xlab metal thingie on the back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next