Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure hope they do, and I think the IAx is gonna be a big hit.

I just pulled the trigger on the ia1 frameset, the local reseller told me that the 2015 version already ran out of stock so my frame will be in the 2016 paint scheme / version which will be expected to arrive in Hong Kong on October.

I remember the articles talking about the IAx series will only available this December, so i guess the "old" IA will come first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:
SuperDave, hope you guys make enough of these bikes and frames. As a potential customer, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to get one of the IAx bikes. Just amazing value. You have a winner and I think it will be hard for you to keep up with the demand.

Yeah I'll be in line for an IA10 as well.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
burninglegs wrote:
SuperDave, hope you guys make enough of these bikes and frames. As a potential customer, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to get one of the IAx bikes. Just amazing value. You have a winner and I think it will be hard for you to keep up with the demand.

You guys won't regret it. I can't help but smile every time I'm on my IA. Once you get over the handling when gusts hit those monster tubes it goes like there's no tomorrow.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting one of these this spring, either the 10 if I can get a deal or the 16 if not. When you say that the frame takes a jolt from the wind, do you think that this takes the pressure off of the front wheel. With a disc, what front wheel do you use? How would it feel with two deep wheels on a windy day?

Thanks

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
burninglegs wrote:

That IA10 is really nice. Personally I am leaning towards the IA16 or IAx frameset (or is it called the IA10 frameset?). I think I would prefer the frameset. We will see. Felt really nailed it with the price points and specs on these bikes imo.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 66 front and run a 66 w/Wheel Cover in the rear. Both 23mm Continental GP4000IIS. As to the wind comment. I recall the first ride I took on my IA outside. I on a day with cross winds. My first reaction was immediately "This feels like a sniper rifle". I was just flying without evening hitting Z3 heart rate. Then I did a decent and caught a gust. The bike had noticeable "lift" and required a heavy lean to counter act. Scared me back to earth from the speed cloud 9 I was on. I normally ride an AR so I'm used to cross winds "catching" but I hadn't experienced the IA outdoors much at all and it caught me off guard.

After that single scare I've been appropriately aware and I now have no issues with wind. It's just one of the nuances that make this bike a dream to ride/race.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be running 404 front and rear on my size 48 frame, my weight is 140 to 145 depending on the time of year.

You think I'll be ok with the cross winds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you comment on the handling?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JohnHK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride an IA with zipp 808 front and zipp disc rear. I weigh 150 and the gusts are noticeable but nothing to worry about.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JohnHK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
I'm going to be running 404 front and rear on my size 48 frame, my weight is 140 to 145 depending on the time of year.

I'm 5'8" 145 with 66mm front so I don't think you'll have any troubles. I will say make sure you ride on a cross wind heavy day just to be ready come race time.

------
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
Can you comment on the handling?

It's not a road bike but it isn't a handling pig. I can do turn arounds aggressively, weave around roundabouts at 55+ km/h. I've not had any handling issues at all.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
JohnHK wrote:

I'm 5'8" 145 with 66mm front so I don't think you'll have any troubles. I will say make sure you ride on a cross wind heavy day just to be ready come race time.

Great to hear, I'm about 5"7... excited to build it up this Oct/Nov and will definitely have lots of chances to ride it in crosswinds all the time.

It will come as the 2016 paint scheme, I'm told this my their facebook page staff in a private message:

"the new version of the IA1 will have a white logo on both the down and head tubes and a bit of white on the chain stays. The main badge on the seat tube will be all grey. Apart from these differences, overall colour looks pretty much the same. Once our website is updated, you will be able to see an image of this product. "
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you guys in between two sizes going to go with the larger size?

I am coming from an old Cervelo P2 size 54 with a frame stack of 512 and reach of 418. The IAx size 54 has a frame stack of 513 and reach of 406. Howver the 56 frame would also work with stack of 537 and reach of 424. Especially with all the adjustability that current aero bars have. Lots of room to dial in the fit. Typically I have always gone with the smaller frame size when between two sizes. But SuperDave has mentioned to size up if you can make the fit work to get the added sail benefit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was between 56 and 58. I went with 58. I also think SuperDave said if you are between get the bigger size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:

I am coming from an old Cervelo P2 size 54 with a frame stack of 512 and reach of 418. The IAx size 54 has a frame stack of 513 and reach of 406. Howver the 56 frame would also work with stack of 537 and reach of 424. Especially with all the adjustability that current aero bars have. Lots of room to dial in the fit. Typically I have always gone with the smaller frame size when between two sizes. But SuperDave has mentioned to size up if you can make the fit work to get the added sail benefit?

Unless you're expecting to get >6cm of stack between the base bar and the extension mounts go with the larger size.
The larger frame is more aerodynamic and until you get lots of separation between arms and base bar on your cockpit, collapsing that frontal area is faster, too.
Big basebar gap:

minimal gap:

and a combo of 3 with no gap and 1 with 6cm+

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
This. Or a Magura front, although the rear mount won''t handle one.

You can run a Magura hydro rear caliper brake on Shimano Direct Mount rear brake mounting standard with an adapter. I recommend the 10 degree tilt version.
-SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
metcalf34 wrote:
Any idea on a ship date????
I read December on the IA10 and IA14, and January on the IA16.

FYI - Felt has not decided, according to what I was told last Friday, whether or not the IA10 frameset will be available for purchase.

SuperDave or anyone else, is this timeline still fairly safe to go off of? What about the frameset? Slowman made it sound like the frameset would be sold. Hope that is still the case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I was told last week the frame set would not be available in the near future. Your best bet will be to buy the IA14 or IA10. The IA16 announcement was premature, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's a next step.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:

Choosing the 56, you gain 25mm in stack. Do you have that in spacers on the P2? Sure it's nice to get more sail effect from the larger frame but not if you can't get low enough and you're sitting up like a sail.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:
trentnix wrote:
metcalf34 wrote:

FYI - Felt has not decided, according to what I was told last Friday, whether or not the IA10 frameset will be available for purchase.

SuperDave or anyone else, is this timeline still fairly safe to go off of? What about the frameset? Slowman made it sound like the frameset would be sold. Hope that is still the case.

IA10 and IA14 both currently have mid October ETAs in the US. The IA16 is currently slated to be a Euro only offering and Jan is still the latest ETA that I am aware of, but I am in our US offices and do not have the latest info on EU arrivals

Last edited by: Wil@Felt: Aug 18, 15 12:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burninglegs wrote:
trentnix wrote:
metcalf34 wrote:

I'm optimistic about that December delivery date, in fact that might be overly conservative. I'm fairly certain that the demand for these IA-x platforms will ensure very few will be on display waiting for consumers to stroll in and stumble upon their size and model. All frame production is going to IA10 and IA14 demand for the time being. IA10 framekits and what might become an IA16 level bike are well behind from a development standpoint and will be a lower priority to deliver.

In time the IA line will continue to evolve without model year sequencing/chronology and additional integration options and several more models that fit between the flagship IA FRD and *cough, wireless* the proposed IA16.

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this talk just keeps getting me more and more excited. I want to see some more photos of the IA10...perhaps something without the white background (white/black bike on a white background makes it look like half the bike isn't there). I'd love to see some photos (even quick shots) of the IA10 with some racing wheels on it just to see what it will look like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:

In time the IA line will continue to evolve without model year sequencing/chronology and additional integration options and several more models that fit between the flagship IA FRD and *cough, wireless* the proposed IA16.

-SD

When you say additional integration options, what does this mean? With the IAx series, maybe a tool box on the seat tube? Will Felt come out with a larger Calpac to store more stuff? I know you probably can't say anything yet, but it's definitely exciting to see how Felt will change the IA over time

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
burninglegs wrote:
trentnix wrote:
metcalf34 wrote:

I'm optimistic about that December delivery date, in fact that might be overly conservative. I'm fairly certain that the demand for these IA-x platforms will ensure very few will be on display waiting for consumers to stroll in and stumble upon their size and model. All frame production is going to IA10 and IA14 demand for the time being. IA10 framekits and what might become an IA16 level bike are well behind from a development standpoint and will be a lower priority to deliver.

-SD

What is the color scheme for the IA16? Is the IA16 even guaranteed to come out?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS here in Norway says that I'm might have to wait until March before the IA 10 will arrive if I pre-order it now in the end of August.
Can this be right? I'm gone go mad waiting!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next