Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Hi Jordan,

This topic deserves its own thread, but chiming in here as I value your input. I look forward to meeting you in Norway!

Have you begun planning logistics for bike support? For example, how often will you rendezvous with your support team? Will you identify specific rendezvous points based on a planned interval or go with the flow?

Ideally, I'd like two hours of fuel on board and see my crew once an hour for a hand up. However, that is easier said than done. I'm interested in how others will handle this.

While Norseman's volatile weather speaks for itself, I was still a touch surprised to see you are going with the 808 rear instead of your standard disc. Was that a difficult decision for you?

Have you identified a "reflective vest" that meets our standards here on Slowtwitch? And what lights will you be running?

Edit; Roll Call and broader Q&A Here

Scott
Bib 117

I may run a disc. I was lead to believe initially - though maybe this was just my perception of the conversation - that the roads are really bad, which can be super uncomfortable on a disc. If I run a disc, I'll run a 26mm tire on it, which will certainly help. Certainly I'd prefer to run a disc. But my initial impression was that 808s would be more comfortable - which means speed - over the long haul. At the lower speeds, the aerodynamic benefit of the disc will be muted. Halvard said there's very little "flat" - it's mostly climbing or descending - which will also mute the benefit of a disc.

As far as the vest, I didn't see a *requirement* for reflective vest in the 2017 rules: https://nxtri.app.box.com/v/racemanual-2017

My vest is just a standard slim fitting Garneau vest with reflective piping.

As far as lights, I'm waiting to see the exact requirements. The most aerodynamic and lightest weight light setup I have would be an Exposure Joystick with RedEye rear. I'd probably run that or an Exposure Flash/Flare setup. I'll wait to hear the exact requirements though.

For crew, my plan will be to meet at designated spots. I'll bring two bottles and will plan to meet about every 90min, which would mean that I should be able to be adaptable as two bottles SHOULD last me 2hrs. I'll swap bottles whether I've emptied them or not. The 30min buffer should mean that if we have to shift meeting spots, that's no problem.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reflective vest requirements were laid out in a newsletter early April.

As for lights, Brent had to say the following:
Quote:
The bike must have working lights mounted front and back. Front light to be at least 100 lumens.
Lights must be turned on during the whole bike segment.

All of this will allegedly be in the athlete's​ guide. In the meantime, the FB Norseman Athlete zone has been pretty useful (minus the egocentric training pictures from a few).

Glad to have you as a competitor there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
timothy11 wrote:
Best of luck to all who was accepted! Did it last year and it was a tremendous experience. Just hit me with questions

Hello,

Can you comment on my question to Rapp above regarding bike support logistics? How would you plan and manage that aspect of the race if you were racing again?

To all; Interested in the voice of experience on this topic. Please chime in if you have any input.

Thanks,

Scott

I did not get support during the first 40k up to Dyranut, 1200m. This was due to extremely congested traffic due to closed roads and all the support cars. The athletes also had to cross the main road from the "old" road due to closures and that meant all traffic just stopped. Also, no support is allowed the before Vøringsfossen about 21k in but until then you'll have all your nutrition on your bike so there really isn't a need for that.

My crew just basically stopped whenever they had the chance. If I needed something I stopped as well or I would just bike past them. When passing me on the road they also asked me (through the window) how I was feeling and if I needed anything. Just make sure they park OUTSIDE the white line on the roads! And remember, there aren't many obvious places to stop so your crew will just have to stop whenever they can. They were exhausted at the end of the day ;)
And: read the manual numerous times.
Last edited by: timothy11: Jun 12, 17 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is important to remember that Norseman is going on on public roads with traffic.

I will recommend to get proper lights and keep them on the whole way.
You need a real reflective vest since you will go through a 2k tunnel.

The roads are not smooth. But how rough depend on what you are used to.
It can also be road works going on so you have to go over parts with gravel.
This is why I recommend to drive through the course, take pictures and make a mental map.

If you know you can easily get cold, plan to stay warm because if you get cold you can be in trouble.
The weather can also change your taste of food.

The last 30k can be scary if you are not used to going downhill.
You will not be able to eat here, and it is stressful for your crew to get to T2.

T2 has also limited parking spots.

If anyone have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
timothy11 wrote:
Best of luck to all who was accepted! Did it last year and it was a tremendous experience. Just hit me with questions

Hello,

Can you comment on my question to Rapp above regarding bike support logistics? How would you plan and manage that aspect of the race if you were racing again?

To all; Interested in the voice of experience on this topic. Please chime in if you have any input.

Thanks,

Scott

Raced in 14. Happy to say got to finish at the top. Here's my two cents for bike support:

If you can drive the course before, go for it. But I didn't and we had no issues. Everyone will be on their own first 40K up to Dyranut...so you don't have to worry about that. My crew basically just leapfrogged me through the ride. I think it would be pretty risky to have them drive an hour or so ahead (sorry, not sure if you were thinking this or someone else). You don't want to get caught on the road without something and not have relatively quick access to them. It really is no joke... stuff (weather) comes up in a hurry there. You might need clothing, the race might force you to put on a reflective vest.

We had near cataclysmic weather/rain/hail on last bit at Immingfjel and it was gnarly. I took a ton of gear with me and ended up using a ton. For me, a Gabba jersey with castelli armwarmers (same material, can't remember what they're called) were awesome. Have warm, water proof gloves too... you'll likely need them. At the same time, it can warm up drastically in the valleys (did our year). So there was a good amount of shedding and re-dressing.

So, my opinion, have your crew checking in on you very frequently. Anyway, nothing else for them to do. It's a looooong day for them too. I had three crew members (my wife and two brother in laws)... and they all agreed they were glad there were three of them.

I don't have to be yet another person to say it...but... it really is that awesome of a race. An experience like no other. Standing at the top really is that amazing.

Have an awesome time.

And feel free to PM with any questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Gabba and other various Nanoflex materials!

We had a shitstorm of rain during the whole bike leg last year, 4deg C at Dyranut and people were shivering their a**es of. I was actually quite warm during the first 21k since there are some brutal climbs on the old road, but as soon as you get on the main road and out in the open you are very exposed to the weather. I'd say it's better to put on too much in the beginning rather than getting dressed while biking. Ever tried to put on leg warmers when you are cold, wet and in a hurry? I have, not easy ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
lovegoat wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
Jmercer wrote:
Great! Keep the planning details coming!

What tires/tubes will you be using?

Bib #143

John

Given that the roads are supposed to be rough, Specialized Turbo Cotton 24 with latex tubes and orange seal endurance inside.

Plan to run 808 fr/rr or maybe the new 454 disc front and rear.

Different definitions of rough - of course - but long parts of the flatter-faster section is actually pretty newly paved with good surface (from top of first climb to Geilo). Last downhill section from top og last climb is pretty rough though.

define rough. rough like chip seal or rough like potholes and poor repair from poor maintnance and frost heave.

Varies alot. The first 10k flat section I'd say has "normal" Norweigian asphalt-road standard. Not as rough as the roughest chip-seal you could imagine, but definately not highway-smooth. Large parts of the section from the first climb to Geilo has new asfpahlt, and is quite ok. After geilo you go back to your "normal" semi-rough Norwegian asphalt, and from Imingfjell to T2 the surface is quite rough. The decent from Imingfjell - while not very technical - has some really bad parts (potholes, frost heave, etc) so look out on this section.

Not that anyone should take my advice, but FYI I'm planning on riding a disc with a 25mm, and an 80 mm up front. Of course there is a lot of elevation on the course, but there are still some pretty fast sections where I think you really benefit from a disc. The first 10k are flat, and (most importantly) the section from 35 to 90k - while rolling - is potentially very fast. The decents are also pretty straight, and you could benefit from a disc. I'd also say the possibilities of crosswinds favour a disc, as long as you can handle it in the wind (I'm heavy, so easier for me than someone of 60kg). (Contrary to what some people seem to believe - the advantage of disc's go up in high wind/crosswind, as opposed to calm conditions). I've probably disclosed as much already, but I'm in the " a disc is always faster"-camp :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take my advice with a grain of salt as I dropped out 50 miles into the bike last year, shaking so bad I couldn't stay upright and was concerned for my safety.

From T1 to Dyranut, I was wearing a long-sleeve base layer and a tight aero jersey up top, and tri shorts. (The shorts were dry--I did a full change in T1.) I think I had light gloves on. I had "waterproof" booties over my shoes. I was fine. The weather was dry and not too much wind. I was totally comfortable during this section. But once you get to Dyranut and the Hardangervidda, it's a different world.

When I got to Dyranut, the rain and wind were howling and I felt sleet on my aero helmet. I put on a long-sleeve Castelli Gabba and waterproof lobster gloves with heat packs. I also put on leg warmers.

None of this worked. After 20 or 25 miles, I was soaked through despite the supposed waterproof clothes. I also was way behind on nutrition because I wouldn't/couldn't take off my gloves to feed myself. (I was using more solid food than sports drinks because I knew I wouldn't be sweating much.)

I actually had my Gore-Tex ski jacket shell in the car as a last-resort clothing item, but I was so cold and rattled that I couldn't go on. I also had neoprene scuba gloves that I didn't put on for some reason. I let my condition deteriorate so much that even though I had other clothing available, I was in too much of a funk to try to reset and dry off. The race officials say that you can't sit in the car, but I heard that some people went into buildings to dry off and change. Not sure if that's allowed or not. I'd bring waterproof rain pants. 39F/4C and wet is a tough combination to deal with. Unfortunately, my clothing choices were more focused on aero than complete waterproofness.

The race officials insist on a real reflective vest, not just bright yellow clothing. And the tunnels are a little freaky. The long one has cars with headlights illuminating it, but there are a couple others that were pitch black.

I scouted out these stop locations using Google Earth in advance. There's parking at each one. I liked the idea of knowing in advance exactly where the car would be. Again, though, I dropped out just before Geilo so don't know how well the second half locations would have worked. The times are based on getting on the bike at 6:30 a.m. after a 1:22 swim and an 8 minute T1. I used Best Bike Split to calculate the times at each stop--it's not just based on average speed. I'd err on the side of planning more stops than you think you'll need, more for clothing swaps than for nutrition refills. Once things started going downhill, so to speak, I added stops. I told my wife and niece to go five miles ahead and find a place to stop. It was driving rain and I didn't want to take off my gloves, so my niece jammed food into my mouth.

Start 0:00:00 6:30:00 a.m.
Voringfossen (10.5 mi/16.9 km) 1:05:00 7:35:00 a.m.
Maurset (14.4mi/23.2 km) (our condo) 1:27:00 7:57:00 a.m.
Dyranut (21.9mi/35.2 km) (orange turisthytta--lots of parking) 2:12:00 8:42:00 a.m.
Just after bridge/causeway (36mi/57.9 km) (park on left) 2:54:00 9:24:00 a.m.
Ustaoset (48.7mi/78.4 km (near Joker) 3:32:00 10:02:00 a.m.
Top of climb (59.4mi/95.6 km) (Just after town with lake on left) 4:14:00 10:44:00 a.m.
Top of climb (69 mi/111 km) 4:52:00 11:22:00 a.m.
Top of climb (77 mi/123.9 km) (Vasstulan Hoyfjellsseter) 5:29:00 11:59:00 a.m.
Top of climb (87 mi/140 km) (near lake) 6:21:00 12:51:00 p.m.
Top of Imingfjell (94 mi/151.3 km) 6:43:00 13:13:00 p.m.

Also, make sure everything is organized and not just thrown in the car. Here was my plan:

Morning
Nipple tape
Immodium

Breakfast (2:30 a.m.)
Coke
Banana
Pastries

Swim
Swimsuit
Wetsuit
Goggles
Neoprene socks?
Cap
Hood? Vest?
Extra goggles
Garmin 920XT
Gu/Water
Body Glide
Socks/Shoes/Bag

Wife in T1 During Swim
2 pairs hand warmers (unwrapped at 6 a.m. and inserted into lobster gloves)
Garmin 500 (started at 6:15 a.m.)

T1
Towel
Tri Shorts
Chamois Butter
HR Strap
LS Black Shirt
Sunscreen
Bike Jersey
Vest
Race Belt/GPS
Socks
Toe warmers
Bike Shoes (with toe covers)
Lobster gloves (with 2 hand warmers in each)
Sunglasses
Helmet

Water/Gatorade (on bike)
2 Clif Bloks (on bike)
2 Gels
2 Baby wipes
Headlight
Tail light
Cell phone in bag

T1 Just in Case
Bike rain jacket in pouch
Arm Warmers
Leg Warmers
Tights
Thin gloves (red)
Skull cap
Shoe covers
Neoprene gloves

1st Bike Stop
Yellow jacket
Water/Gatorade
2 Clif Blok
1 Gel

Every Bike Stop
1 water bottle
1 gatorade bottle
1 Clif Blok
1 Gel
2 Nutter Butter

Bike Just in Case Bag
Shoe covers
Skull cap
Ski gloves
Tights
Neoprene gloves
Regular Helmet
Everything from T1 Just in Case Bag
Glasses

Bike Tool Bag (in travel case)

T2
Hoka grey running shoes
Fresh socks
Short Sleeve UA Shirt
Handheld bottle
Coke
Garmin 310XT
Capri?

Each Run Stop
Full water bottle
Pretzels
Nutter Butter
Gel

Run Just in Case
Tights
LS Blue Shirt
Black running gloves
Black Windbreaker
Blueberry Clif Bar
Compression sleeves
IMLP jacket if cold or raining

Backpack
Yellow Altra trail shoes
Snotcycle hat
Black running gloves
Handwarmers
Black windbreaker
Fleece
Tights

Bladder full of water
8 cookies
2 Gus
1 Clif Blok
Banana
Blueberry Clif Bar
Chocolate Clif Bar

Headlight
Cell phone
Camera
Fresh socks

Buy in Norway
Banana
Coke
Water
Cooler
Last edited by: kcb203: Jun 13, 17 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it extremely fascinating how differently people react to/handle warm or cold weather. Probably some of this comes down to how large/small you are, and how much heat you generate internally. Small guys generating less watts do good in heat/bad in cold, and big guys the other way around. Im sure there will be individual differences, but take IM Frankfuhrt last year with a non-wetsuit swim and pretty cold (not Norseman-cold!) weather after - alot of folks suffered in the cold and especially the smaller women really suffered.

I think everyone should make a real attempt to find out how they handle cold, because as you say getting to cold will simply end your day - period.

I'm luckily (in this respect) someone who handles cold fairly well, but I cant stand anything warmer than 15-16 C. Over 20 C and I shut down:) Imagine if I go to Kona - I'd melt just coming out of T1!:) Hopefully (for me) we'll have abit colder weather for Norseman.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
I find it extremely fascinating how differently people react to/handle warm or cold weather. Probably some of this comes down to how large/small you are, and how much heat you generate internally. Small guys generating less watts do good in heat/bad in cold, and big guys the other way around. Im sure there will be individual differences, but take IM Frankfuhrt last year with a non-wetsuit swim and pretty cold (not Norseman-cold!) weather after - alot of folks suffered in the cold and especially the smaller women really suffered.

I think everyone should make a real attempt to find out how they handle cold, because as you say getting to cold will simply end your day - period.

I'm luckily (in this respect) someone who handles cold fairly well, but I cant stand anything warmer than 15-16 C. Over 20 C and I shut down:) Imagine if I go to Kona - I'd melt just coming out of T1!:) Hopefully (for me) we'll have abit colder weather for Norseman.

I'm fine cold and dry, but once I'm wet, it's over. I did a duathlon in the rain in 59F/15C. The forecast was totally wrong, and I just had a tri jersey/shorts and light gloves. It was a hilly race. I was fine going uphill, but shaking so bad on the descents I thought I was going to crash. It's the only other race I've ever dropped out of.

Two weeks after dropping out of Norseman last year, I did Mont Tremblant to redeem myself. It was 68F/20C and raining all day. I was fine, but saw others at medical tents wrapped in mylar blankets and totally shaking.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I changed the thread title just because this has become a great thread that's about way more than my doing the race.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you have a video from Imingfjell. The last plateau and the first 180 degree turns down to Tessungdalen.
You can see that the road is not good here, especially around the turns. If it is raining, you better have good breaks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXSinIaDHpc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Best Bike Split interface with Trainer Road to create a course simulation. I've found this to be a great way to recon a course and dial in the power targets. Rode the first 90k today at a .85IF and quickly figured out that is way to hot. Those first 45k are tough!

I should be able to share the custom workout with those Trainer Road subscribers who are part of Team Slowtwitch. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott

Last edited by: GreatScott: Jun 13, 17 15:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you have my GPS file from 2013.
That year it was headwind and rain resulting in slow bike times.
https://connect.garmin.com/...n/activity/357308913

The conditions can really add time to the bike leg. It will always be slow, but it can be slower.
Make sure that to take that into account on race day if you race with power.

You can find a lot of files on Strava.
This is just from the bike leg.
https://www.strava.com/...p;elev_gain_end=5000
Last edited by: Halvard: Jun 13, 17 17:16
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp you doing norseman 2017? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I'm currently searching for a profile of the segment from 37.5k to the top. My crew would like to replicate the hike in training. Please chime in if you have input.

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Jun 13, 17 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks!

I'm currently searching for a profile of the segment from 37.5k to the top. My crew would like to replicate the hike in training. Please chime in if you have input.

Scott

Here you have my GPS from the run leg
https://connect.garmin.com/...n/activity/357308965

I did ok from 37.5. Luckily after I totally turned into a zombie up Zombie Hill. From 32 - 37 I was hardly moving and according to my brother that walked with me, I was not that fun...

The trail is really rocky. I would recommend to search on Gaustatoppen both google and youtube.
It is only the fastest that run that part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again!

Can you ID a good hike here in the PNW that would be a good Zombie Hill "simulation"?

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks again!

Can you ID a good hike here in the PNW that would be a good Zombie Hill "simulation"?

Scott

If you have done some trail running you do not need to plan to much about the last 5k.
What is hard is that Zombie Hill add a lot of time to the run leg time.
Last year's winner just got under 4h, and he had a run time at IM France of 2.45.
What is most important is endurance and the willingness to keep eating all through the run leg.
Add some 3h easy runs and you will do fine.

If you add a lot of hills during your bike training you will benefit of that climbing Zombie Hill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks again!

Scott

I have a friend who is quite a serious ultra runner (podium finisher at Hardrock). He's said in the past that he think it's more about net vertical in a given run than how long any one particular climb is.

I.e., if you're going out and gaining 1000m+ of vertical on your long run, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not any single climb is all that long.

I have some pretty solid climbs near me in the Santa Monicas that I'm planning to use as recon for this race.

Guadalasca is a favorite MTB trail that I think will be excellent prep: https://www.strava.com/segments/688824

This is one of my favorite places to run.

My other favorite place is here, which is right out my front door: https://www.strava.com/activities/1035562262

In either locale, it will be very easy for me to put together a 2.5-3hr loop with 1000m+ of vertical. That's my plan for preparation. I'm not worried about doing any one long climb. But my long runs will be all about accumulating vert. Especially since downhill running is what really crushes your quads, I expect that a 1000m of up *and down* will put me in good stead.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey thread, any recommended hydration packs?

How big a reservoir do I need?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Google led me to Salomon S-Lab Adv Skin 12 Vest (me) and Salomon Trail 20 Backpack (crew).

Interested to see th collective wisdom from the Tribe.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Google led me to Salomon S-Lab Adv Skin 12 Vest (me) and Salomon Trail 20 Backpack (crew).

Interested to see th collective wisdom from the Tribe.

Scott

I am not sure how wise I am but I have the salomon s lab 12. I got it a few months ago because I enjoy mountain biking and am doing more trail running. I have used it on some long road runs as well. It is comfortable and easily adjustable. There is room for a one and a half litre reservoir with a hose as well as two five hundred ml soft bottles. You could stuff hard bottles in if you wanted. I

I thought I'd use it on the mountain if I make it.

There are straps all over it which bother me a bit. I hate things flopping and flapping as I run. By the time I need it at Norseman though I'm sure I won't care. I doubt I would get it specifically for thus race...but if you have other interests that would utilize it it is a nice piece of kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Hey thread, any recommended hydration packs?

How big a reservoir do I need?

I would get the smallest, lightest pack possible - hydration pack or not - that can fit the required stuff they make you carry up the mountain (forget what they make you take, headlamp, etc). Have your crew carry a couple water/hydration bottles. It won't be a burden for them.

To me, hydration was not a worry at that point... then again, we were taking a more leisurely pace as a black shirt had long been assured at that point and I was just enjoying the hike with my wife and brother-in-law.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks again!

Scott

I have a friend who is quite a serious ultra runner (podium finisher at Hardrock). He's said in the past that he think it's more about net vertical in a given run than how long any one particular climb is.

I.e., if you're going out and gaining 1000m+ of vertical on your long run, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not any single climb is all that long.

I have some pretty solid climbs near me in the Santa Monicas that I'm planning to use as recon for this race.

Guadalasca is a favorite MTB trail that I think will be excellent prep: https://www.strava.com/segments/688824

This is one of my favorite places to run.

My other favorite place is here, which is right out my front door: https://www.strava.com/activities/1035562262

In either locale, it will be very easy for me to put together a 2.5-3hr loop with 1000m+ of vertical. That's my plan for preparation. I'm not worried about doing any one long climb. But my long runs will be all about accumulating vert. Especially since downhill running is what really crushes your quads, I expect that a 1000m of up *and down* will put me in good stead.

I've never done Norseman before, but I did that Swissman-race last year - to a large degree the same profile on the run (allthough swissman has a few more ups and downs before you reach the final ascent where you climb approx 1200m straight up to finish). Mind you I'm not one of the really fast guys - but IMO an uphill finish such as this to a marathon has less to do with running and more to do with just overall fitness and leg strength. If you took a pure cyclist and compared him to a runner/ultrarunner, I believe the cyclist would hold up far better in a steep ascent than flat or up and down running. For me - specific run-training before Norseman is primarily aimed at enabling me to go fast (or - as fast as possible, which probably will be quite slow :D) on the first 25km of the run.

This is not to say I wont do hills / climbs in my run training. Where I live I pretty much have to run straight up or straight down outside my door - example: https://www.strava.com/activities/977196146 or https://www.strava.com/activities/1016572761 (a local trail-race).

Anyway - totally agree on that you dont need to do long sustained run-climbing - just get fit (in your case stay fit) and get the leg strength (which I believe you also can get by cycling).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Jmercer wrote:
Great! Keep the planning details coming!

What tires/tubes will you be using?

Bib #143

John

Given that the roads are supposed to be rough, Specialized Turbo Cotton 24 with latex tubes and orange seal endurance inside.

Plan to run 808 fr/rr or maybe the new 454 disc front and rear.

Wondering why you chose The Endurance formula from Orange seal? Regular formula offers better protection from punctures.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply

Prev Next