Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Seinfeld Thread. . .
Quote | Reply
This is a thread about NOTHING. . . Feel free to talk things about which no one will EVER agree on. . .PCs, Iraq, Bush, TNT, Draft-Legal Racing, Tubulars/Clinchers, etc. Actually. . .don't post anything. Nobody is listening anyway. This is a thread about NOTHING.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot express to you the degree to which I despise that utterly devoid, completely awful and entirely uncreative show.

I loath that program. It, along with Friends and Sex in the City, represent a microcosm of everything wrong with TV and our society.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so tribriguy...you uhhh..gonna eat that sandwich...whoa
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay Tom (I totally agree btw) I'll bite...when and if you watch tv..what do you like to watch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in defense of "friends":

i also hate that show. very much. you're right, there's something wrong with television and society as a whole when show after show after show follow the following plot:

misunderstanding...confusion...hilarity ensues

still, there is something to be said for "friends", which is this: it's mindless! you can just turn your brain off for half an hour, laugh at stupidity, and lust after jennifer aniston. what's wrong with a little entertainment and relaxation?

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm kind of a documentary guy. I like movies too. And news. If it is real, I like to watch it. I like that show where those guys build motorcycles and argue all the time. It's like here.

-Saw a National Geographic documentary on the nomadic, aquatic Mokin people of Myanmar last night. Fascinating.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jennifer Anniston is pretty.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so no sitcoms or docudramas for you then? I was hoping you'd at least be a Buffy or a CSI guy. The bubble has been burst. Hey, got to meet Fleck this yesterday at a local du. Cool guy who is still in some serious looking shape..for a self admitted retired old triguy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, man, you need some Zoloft. . .or some serious circus sex. Your misanthropy is feeding your autophobia some serious mind altering substances dude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, if you like documentaries, if you saw any of these, what did you think of 'Roger and Me', 'The Big One', 'Bowling for Columbine', and 'Supersize Me'?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also, what exactly is "circus" sex? with animals?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anywho, I was riding my bike the other day when this guy runs into me and guess what? He didn't have any running or biking insurance so the judge sentenced him to be my coach. My friend Jim wanted to borrow him but I said "He's my coach!!!" Then my other friend Eraine wanted to date him but that was out of the question cuz he shaveded his legs and people thought he was gay. She explained to me that gay men don't shave their legs and we debated on that for a few weeks. She decided to try to get him to change teams but he was too familiar with the equimpent.

It turns out that he has very flat feet and runs barefoot everywhere, that caused some problems when he went to Miejer and couldn't buy my any powerbars. So I had him try to make a monocote disk to make me faster but he explained to me that all I needed was a set of zipps. I thought he was talking about shoes and quickly went to K-smart and got some (you know having flat feet) for about $10 cuz you know those shoe stores are ripping us off with those high priced motion control moon boots.

Then he suggests a new bike but can't make up his mind if it should be carbon, aluminum, steel or whatnot. He is also confused about wheel size. 650 or 700. Well higher should be better he thinks and orders them in a clincher. I get all upset about the fact that clinchers are training wheels and he says that they spin slower so it doesn't make any difference.

Do you want more?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an avid viewer of the Cirque de Soleil, I would imagine those folks could help you with a good definition of "circus" sex. No animals required. Unless we're talking about HM Bunnyman or Ze Gopha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is also a mooseshelby on here too

and a kentiger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I disagree(at least about the Zoloft bit. It's not for me to judge who needs curcus sex.) Tom will be fine as long as he focuses his anger and uses it for good, rather than evil.

He could ignite the next cycling fad, such as cycling in your wetsuit to both reduce transition times and make you more aero.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once attended a costume party with a girl I was dating dressed as characters in Cirque de Soleil. It was humiliating. It was not halloween, and she forced me to go in a party store dressed like that to buy a bottle of wine (which I don't even drink) for the party.

However, after the party we had our own version of Cirque de Soleil at her apartment. It was worth a little humiliation. most entertaining.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tmi man tmi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well thank god. finally something positive re: women and mr. demmerly. it was looking very bleak for a moment there...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then again, it is in keeping with the NOTHING topic. . .as in NOTHING is happening there. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>>I loath that program. It, along with Friends and Sex in the City, represent a microcosm of everything wrong with TV and our society. Give me a break, Tom.

Uncreative?? That's a false statement if ever I've heard one.

Seinfeld was a good show. So was Sex in the City.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, that motorcycle building show is American Chopper on the Discovery Channel. Actually, one of my favorites. I understand they are building a motorcycle and putting Powercranks on it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not care for either one.

Seinfeld is trite and stupid and the characters are absurd. The writing is poor IMO.

Sex in the City is so pretentious. I saw a commercial featuring the female characters- I didn't find any of them sexy or alluring. Just whiny and pretentious.

One of the characters in Sex in the City said,

"I've been dating for 15 years, where is he???" The answer is: You're ugly, skinny, self-important, whiny, pretentious and a harsh charicature of yourself- that is why you are still dating with no success..."

The female chracters in that show are utterly undesireable.

It should be called "Whiny, selfish, self-important, unattractive, over the hill desperate women in the city."

The show has body odor.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never really watched the show but I always thought Kim Cattrall was kinda sexy..for someone old enough to be my mom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best shows on TV(fiction -based)
  • The Wire
  • Deadwood - my current fave; anyone else watching this one?
  • The Sopranos
  • Southpark

I don't think I watch anything at all on network television.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, you know a show I remember I really liked- and I am not kidding here I am totally serious- I really thought The Waltons was a gem of television writing and production. I loved that show. Maybe becasue it was written from the perspective of John boy Walton, who was trying to develop as a writer- but I loved the family, the chracters, the house, the setting, the writing, the stories- I loved that show.

I doubt a similar show would sell any commercials now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next