Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with davhamm- I was pretty intrigued at first, but now don't really care..

nice try with the b-grade marketing tactics tom d and 'super dave'..
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [garlicbreath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on board with the "jumped the shark" sentiment. At first, I was intrigued and excited to get a look at it. Now I"m just annoyed at the childish coyness. "Oh, we'll let people ride it at a public race, but if you're not fortunate enough to be there, too bad! Hahah, sucks for you."

Seriously, what the hell is the point of that?
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the posters above me, I've since lost all interest in the B2 carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am ready for this thread to die off or see some pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The backlash has begun...

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Shawn-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, somewhat comical. Like I have anything to do with the orchestration of the release of the bicycle. Every detail is handled by the marketing department, testing is handled by PD, and I'm in sales, so I couldn't be further down the list. I can handle the backlash from ST much easier than the backlash from my boss if I don't follow the planned release. Eurobikes starts in a couple days in Germany, I'd be shocked if we made it though that without photos reaching the internet. Incidently, I haven't seen the new Kuota, Cervelo, Orbea, or Javelin TT bikes either.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Congratulations on your win at an Iron Kids event. The great thing about riding one of the most aerodynamic bikes on the planet is that you might be able to keep up with us.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [ESmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That joke's in poor taste, we'll have pictures by the end of the week with Eurobike.

PATIENCE..
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Bed4d SL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in the new Triathlete mag, Page 32. Sweeeeeeeettt

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Bed4d SL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ridiculous yes...poor taste? I don't think you realize how badly we get crushed when riding with SuperDave.
Last edited by: ESmart: Aug 28, 06 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [bikeracerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scan it and post it already!!!!

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scan it and post it!
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must not have it then ...........

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys I am at work and don't have a scanner here. It is actually on page 32 and an add for it on page 34-35. Maybe SuperDave can now put a pic. up since it is in Triathlete.....

Brian Hughes
http://www.fastsplits.com
Last edited by: bikeracerx: Aug 28, 06 10:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can handle the backlash from ST much easier than the backlash from my boss if I don't follow the planned release.

Marketing and Sales in a world where information can spread immediately clearly presents challenges for any business.

Customers (us on ST, included) now have greater expectation for speed of information. The challenge is how to roll new products out on a timeline that your organization has already established when you a concurently doing testing, development work, etc. I guess your boss has a new product roll out plan that includes the upcoming trade shows in Europe and Las Vegas.

This marketing plan is most likely not unlike any new automotive company's new model release program. In the automotive world the some of the customers (automotive websites, automotive magazines, etc) PAY money for spy photos of new models.

So the question is how many of us on Slowtwitch would pay for spy photos on new bikes. Not sure this is in Slowman's budget.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, such understanding of the other side of the coin is unheard of on ST. You are correct in many of your points as the global release of the product is not worthless.

Regards,

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The absurdity of this situation, however, is that their not keeping the bike under wraps until it can be launched at a particular event, like Interbike, Eurobikes, or even a Triathlete mag article. If that was the case, I could understand it. You want to hype the event and make it a big deal while dropping teasers to get people interested. In this case it's being raced already, so this silliness of "Oh, I can't post a picture of a bike I rode at a well-populated race" is just dumb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn... I did not finish my post before I hit Post.

Which was now that the photo is in Triathete mag, what is the point of "I've got a secret."

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just walked across the street to the bookstore and they still have last month's issue on stands. Damn.

Someone just scan this pic and post. Super Dave, if it is in the magazine can't you give us a pic?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is - apologies to SuperDave and Triathlete Mag. I would have scanned the 2-page spread but that is a pain in the ass on this scanner.

See trinity's post below for a cleaner shot.

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Last edited by: jsargevt: Aug 28, 06 13:52
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [jsargevt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pic. But count me as unimpressed.

It's got the silly front wheel cutout like the Look. I think BMC is the only one to effectively pull that off.

I see Zipp has found a way to actually make the decals larger? Who knew that was even possible ;-)

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pic.

Interesting that the bottom bracket appears to be above the seat tube, chainstay, down tube junction.

Hidden Rear brake looks well done.

Cool bike. Something that will have to be seen in person for full effect (like most bikes)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is interesting that they put the waterbottle mount on the seatube and not the downtube.

opposite of the P2C
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone hear any pricing on this, I am ready to lay down my cash to get in line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next