Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Mirinda Carfrae had custom Calpac parts on her bike years ago. Unless Felt have said, officially, that these are upcoming consumer products, this is not news. If Felt release something, great. But I wish everyone would stop perpetuating these rumours of imminent Calpac fixes and draft boxes without some solid basis.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Mirinda Carfrae had custom Calpac parts on her bike years ago. Unless Felt have said, officially, that these are upcoming consumer products, this is not news. If Felt release something, great. But I wish everyone would stop perpetuating these rumours of imminent Calpac fixes and draft boxes without some solid basis.

If you're trying to say something, I recommend having a go at using some words. They're quite useful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess what heยดs trying to say is that here's another picture of a pro Felt IA with a draftbox just like the one on Daniela Ryfs a few weeks back. What would be interesting to know is if these are 3D printed or if that have the molds made for them. That would be a clue on how close to official relese they are.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
I guess what heยดs trying to say is that here's another picture of a pro Felt IA with a draftbox just like the one on Daniela Ryfs a few weeks back. What would be interesting to know is if these are 3D printed or if that have the molds made for them. That would be a clue on how close to official relese they are.
I'm not interested in guessing which I made clear in the very post of mine that he quoted. Either he somehow didn't understand that, was trying to be a smartass (I doubt it) or is just lazy. If there's something solid, I'll be interested. Otherwise, yawn.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw pictures of Josh Ambergers Felt IA and he has a Draft Box fitted, too!
Looking at the photos, he seems to be running a Felt stem, but Zipp Vuka bars, so maybe a custom stem, too...
Any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whether or not they are one-offs, they look like an afterthought the way it sits way above the rear wheel, etc.
I think the felts are beautiful bikes, but think they look better with a mini saddle bag stuffed/hidden under the saddle, than one of these boxes.
The trek draft box is one of the few 'boxes' that look proper on the back of the frame IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, first time posting on Slowtwitch!
Been following this thread for a while and finally picked up an IA 10 two weeks ago. Been slowly building it up with whatever parts that arrive.

I just received the Omega X brakes today which many of you seem to have installed but I'm having trouble with the front brake - the longest bolt can't reach the recessed nut. Anyone else had this issue?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [toomanyjeffs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toomanyjeffs wrote:
Hey guys, first time posting on Slowtwitch!
Been following this thread for a while and finally picked up an IA 10 two weeks ago. Been slowly building it up with whatever parts that arrive.

I just received the Omega X brakes today which many of you seem to have installed but I'm having trouble with the front brake - the longest bolt can't reach the recessed nut. Anyone else had this issue?

Did you try the bolt that came with he OEM brake? I had a longer bolt from an older brake IIRC. If not you can take the closest one to the nearest hardware store and get a longer one or reach out to tririg and see if they can send you one that will work.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
toomanyjeffs wrote:
I'm having trouble with the front brake - the longest bolt can't reach the recessed nut. Anyone else had this issue?

Did you try the bolt that came with he OEM brake?
This. I used the bolt that came with the OE brake. However, if you are building from frame up, then you will need to source a longer bolt from somewhere else. Ditto the Tririg comment... they did an IA build; therefore they have to know that they do not package a long enough brake bolt for an IA.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [toomanyjeffs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to help! You should be able to mount the brake using the IA's stock recessed nut. If you don't have that nut, we can source you a longer M6 countersunk thru bolt. Same answer sent in reply to the email you sent us.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the shimano 105 derailleur on the IA 16 is short or medium cage?

if not, does anyone know how to tell if my derailleur is short or medium cage?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the size of the cassette? That should let you know the cage size.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it came with an 11-28 so that doesn't really narrow it. 28 is either its max capacity if its short cage or not if its medium right?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
it came with an 11-28 so that doesn't really narrow it. 28 is either its max capacity if its short cage or not if its medium right?

Probably a short cage if I had to guess. Yeah I think 28 is the max

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I know this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a 56 frame (especially in IA1 or FRD) with a saddle height between 73 and 74cm that they could post a pic of?
I ride a medium Trek SC. When I put my numbers into the felt calculator, it recommends the 56 as best option, probably because I don't use a lot of drop to my bars (about 3.5 inches). But the standover height of the 56 IA1 is listed as just under 82cm, quite a bit higher than my trek, seems like it would look odd with my saddle height?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 56;

Do you want the saddle height measurement from the bb or pedal? I'll go measure it, but I don't think the IA is going to be any faster than your Trek.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, thanks, I always measure from center of BB to top of saddle, measured to about the middle of the saddle (so kind of along the seat tube).

I have serious love for my trek. I'm not after speed, the trek is about 6 years old now, just ready for something new. :)
If I buy any new bike, I'll be taking a lot of the parts off the trek to re-use (di2, zipps, etc).

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've an IA14 in 56 with a saddle height of 745mm. Nothing odd looking at all. I'm afraid I don't have a pic handy just now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is at 76.6 cm. Since then the seat has been moved forward a little and set leveled.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Mine is at 76.6 cm. Since then the seat has been moved forward a little and set leveled.

Perfect, slam it down 3cm and post a pic...... ;)

Seriously though, if anyone has a pic of a 56 with 73-74cm saddle, please post, thx.

edit - Sweeney, still post a pic if you can, thx!
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jun 30, 17 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did post a pic in my first post. Here's a better one;

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, sorry, pics weren't loading on my work computer, but I see them on my phone.

So if I'm reading the geo charts correctly, the IA1 (and FRD) will have a standover height 1.5cm higher than the IAxx frames. So they much use a completely different mold for those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely, totally different frames. And the IAxx is the superior frame with a lower stack height.

For the record; my IA16 is the least expensive IA. I don't want any other more expensive bike and I don't think I'm giving anything away on the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say superior, is that just because of the lower stack? I don't really require a super low stack. I won't lie, I really love the look of the hidden front brake, like on my trek..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the lower stack lets the rider get a better position and you have more options with the bars. To me the hidden brake just adds complications and the wind doesn't know the difference between that and a Tririg brake.

You can't go wrong either way.

Quote Reply

Prev Next