Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike. Near the top you mention he is running a 10-33 cassette but later on you have 12-33. Guessing it is the latter. Did he say how many teeth his crankset has? The extensions look kind of wide/far apart, but it could just be the angle of the pic

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is 10-33 according to Kyle. My typo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very slick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So all the bells and whistles and looks amazing....but then, wait for it...you still have to mount the junction on top of the stem with all the wires exposed, what a disaster. And didn't even think of fixing the giant gap up front, SMH...next
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:
So all the bells and whistles and looks amazing....but then, wait for it...you still have to mount the junction on top of the stem with all the wires exposed, what a disaster. And didn't even think of fixing the giant gap up front, SMH...next

Those Red Monarch bars have a space to hide the Di2 junction box. Not sure why Kyle chose not to use it. So don't blame Dimond for that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Diamondback tt bike, just without a seat tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:

No...you don’t have to mount a di2 junction box there...but that is a blip box...he is running SRAM...so maybe read a little harder while you are waiting for it... those bars Dimond offers has a spot built in to fit a Shimano bar end junction box..

That being said... I’d argue that those wires and box where they are currently would not be Noticeably different in your speed versus if you had them hidden...that bar is a mono post and it’s pretty much hidden from the front irregardless...
Last edited by: zooropa: Jul 29, 20 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the idea behind the D2Z and other extensions saving power by integrating with your arm, but they seem a LOT narrower than the Anemone and the "custom" hour record style extensions you often see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is an internal Shimano A-Junction flush mount option for the Red Crown Monarch Bar but Kyle is running SRAM AXS and the Blip Box must be external to communicate with the shifters. Zipp does make some extensions where you don't need an external blip box, but that is currently the only option.

TJ

Cheers,

TJ Tollakson
http://www.tollakson.com
CEO: http://www.rustersports.com and http://www.dimondbikes.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome.

But his saddle arrangement?
Kinda puzzling ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jul 29, 20 12:39
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks amazing... I love the purist spirit of a x1... Simplifying tt bikes is the way forward

A bit more yellow for the full mustang fighter plane color way?

Without drinkbottle cages it looks ready for a prologue... Or is going cameback?

Is that foil rail at the bb of the frame a bumper or does it drive airflow to the bb for cooling at max power outputs?

I like the hidden storage potential
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Looks awesome.

But his saddle arrangement?
Kinda puzzling ...

Clamp should be more centered on the rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is one of my favorite Dimond paint jobs. I wish SRAM made that crank 2x.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my favorite Dimond paint job. So loud. Like riding a Lego bike. Which is awesome.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily. Clamp back and seat forward more flex in the seat with longer rails when your'e sitting on the nose. It's subtle things with the seat can make all the difference in comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Dimond Mogul of Kyle Buckingham [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some. And while they are narrower they are more comfortable than normal round bars that you can't rest your forearms on and they are $1000's cheaper.
Quote Reply