Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread
Quote | Reply
WINNER (tie breaker with other 3:54s was he called win or place too). Judge decision.

Insidious wrote:
Win or place. 3:54

Not really a Lance fanboy but no one has him being the sharp end of the stick.....I'd honestly be surprised if he isnt top two. In one of the events he's going to surprise folks, probably the other two he'll merely meet expectations. My money is on him doing something special (for him) in the run. Guy is fit, fast and a fierce competitor even in mini golf (or so I hear). I guess we will see soon enough,

I imagine 24:30-2:09:00-1:18:00 with the rest in transitions.
Last edited by: 3Aims: Feb 12, 12 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he is doping again then there will be no stopping him.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this thread takes flight, can you edit to add what the winning time will be, etc. Just to give some perspective?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3:59:59

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say winner goes 3:53....Lance goes right around 4 hours +- a minute

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Tex wrote:
If this thread takes flight, can you edit to add what the winning time will be, etc. Just to give some perspective?
Of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3:59:30.

Swim :24
Bike 2:05
Run: 1:25

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He finished yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3:58, but only because he will stop for a potty break, to help a passing motorist fix a flat, and to kick the shit out of Chuck Norris.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [kkoole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:05 & he will have the #1 bike split at 2:08
-----------------

----------------------------------------------
David
2007 Trek Madone 5.2 Discovery Channel
2011 Trek Speed Concept 9.5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way he goes sub-4:00 - I can see him going no faster than 4:07 and that is generous. My bet is on 4:20.

S - 25:00 (based upon 49:12 at Red Liquorice 2.4 mile swim on 4/14/11)
B- 2:14 (25 mph)
R-1:25 (based on 1:22 at Livestrong Half on 2/21/11)
T1 & T2: 3:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do we have to do this everytime this guys name comes up?

I thought people on this board had the best interests for triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Trifecta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he will beat Chuck Norris.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We do. People with an association of cheating do not help a sport - whether they are innocent or not - its not good for the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Trifecta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trifecta wrote:
No way he goes sub-4:00 - I can see him going no faster than 4:07 and that is generous. My bet is on 4:20.

S - 25:00 (based upon 49:12 at Red Liquorice 2.4 mile swim on 4/14/11)
B- 2:14 (25 mph)
R-1:25 (based on 1:22 at Livestrong Half on 2/21/11)
T1 & T2: 3:00

I dont usually participate in these threads, but you cant be serious with that bike split? Loads of people on this board can split that and run considerably faster than 1:25 and none are near the caliber of athlete.

I dont love or hate the guy but 2:14?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to see what the course is like, it says challenging. But yeah, if he's going 25mph it's a damn hard course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:02
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fully expect his split to be in the top three. Even on a challenging course, the likes of Lieto dont split 2:14. Unless I'm underestimating the challenge of that course.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
LA around 4:05 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i aint close to lances ability and i can throw a 4:20 with 10 hours per week of training.

he goes under 4:05 with ease.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:
I say winner goes 3:53....Lance goes right around 4 hours +- a minute

x2

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a sad statement....but, I knew some idot would have to tie the 2 together!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [tricrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tricrazy wrote:
Thats a sad statement....but, I knew some idot would have to tie the 2 together!

lol - you knew some "idot" did you ?

I think it's a fairly sensible statement to be honest.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
I fully expect his split to be in the top three. Even on a challenging course, the likes of Lieto dont split 2:14. Unless I'm underestimating the challenge of that course.

I don't know bike splits we for halfs and I'm on my phone so I didn't want to dig much but 25 for pro is quite pedestrian pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ill say 4:20 just because im toking a joint right now and that seems the appropriate number at this time. thank you.

Call of Duty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will volunteer up a whopping 4:07:13

--------------------------------------------------

Triathlon was started by a bunch of kids at the swimming hole, who heard the ice cream man. They swam to their bikes, chased down the truck, jumped off their bikes, and ran to be first in line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next