Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary
Quote | Reply
For those of us at home, this day on ST is like the Superbowl. Its when all the hype, smack and year of techie and training talk comes together on the blacktop of the QueenK. We've seen Monty's 3 part Series on what Kona was like in 1981, and he is threatening to sit back and be posting all day as part of the online coverage.

With his unique insight on this race, he deserves the Phil Ligget designation today. The guy we look to during the day, for the ultimate quotes that bring the race on our screen to life.

So Monty, when you get up, post your ramblings here, and the rest of us can pipe in on why Macca will blow, not blow, why Norman will/won't win because his lead into T2 is only 9:59 and not 10 minutes and perhaps why some guy like Rutger Beke is suddenly in winning position because the above mentioned guys shredded the legs off each other too early in the race ;-)

Should be a fun day. Just so I don't have too much energy and go into a posting surge early today and bonk halfway through the marathon, I'm going to take the edge off things for myself and hit the trails for a longer run and a trainer ride and then "gasp" weights!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, do you think the internet coverage will work this year?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm up here in Ca, and it would be my pleasure to be the blow hard for the day..The coverage better work, or else I'm out of here. Last year was the first good year, but every other Ironman race was really lame, usually with a stationary camera in the transition area. Let's keep our fingers crossed.. Putting the coffee on now....
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I agree. I have lots of honey do things on my list to do today. :o(

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normally IMH has good coverage...the last 2 years were pretty good I think.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honey-do!?! It's a holiday! Ironman day! It's Eid al-Fitr, the end of Ramadan! Only a week after the Canadian Thanksgiving! In Burundi it is Rwagasore Day- everything is closed for the day! Tell your wife you are celebrating Rwagasore Day in honor of Burundi.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have been looking forward to this day for almost a year. The funny thing is, other then the people i know threw ST, i don't know a single other person who has done the same.

Quote | Reply
She might not let me race tomorrow though.

The last couple of IM races I have tried to watch, would never connect. Maybe it does not like
my Vista OS. Will see if a few minutes.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply
where IS the internet coverage?? I can't find a link to the video on the ironman website...HELP :)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It said does not start until 8 pst, so another 5 minutes we shall see

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should be up in a few minutes

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not up yet. should be live any minute now actually.

Quote | Reply
Thanks!...ouff, I was getting worried ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. I was embarrassed to post and ask figuring it should have been right in front of my face.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [dustdevil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's the computer-marking line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you see they are going to have live biometric data for some people today?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not even see a link for a live feed yet

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm all ready for the show to start - fridge full of food and drink. I'll probably end up consuming more kcal's than the competitors.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's up on the front page...so far the quality is great.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Dave
nothing is going on anyway, it is only 5am

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://2peak.com/...kona_2007/hawaii.php

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Dave
just went live

Quote | Reply
Nice. Just got a shot of Greg picking his nose.

Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I hope that GPS works. Cool feature!

Proud Member of the Guru Cartel, EH?
Quote Reply

Prev Next