Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20
Quote | Reply
Blummenfelt, Iden and Stornes will participate in a regular track event on Wednesday (Yes sports are back here in Norway).
They are shooting for 2.50 per k, 28.20 on the 10 000m.

Here you have their last workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imU_GStbpJc

Last week's training load was 30h.
If the event is going to be streamed I will post a link.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's put this in perspective

64 seconds per 400m
16 seconds per 100m

This may be more meaningful for the average triathlon to relate to (well the average triathlete that actually goes to the track for intervals)
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Let's put this in perspective

64 seconds per 400m
16 seconds per 100m

This may be more meaningful for the average triathlon to relate to (well the average triathlete that actually goes to the track for intervals)

68 seconds per 400m
17 seconds per 100m

If it was 64/400m, they wouldn't be triathletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that video this morning and also saw Blummenfelt's Strava workout. It looks like Kristian is looking to go close to 28 - he said maybe 2:46's, but Gustav would be happy with 2:50 km's. It is fun to see these races. It looks like Hayden Wilde in NZ is doing some pretty fast running along with Richard Murray in the Netherlands. Will be interesting to see how triathlon performances are when we finally get back to racing.

I still can't get over Kristian's non-runner build. I know the crazy high VO2-Max helps a lot!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These dudes are nuts, when are they going to long course, because they will win, and win a lot.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed hard when he said "We'll just start at 2'40"/k for the first k and then try to hold on like every triathlete, the runners won't expect it"

Agreed, I believe they stated somewhere he's only around 1m75 (5'9") and 77kg (171lbs). Iden is about as tall but about 5kg lighter. Stornes has the best runner build I guess, and a nice running style too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested how big a role the shoes are playing in all of this.
I'd find it awesome to do it twice (2 weeks apart or so), once with Alphafly (which according to laboratory tests show crazy improvements) and once with non-carbon racing flats
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
These dudes are nuts, when are they going to long course, because they will win, and win a lot.

It will be insane. Like the old days of the greats pushing each other to greater heights.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct. 170seconds x 0.4 = 68.

It looks kind of wrong. Its still 17 seconds per 100m
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me a skeptic, but Brownlee ran a 28:32 in a legit track meet at Stanford a few years ago. These guys are claiming they are going to go 28:20 in small local meet/time trial (I don't know the full details of this race), sounds a little unbelievable. But if they have the 4% vaporflys, maybe those shoes could be worth 20 seconds in a 10K.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it’s a local meet - but Sondre Moen will be in the heat. One of the best LD Runners in Europe - 27:24/59:48/2:05:48, and I’m pretty sure he would hate to lose to one of the Triathlon guys. Danish Thijs Nijhuis will also be in the race - he just Q’ed for Tokyo with a 2:11 and a sub14 5k. They will also have pacers in the heat.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be a fun one to watch. What time is the race?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
But if they have the 4% vaporflys, maybe those shoes could be worth 20 seconds in a 10K.

4%'s are so 2019 ... you mean Next%?

Edit: Just saw this video that OP posted - looks like they are wearing the AlphaFlys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imU_GStbpJc

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Jun 30, 20 15:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to these lads. Impressive goals.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Should be a fun one to watch. What time is the race?

The heat with the Norwegian triathletes starts 21:10 Norwegian time.

For those interested - the complete start list is available here: http://file:/...3-1.juli-ver-1.4.pdf

Heat 2 of the 10k, the fastest heat, contains Sondre Moen, Marius Vedvik (13:29 5k / 28:42 10k PRs), Thijs Nijhuis (recently did a 2:10 marathon) and more. Vetle Thorn - a generation or two younger than the more know Norwegian Trio - is also a triathlete with good running capabilities. I see Sindre Buraas (Norwegian retired T&F - once a 13:11 5k-runner) on the list - I assume he will be a pacemaker for 4-5-6 k (he paced Sondre Moen in the impossible-games too).

I predict Sondre Moen to win this pretty comfortably, but who knows (he just ran a 13:42 5km i Boysen Memorial this monday).

I'll predict this order:

1. Sondre Moen - 28:20
2. Blu - 28:40
3. Vedvik - 28:42
3. Iden - 28:45
4. Stornes - 28:55
5. Nijhuis - 29:20

Especially the (friendly) rivalry between Vedvik and the Norwegian Tri-trio should be fun - they have raced a couple of 5 k's earlier this year - Vedvik will be keen to revenge his losses in 5k's- Normally you'd think the 10k instead of 5k favours the triathletes, but I think Vedvik should be given a fair chance here - he seems to be in good shape.

Sondre Moen will be sad to not win this one, being the (normally) far strongest runner in the field (even given his main focus is the marathon).

The race will be streamed here:

https://www.facebook.com/...ett-1575940082626814

will be fun!
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K.B. isn't that big. He has a deformed rib cage. Every time I hear people say he's so big I'm wondering if we're talking about the same guy. Yes, his ribs stick out. No, he's not unusually large for an elite ITU triathlete.

Looking forward to the race. It fits in perfectly to my lunch hour!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 10 000 m starts 21.10 Norwegian time.
It is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Who is the kid in 4th atm? He's in the Norwegian tri tank top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3000m - 8.31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5000m - 14.16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Blu has blown.
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KB - DNF
Gustav - 29:00
Last edited by: MTRIB: Jul 1, 20 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the best day for the triathletes.

But I am glad they are racing.

Good to see sports are back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Not the best day for the triathletes.

But I am glad they are racing.

Good to see sports are back

that is what happens when you show up to running race dressed like triathlete!
Quote Reply
Re: The Norwegians are running a 10 000 on the track Wednesday. Target time 28.20 [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looked like KB was limping a bit on the side of the track after he DNF'd.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply

Prev Next