Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...)
Quote | Reply
...and he's running 7 min miles or thereabouts. The tracker estimates he'll run a 3;19, but that probably translates to a 3:30...oh can I also vent that I hate this stupid tracker. Where is he in the 30-34 age group in terms of position. Anyone on the ground there know if he gets the motorcade, or if he's doing his own thing?.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 28, 18 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, the Prince outbiked Ultraman World Champ Rob Gray (4:33)!!!! Rob's not going to hear the end of that!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Damn, the Prince outbiked Ultraman World Champ Rob Gray (4:33)!!!! Rob's not going to hear the end of that!!!

Probably because Rob was full of cake!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And he’s in 18th place in his AG. Bike course appears to be very short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Rob also appeared to have stopped for about 8 minutes. I'm thinking flat tire.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To eliminate all possibilities let's get a blood/urine sample. Just kidding! Seems like a badass! If no drafting from MACCA or other shady shit all props to the man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go to leaders and tap on the ag.

You can scroll back on splits and see where people fade or move up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, who are we talking about here?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Rob also appeared to have stopped for about 8 minutes. I'm thinking flat tire.

Maybe Rob stopped for black forest cake and icrecream. He probably figured that he is burning away too many fat stores for Ultraman Kona and decided to top up now so as not to bonk while running the double marathon and pulling past Waikaloa at mile 42 or so!!!

Hey I might be over to Boulder soon for some fat loading with Rob and some rowing tips and a set of 10,000m IM as I am closing a deal with a Boulder based partner company for my startup (seriously, it's a fluke they are in Boulder, this is not by design).

OK back to the regular programming about the Prince. We can't get this thread too off track talking about "fat" ultraman guys!
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's the prince of Bahrain, but I'm really not positive.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
I think it's the prince of Bahrain, but I'm really not positive.

Yes, Prince Nasser Khalifa not Prince Harry burning down the house partying in Vegas.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 28, 18 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

this guy:

https://worldwithouttorture.org/...rain-torture-people/
Last edited by: DBF: Apr 28, 18 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
To eliminate all possibilities let's get a blood/urine sample. Just kidding! Seems like a badass! If no drafting from MACCA or other shady shit all props to the man.

Yeah I’d like to see some drug testing on him from now until Kona at random times.

Not calling him a drug cheat. Just saying let’s eliminate those thoughts and comments with proof.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The whole entourage is very annoying!! With all there vehicles and they think they can just go where ever they want. Should be a great time in Kona with that there. Can’t even KQ the right way!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had his own bike lead on the run. I didn’t see him on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not when I ran with him. He was all alone for the 2 or so miles we ran near each other.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Not when I ran with him. He was all alone for the 2 or so miles we ran near each other.

OK, I see what was happening. He signed up an EMJ White guy from Texas to be his undercover body guard. Did you have to beat up on anyone to protect him with your massive pencil neck FOP tri guy body????
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Forget about the drafting discussion, if the information is in this link is true, this guy is a total shithead.
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
competing with an entourage and drafting a moto is the least worst thing this guy has done. Research some UN human rights reports on Bahrain and what The Prince's Royal Guard has done to civilians. Surprised he is even allowed in the US....considering what others on that TV show are turned away for.
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really don't think a thread on slowtwitch celebrating a guy who has jailed and tortured his country's athletes for advocating for democracy just because he's a better than average age grouper is the best use of this platform...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

why are we celebrating the scandalous chain of decisions that allow this person to be participating in our sport in the USA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not? It needs to be pointed out he sponsors and the athletes (the best in the world) choose to take money from this guy and his country. He's there boss. I don't see anyone having a go at the athletes who have no moral dilemma taking money from the guy so why is the Slowtwitch forum up in arms?
https://bahrainendurance13.com/athletes
Last edited by: Shambolic: Apr 29, 18 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: The Prince is Hauling Ass at IM Texas (1:03 swim, 4:30 bike...) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Why not? It needs to be pointed out he sponsors and the athletes (the best in the world) choose to take money from this guy and his country. He's there boss. I don't see anyone having a go at the athletes who have no moral dilemma taking money from the guy so why is the Slowtwitch forum up in arms?

If the purpose of the thread was to shine a light on the ability of athletes to turn a blind eye to torture, despotism and tyranny as long as they are given a little bit of money, sure that would be a good thread. But I got the sense that the point of the thread was simply to marvel at the prowess of the "prince" as he drafts his SUV's down the highway on his way to an 18th place age group finish. And I bet there is no chance this guy ever gets drug tested.

So... I think we agree. Right?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I can't say we do. I was pretty impressed for a prince to be going better than myself and most expected. I'm impressed with his time. Funny he must be a drug cheat and is exempt to the rules. Probably true but do you know that for a fact?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

If the purpose of the thread was to shine a light on the ability of athletes to turn a blind eye to torture, despotism and tyranny as long as they are given a little bit of money, sure that would be a good thread. But I got the sense that the point of the thread was simply to marvel at the prowess of the "prince" as he drafts his SUV's down the highway on his way to an 18th place age group finish. And I bet there is no chance this guy ever gets drug tested.

So... I think we agree. Right?

Ed, I started this thread mainly so that we can get first hand reports from people on course about how the Prince got his fast bike time.

Hey, putting aside the torture part, (there are plenty of athletes who are really really bad people outside of their sports persona, so it's a slippery slop in terms of calling out bad guys in a sporting discussion), I think the guy's swim and run times are solid age grouper times, but I don't know if the fast runs he has are assisted by said motorcades, but at some level if you run a 1:28 half marathon off a half IM swim and even a drafting bike, the run is still the run. Most people on ST cannot run an open 1:28 half marathon anyway.

In any cae, its easier at a US based race to get first hand reports and I think in the case of IM Texas the Prince's motorcade may be no worse than anything else going on duringn the race....and here is the crazy part...if they allowed the prince's motorcade on the expressway and only 3 marshalls for the age group race, I think that shows something is really wrong with what vehicles get on course!
Quote Reply

Prev Next