Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit that makes SOOOO much sense now, that is litterally exactly the explanation I needed, thank you Dave.

Edit: I just realized this means I rode 2.5 hours on my trainer with a saddle angle of 10 degrees nose down...no one I was uncomfortable
Last edited by: JustTooFarr: Mar 27, 17 16:27
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the typos, I replied using voice to text on my phone from the train in Taipei and didnt adequately proofread.

Glad the lightbulb went on, please let me know if there are any other 3T (or Felt) questions I can help with.

Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SD, or anybody else know, is it possible to pick up an IA14 replacement frame? UPS crushed my seat stay.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I would suggest having your LBS look into the Felt Crash replacement program. It's quite fair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, thanks so much for the info on the difflock. Brilliant!

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt does have a crash replacement program (I think this situation would qualify) and it's almost always handled via a Felt dealer in your area. My local shop had to show proof that the replaced frame was destroyed (cut in half basically).
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [sebemfo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I'm going to look into it. First trying to figure out the UPS situation.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, can anyone tell me whether the decals on my IA1 are lacquered over, or can I remove them, easily?... Just fancy a different colour!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Earlier on in this thread, Superdave said they were under a clear coat. So no easy removal :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was told EMPHATICALLY by a Felt rep at Oceanside 70.3 that the IA draft box will be out this summer. I even told her, "I'm going to post this to Slowtwich; are you sure you want to promise that it will be out this summer?" and she told me she had been riding with a prototype for a while now.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srev wrote:
Was told EMPHATICALLY by a Felt rep at Oceanside 70.3 that the IA draft box will be out this summer. I even told her, "I'm going to post this to Slowtwich; are you sure you want to promise that it will be out this summer?" and she told me she had been riding with a prototype for a while now.
We'll see!
Snd did she say anything about the more important matter of the long promised Calpac improvement?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't ask, but she didn't volunteer any info about it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked about the storage box and the Calpac. She said this summer for both. I pushed a little about more info, but she wasn't divulging so I just said thanks, and looking forward to seeing them!

Oh, and she did say that one of the guys that was working on the bikes actually did the design on the new Calpac.
Last edited by: clydecat: Apr 5, 17 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
I asked about the storage box and the Calpac. She said this summer for both. I pushed a little about more info, but she wasn't divulging so I just said thanks, and looking forward to seeing them!

Oh, and she did say that one of the guys that was working on the bikes actually did the design on the new Calpac.

I hope someone that knows what they're doing is involved, as the current one is pants!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping for some help from IA owners-

My measurements but me smack in the middle between 56 & 54cm. Any opinions on if I should go bigger or smaller? I'm looking to buy a used 56, but not if it is the wrong choice.

Thanks!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is probably a better question for the fitter and aero/position experts, as the answer may not be specific to the IA.

Smaller bike means pads further forward and stack inserts taller. This may be more aero.

IA-specific thoughts to consider...
  • There is almost no flexibility with stem length, so the only option for reach adjustment is pad fore/aft position.
  • There is no flexibility with steerer tube length & stem height. So, the only stack adjustment is pad riser inserts.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
This is probably a better question for the fitter and aero/position experts, as the answer may not be specific to the IA.

Smaller bike means pads further forward and stack inserts taller. This may be more aero.

• There is almost no flexibility with stem length, so the only option for reach adjustment is pad fore/aft position.
  • There is no flexibility with steerer tube length & stem height. So, the only stack adjustment is pad riser inserts.

Thanks that's good to know, particularly the potential IA limitations.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
exxxviii wrote:

Thanks that's good to know, particularly
the potential IA limitations.

Also have read that the bigger the frame in the IA the faster/more aero it is due to the larger airfoil. So if the the stack works and you don't need to get lower in the future than what the bayonet 3 will do, then the 56 would probably be my choice. I'm on a 56 myself with some room to drop but if I ever get really unfat, yes I made up unfat, I might need a 54.

Ron
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also not an expert but I told was right between sizes and opted to go small, I now find this was a mistake a year later as I try to adjust my position I am a bit stuck. However the inverse could also have been true if my position adjustments were reversed and I went larger frame.
Just food for thought, do you see yourself trying to get lower and longer at some point? Or do you see your position changing to be more upright at some point? This may affect your choice. Certainly wish I had thought about it
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
Also not an expert but I told was right between sizes and opted to go small, I now find this was a mistake a year later as I try to adjust my position I am a bit stuck. However the inverse could also have been true if my position adjustments were reversed and I went larger frame.
Just food for thought, do you see yourself trying to get lower and longer at some point? Or do you see your position changing to be more upright at some point? This may affect your choice. Certainly wish I had thought about it

Really good callout. Right now I am still a hair upright in aero, and I plan on going lower and lower as I work into the bike.

Sorry for the dumb question, but it sounds like if I got the smaller bike I'd be stuck with a limited set of adjustments, and that I'd have the freedom to get a bit lower in the bigger size? I may have understood that completely backwards.. but I will definitely go lower at some point, and the proir bit about the bigger airfoil is something I've heard too, again making me think 56 would be the way to go.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

I'm not so sure this is true anymore. Lately, IAx's in all sizes seem to be shipping with uncut steerer tubes. At first I thought it was only the 48cm, but I built up a 54 last week and the steerer tube was uncut.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
54 will have a lower stack than the 56 so you can get lower on the smaller bike. I think the 54 has about 25 mm shorter stack than the 56.

Ron
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [WaterRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. I was backwards thank you.

When I check out the used 56cm I'll just see if I can get it to feel low enough that I'm very uncomfortable, and if I can then I should be in good shape as far as future adjustments go.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is cool, and it is a game changer. With an uncut steerer tube, you can install any stem at any height.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
exxxviii wrote:

I'm not so sure this is true anymore. Lately, IAx's in all sizes seem to be shipping with uncut steerer tubes. At first I thought it was only the 48cm, but I built up a 54 last week and the steerer tube was uncut.

Us too, they seem to be coming uncut standard now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next