Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The New Trek Emonda: Thoughts?
Quote | Reply
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/emonda/

Good looking bike to me but the front-center seems a bit... short. Also, the seat mast choice... I don't get that. What did they gain? Why not a "D" shaped seat post or just a standard 27.2?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Trek Emonda: Thoughts? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2019 Emonda 4 ALR traditional brake. It's a fantastic ride... decided to upgrade to a Emonda ALR 5 disk .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my mind made up to get one. Got fitted and the Domane was recommended. It took 3 weeks to find an emonda near me in stock (new one) to ride. I rode it, and wasn't wowed. It was a bit harsh. Not sure if you have seen my other posts, but I just bought a new Tarmac yesterday. Much different ride. Smooth, snappy, and didn't feel the road as much as I did in the emonda. I LOVE how Trek hid the cables, and would love that for the tarmac (new one comes out in a week, but probably can't afford that version).

Give the tarmac a look.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Trek Emonda: Thoughts? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chances are the emonda just had the tires pumped up too high. The actual compliance differences between these two frames when considered with respect to the system as a whole, are negligable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The aluminum version is a great deal at almost no weight penalty with their mid range carbon SL frame. I would be looking out for an updated version of that model.

For the carbon models I would argue that the giant tcr or the brand new cervelo Caledonia might be better.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Trek Emonda: Thoughts? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snap. I got the Tarmac too vs the 'old Emonda around the start of this year.
Also didn't like the trek seat post being arse-about-face (looks crap with the pist bigger than the mast) and the likely unavailability in 2 or 3 years.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Trek Emonda: Thoughts? [Team7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team7 wrote:
The aluminum version is a great deal at almost no weight penalty with their mid range carbon SL frame. I would be looking out for an updated version of that model.

For the carbon models I would argue that the giant tcr or the brand new cervelo Caledonia might be better.

Completely agree ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say that I have a very bad case of "integration" fatigue. I'm extremely tired of all the unique-to-this-model-or-brand seatpost, seat clamp, stem, handlebar, bottom bracket, etc., etc., etc. All the big brands are doing it.

So I dumped my big brand bikes with "system integration." Now, I ride an OPEN. Not QUITE as fast as my former BMC SLR01 Disc (but surprisingly close), but infinitely more reliable. And, like the bikes of old, the parts are interchangeable with nearly everything the aftermarket offers.
Quote Reply