Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious how people are attaching water bottle between arms. With the cervelo attachment I don't have room for garmin. Currently using back screw with a zip tie through. The front hole to hold cage. The zip tie broke on first ride. Maybe an old zip tie. Maybe not strong enough. Any other ideas?
Anyone post pictures with the cadence sensor and double sided tape?
Overall happy after 2 25 mile rides once I have the hydration thing fixed should be good to go
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew you were holding out on me! The bike looks great. Love the ST water bottles! The front one appears Purist.

Front end hydration is still something I am trying to figure out with the bar configuration and Garmin placement. Are you using a Garmin? If so where do you mount it? Doe sit make any sense to turn the front bottle around to make room between in extensions and in front of the bottle? Any other ideas?
]

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I normally just tape PM magnets onto the frame, i.e. just stick normal single sided tape over it. There is often room for an extra magnet on top of the tape, which is held on by the magnetic force. I've never had a magnet fall off when attached this way, with plenty of length of tape either side of the magnet, but I have had them fall off with double sided tape, even when I also put some glue on the magnet side of the tape.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This works for me and it may work for you. I use two magnets one inside the frame the other outside. They attract each other and have never lost one. A little epoxy on the inside one may help.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are both Purist ones, the other one just had the wrong lid on. I have messed with a Profile stub mount for the Garmin, but that is not perfect for the large 800. I am not stressed about it though as my Quarq power meter is currently on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Flat Tire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious what kind of deals people are getting on their P5's? Is everyone paying full price or are LBS cutting deals?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Quamen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a small discount on mine (5%), but that's about the only deal to be had it seems. At least around here. Every little bit helps though. Not sure how true it is, but my LBS says that Cervelo is tighter with pricing on the P5 than some of the other models.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quamen wrote:
Just curious what kind of deals people are getting on their P5's? Is everyone paying full price or are LBS cutting deals?

15% deal, after I dropped more money on a saddle, pedals, wheels, case, hydration, etc... At the end of the day, still spent over $15,000. Give it can be cold, wet and slow for them, I probably helped with that month's salary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Deal on bikes. I ordered and waited so hard to expect them to cut the price with high demand. My shop has loaned me a travel case for several months and done some repair/service on bikes and wheels for free. The fittings and refitting with time have also always been grad-us. I do occasionally tip with beer and buy accessories there too. I do order somethings on line as the shop I like is a bit of a drive but don't mind keeping them solvent so they can keep me riding.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with $2000 down and waiting almost a year, I will loose money no matter what.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep hearing all these horror stories about people not getting their P5s! I walked into my LBS, saw they had a P5-Six size 54 frame setup with wheels (nothing else), and said "I want that, put on 7900 Di2". Was fitted over the next few days (had to cut saddle post, aero bars), then they finished it up for me. Given I bought it in Canada, then flew it back to Sweden (which finally has it now, albeit significantly more expensive).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm not a P5 fan, but my local bike shop has like three on the floor and apparently several more hanging ready to be built. Why are domestic people still waiting?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because a size 48 has been vapor ware for 2 yrs!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case any of you are interested in hearing from one of the designers responsible for the aerodynamic design of the P5, we are hosting a live chat with Cervelo's aerodynamicist Ivan Sidorovich at 1:30 EST today:

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/...ist-ivan-sidorovich/

Dan or Jordan, please let me know if this is inappropriate posting.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for their feedback. I am assuming that if I go into my LBS with all cash something should be worked out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the P5 since the end of January '13. The weather in NY prevented me from getting in much outdoor ride time for the first few weeks and those few occasions when I did I was somewhat frustrated and disappointed. I felt I was slower than I was on my P2 (even with the extra drag of winter gear), but after 2 months with many position/set-up tweaks I feel I'm dialed in and am clearly experiencing the speed advantages. The P5 is also extremely comfortable; I can't wait to ditch the extra clothes and really put it to the test.

BTW, if anyone is on the fence about power for the P5 SRAM Red, I can't recommend the Quarq Red enough. I know it's a little heavier than the Elsa, but it's shifting is flawless. It's noticeably better than the stock 3D+ crank with the TT rings. It's the best mechanical shifting I've ever experienced.

I like this bike more with every ride!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just transitioned myself from a P2 to a P5 and am still getting used to the bike. I actually plan to bring it with me this weekend to NYC to take it for a few laps around central park. :) Just as you had mentioned, I almost felt slightly slower on my P5 than the P2.... it just takes getting used to. I've used the P2 for the last 2 years so you get used to it. Hopefully I can dial everything in with the P5. Loving it so far.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are owners doing for TRAVELLING with their P5s? What are the bike box choices that are going to make life easy while protecting our investment?

I have a P5-Six, and have yet to travel with it. I don't think my IronCase that I have used (very successfully - zero damage to date) with my R3SL and P3 is going to cut it with the P5, especially given what appears to be some sort of magic act to get the front end disassembled. I'm looking at the TriAll3 cases, and wondering if the VeloSafe Pro Series Custom Road would work. I will call them when I get a chance, but looking for input from other riders. http://triall3.com/...osf_cust_road_fs.jpg

These are the Cervelo P5 travel instructions. I'm an engineer. I'm comfy with tools. I fix my own bikes. This is ... more than I care to do to travel with my bike:

Travelling with a P5
• Remove the front brake from the fork. The removal of the front brake cover is not necessary.
• Loosen the stem pinch bolts with a 4mm Allen wrench
• Remove the high mount or the top cover if using the low mount of the 3T Aduro Aerobar.
• Remove the top cap and drop the fork out of the frame.
• Remove headset parts and place aside.
• Remove the beard from the fairing mount.
• Remove the rear derailleur, leaving the e-wire connected.
• Lay the bike frame & fork into the case.
• Put protective padding between the frame and the aerobar to prevent damage during transportation.
• Wrap protective padding around exposed parts of the frame, rear derailleur, crankset, and fork to prevent transportation damage.
• Place any loose parts (headset, bolts, etc) in a small bag. It is advisable to secure the small parts bag so it doesn’t move around and cause potential damage.
• Cover the frame and components with foam or other sufficient padding.
• Remove the skewers from the wheels and attach them to the spokes.
• Cover the frame and components with foam or other sufficient padding.
• Tighten down the straps and put the cover on the case.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Doug,

GREAT question! I'm curious what other P5 riders have used for travel cases too. FWIW, we've traveled using Serfas cases.

As far as the list of instructions, I agree it is a little intimidating, but it's pretty standard stuff except you also drop the fork out. Several of those list items are simply detailing that. Once you've done it a few times it's very simple. A few more bolts, thus a few more minutes yes, but nothing especially difficult.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,

I just travelled with my P5-6 and did not drop the fork out. I had enough cable I guess to lift the aduro bar off the stem and fold it down. This was with a TRICO box but I did just order aerotech Evolution hard case and I will give that a review once I have it. I ordered the new box because I just do not trust TSA anymore. They just throw stuff back in the box any old way and jump on it I think to get it closed. I know have a nice little dent in my Zipp disc. On the return trip they even folded one of the hard plastic corners on the box getting it back together.

Carl

BTW Still having a blast on the thing. Looking forward to seeing how fast it is at IMTX.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone travelled with a P5 6 and an EVOC bag? You can't drop the fork with that bag.

I am guessing the answer depends on how much excess cable one has.

http://www.speedtheory.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've got a quick video in the works for it. It won't be production quality, but it really isn't that bad. We use the Aerus BioSpeed soft cases. I might get a Ruster Sports case soon to try out. Once you've packed it, it really isn't that much more involved than some other bikes or cases.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What zipp disc are current P5 users running ?. Any word from Cervelo as to which wheel tested out best with the frame. I am currently running 808 FC's and thinking upgrading to a disc.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [slalomdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New wheels

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice!!

Candice Turner
CEO