Login required to post replies

The heroes of the week end
Quote | Reply
in a very biased order

1. Olaf Sabatschus who takes his first IM win in Brazil with an 8h19'

2. Benny VanStaelent who wins his 4th world title and 2 gzillionth race

3. Damiano Cunego who wins the Giro at 22 only

4. Petacchi who wins his 9th stage in the Giro 2004

5. Michael Schumacher who wins his 76th grand prix (and kills any suspense for the title 2004)
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They may be the heroes for the weekend, but I am the asshole of the entire week.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, were you nominated for this award? OR, is it something more akin to being "Knighted"? That's Sir A-Hole to all you commoners...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I presume this a (long overdue) title I have earned through hard work and long hours. Therefore, I wear it as a permanent badge of honor.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I'll bite.
Out of those listed I think the biggest news is:
1. petacchi
2. cunego - although this should be number 1 but petacchi seems to have gotten more accolades than cunego
3. Benny V - Possibly more World Championships won than any other current multisport athlete.
4.Olaf S.
5. Schumacher. the man can not only flat out drive but has the best backing, technology and team in F1.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"5. Schumacher. the man can not only flat out drive but has the best backing, technology and team in F1. "

Yeah. I know but I'm still planning on taking in the Canadian GP F1 race in Montreal in a couple of weeks. The race will be a yawner but the Montreal venue is considered the second best only to Monaco on the GP circuit. It'll be a fun weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back from emceeing our Memorial Day program at Church - all veterans are my "heroes of the weekend!" Many thanks to all veterans for our freedom - we will never forget you.

Happy Memorial Day!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the worst case, you can go to the artificial beach on the island :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"you can go to the artificial beach"

Sounds like been to the race before eh Francois?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh Cerveloguy..wish I could be sitting in the stands in Montreal in two weeks...thats a race on my list to go see, along with Monaco.. No USGP for me this year as the June 20th date conflicts with me being in the scorched wind blown plains of Texas for the Buffalo springs half IM. As I finish the run Ill be cussing myself thinking I oculd be sitting in the stands right now drinking a cold Fosters and listening to the beautiful sounds of F1 v-10's at 19,000 RPMS. With my binoculars focussed in on some great looking pitbabe.

M Schumacher 6

Rest of World 1
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll probably be making a trip to GP Oz next year too. I've been before, so I'm hoping Ferrari will not be dominant next year. It's getting a little boring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add:

6. Gordo Byrn, who won the DeSoto Triple T Triathlon in the individual category, taking each successive stage along the way.

Aeromon (Aerobic Monster) - Pokomon's evil endurance junkie twin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to disagree with you guys but I have to say that the hero's for this week would be the soldiors that have died in the past conflicts who gave up their lives for us to do all the things enjoy. It is great to see athletes in our sport go fast or achieve whatever goals they set out for themselves, but if you look at the big picture I find it hard to label them as Hero's. But that is just my opinion. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [tifreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude,

of course they are not heroes compared to the soldiers...that was just to be on topic for once...

then again, mothers having 3 kids, a job a husband to take care of are also the heroes, so are the people working to help sick people in Africa, etc...

the aim of the post was not to take it to the first degree...

Besides, ethymologically, you are a hero only if one of your parents is a god.
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [tifreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because someone has died in battle does not automatically make him/her a hero, though surely some are. I've got to have a little more info than that. Personally, there are very, very few people on whom I would use that label, at least in the literal sense. Francois was cleary speaking of athletes, with the exception of the racecar guy Wink, more specifically, endurance athletes or he might have included KG's "heroic" performance against the Lakers.
Quote Reply
Re: The heroes of the week end [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, Michael Schumacher is a very good bike rider!
Quote Reply