Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [trifolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got every '06 model in stock, what size do you need?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: trifolk: Aug 23, 06 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When these unseen bikes come out, how long until they will be arriving in our LBS?

By the way, this suspense has got to be good for business...bad for us, good for you guys...

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Last edited by: irontrev: Aug 14, 06 23:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]The teaser images are just that, teasers. Mostly line drawings of the frame concepts. The production photos were not used. The fork on the B2 changed a little from the drawing, we made an upspec since then.

When are you coming for a visit? We can roll out the bikes finally and had lots of reps get out on test rides of the new Z and Equilink equipped bikes.[/reply]

Ahhh, got it - that makes sense then on the lack of a "full description."

I'll sneak up there Wed or Thu - I'm not in the shop tomorrow. I did cut a 'cross course in esmart's neck of the woods, but it's a work in progress. Maybe we can throw eggs at his pad on every lap.

Concerning the post about the inability of getting bikes, that's simply not true. As a new shop owner I can attest that Felt is the most responsive bike company I deal with on a daily basis, and I'm happy to report I deal with them every single day since I'm selling their bikes left and right. I'm lucky enough to be a few minutes away from Felt's "Worldwide International Headquarters" so I realize that helps, but more often than not, bikes are in stock. At this time of year, certain sizes in certain models are not available, but that's hardly an issue exclusive to Felt. This company has really stepped up to the plate with my new shop, and recognized how difficult it can be for a new shop owner with a rapidly growing store to forecast future sales. I didn't start with Felt in the store, but bringing them on board has been the single best decision I've made since opening.

Having said this, Dave, you owe me big for a certain customer who wandered into the store recently - that was quite the, umm, experience.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Dave. Based on your hands-on experience with the prototype track bike pictured in AR's posting, did you decide to go with the garage-proof break-away seatpost on the 2007 model?

-Marc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave...

You've dropped some pretty hefty hints. Thanks... I am starting to get a picture of what to expect, but in all seriousness - are you planning a roll out soon and if so when?

A pic would be great, but let me ask the logical follow on questions once Felt finally does release their new Uber-Bike. What are the (ballpark) price and availability?

Why I ask: I ride 2 Felts now (F35r and S22) and will probably be picking up a F1x this fall. I've obviously been pretty pleased with everything that's come out of your shop and am in the process of shopping for my next tri bike. If I can pick up the B2C (or whatever you decide to call it) in time to train and race Ironman CdA next June then I may hold off dropping kilo-bucks on a competitor.

thanks

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [trifolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps that was Felt 2003, but Felt 2006 is a different animal.

Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you buy the new Felt you won't need to train, it'll be self propelled.

A savvy searcher can find some images, the global launch is well orchestrated and won't come from some company peeon with enough time to post on an internet forum.

It'll be worth the wait. Aside from that promise, your Felt retailers can provide more insight that I can publically right now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Self propelled, well that sucks it is no longer legal to race, no reason to buy it and I had already given my CC# to esmart to get production #00001. Just my luck.

"Here's to the finely tuned athlete on the verge of greatness"-Romeo, Tin Cup
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [trirakita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I maxed that CC out last week. But I did get receipts and IOUs which are as good as money in the bank. That one is a car...you might want to hold on to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a search and found some stuff about the Da Vinci Code. This is getting weird.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wonder if this move to carbon really pains poor Jim Felt given his Easton background. Guess he held out as long as possible before the carbon onslaught overtook him.

Funny how we all get squirmy and excited about a cf version of the B2. Is it suddenly going to be more than 2% faster than the AL version?
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< Is it suddenly going to be more than 2% faster than the AL version? >>

I'd be surpised if it was more than 0.02% faster than the AL B2. If at all...

I've passed a lotta CF wunderbikes on my boring 'old' B2. So either all those people are also running Tufos, and have sail-like positions (cuz mine is certainly not Bjorn-like, by any means), or, perhaps the P3C's, P2C's, Kaliburs, TTX's, et al just aren't actually any faster in and of themselves than any other decent tri bike out there.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL... one of the great pleasures in life is rolling past a $5000+ wonderbike on my aluminium S22, giving a smile and saying "looking good".

That being said... I want a CF wunderbike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave,

I'm not sure what you are feeding Sean but after I hit him over the head to try to steal the picture of the new...uh...bike...he just stood there and looked at me like nothing happened. This release is so well orchestrated that even your reps are bullet proof right now. Great job! And, uh, I didn't see a thing...but I sure like the spy photos....

Ladera Cyclery...Gone but not forgotten..
F.I.S.T. Certified, UBI Trained Mechanic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have nothing to add...just didn't want all this tomfoolery to go to waste by falling off the 1st page.

Come on SD...for all of us that can't go to Interbike, throw us a FREAKING BONE please!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [tri.bassett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here here.. I got the F2 Team Issue right after xmas as well, and love the thing. Fit me like a glove, right off the rack. I'm dying to see the carbon TT bike. It will certainly be on the short list to replace my QR Caliente...

gbassett.com
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK. I've seen the photo of the new Felt carbon fiber triathlon bike.

The only thing I am allowed to say is that Felt is introducing a carbon fiber triathlon bike.

Beyond that, I'm constrained by operational security.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tool!
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man, at least you know it isn't a rumor. FWIW, I am busting at the seams wanting to say more.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this may be a bummer to you guys but, no. ive seen a drawing of it and it is sick. it has rear AND front wheel cut-outs. i work a a felt dealer and felt sent a round a packet of their new stuff (a womens line, FSR mounatin bikes and the carbon b2)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I'm just pissed off that I just bought a new bike and that only happens ever 4 years.

Just bought a P2c, a great bike, but that bike would have made my short list.

Let me guess what the bike looks like... hmm, flat black?
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I can say this: I bought one today.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, but when do you get it?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Felt B2 Carbon (photo)? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Later....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next