Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kscheiris wrote:
Yes, my mistake, I did mean seat tube. From the pictures of the FRD with the new logo, I can't see any bosses.
Also is the IA1 frameset still going to be a thing?

The IA frameset did not change.
We'll offer an IA1 and the frameset option will remain.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave,

What is your recommendation on rear hydration systems for 2015 IA with a Sitero saddle?

Thank you.
Last edited by: maxsam68: Aug 4, 15 21:01
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Felt IA 10 will be sold as a frameset? I have read/heard that it would and would be priced at $2,500. But have also read/heard that a frameset would not be made available. Felt is usually pretty good about making foremasts available for sale.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen any news on it. If the frame set isn't available in 2016 you can bet after they can get on top of all the full bike orders they will launch the frame set. That's how it has been historically.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:
Yes, my mistake, I did mean seat tube. From the pictures of the FRD with the new logo, I can't see any bosses.
Also is the IA1 frameset still going to be a thing?

The IA frameset did not change.
We'll offer an IA1 and the frameset option will remain.

-SD

Hey Superdave,

So apart from the possibly new aesthetics/paintjob, I take it that the IA 1 frame-set will remain the same.

I know it's a sensitive topic to ask... but will the price point of the IA1 frame-set be adjusted or remained the same?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I hadn't either, but might have missed something. I have seen some reference to there being a frameset and others saying no frameset would be made available.

Really hoping Felt does offer the frameset. At $2,500 this would be one of the best bang for the bucks for a new frame. Would allow one to build it up exactly as you wanted. Especially for those that prefer SRAM or Campy.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JohnHK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:

Hey Superdave,
So apart from the possibly new aesthetics/paintjob, I take it that the IA 1 frame-set will remain the same.
I know it's a sensitive topic to ask... but will the price point of the IA1 frame-set be adjusted or remained the same?
Thanks.

It depends on where you purchase it.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:

Hey Superdave,
Thanks.

-SD

Sure, I understand the msrp will vary depending on region.

One last question, is the paint scheme for the IA1 frameset going to remain as the matte black stealth look as the only option? Or are will it be something new?

Depending on the color I may order now or wait a few months, but either way I'm locked on the IA1 frameset option.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave, can you comment on whether Felt will sell the IA 10/IAx frameset for 2016?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:

Hey Superdave,
Thanks.

-SD

+! on the questions of JohnHK and burninglegs regarding availability and price of the Felt IA, more likely the 10x series. Hoping for a price quote (after dealer haggling) of less than 2,500, to be competitive with the Trek SC price wise for frame.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JohnHK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:

Hey Superdave,
Thanks.

-SD

One last question, is the paint scheme for the IA1 frameset going to remain as the matte black stealth look as the only option? Or are will it be something new?

Depending on the color I may order now or wait a few months, but either way I'm locked on the IA1 frameset option.

Cheers.

If you want the stealth black it may warrant some dealer search (I know there is one in Orange County, CA who had one) as it may not be something a felt dealer can order if felt isn't making as 2016 version. 7 weeks ago I crashed my IA1 and there were none to order so I went with a custom painted FRD.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waupaca11 wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
kscheiris wrote:

Hey Superdave,
Thanks.

-SD

Cheers.

If you want the stealth black it may warrant some dealer search (I know there is one in Orange County, CA who had one) as it may not be something a felt dealer can order if felt isn't making as 2016 version. 7 weeks ago I crashed my IA1 and there were none to order so I went with a custom painted FRD.

My local dealer says that I can place order for the felt IA 1 2015 version but have to wait for 1-2 months before it arrives, but if 2016 has a more attractive paint scheme I may wait a couple of months until i place the order for the 2016 paintjob.

I'm located in Hong Kong btw.

Edit: if production for the 2015 version has already stopped and they are currently working on 2016 version, there's no point of me placing an order so soon now - would love to hear superdave's advice on this :)
Last edited by: JohnHK: Aug 11, 15 0:40
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sold! I'm going to start shopping this fall and see if there is any way to get a deal on it. I'm kind of disappointed in that front brake though;

Why would they go to all the trouble to engineer a new front brake only to leave the cable hanging out in the wind? How much would you say they are giving up compared to the Tri Rig Omega;

It would be a shame to take off that new brake and through it on the shelf. How much difference would it make?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Problem is, you apparently also need to replace the stem to be able to run the tririg brake. It isn't just the brake that has to be replaced. Yeah, it seems silly to me as well that they would have made all of the changes to the IA for this year only to put that eyesore of a front brake on it. Not sure how much it affects aero, but it is more the principle of it all that sort of bugs me. I'll likely still be in line to order an IA10 nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
Problem is, you apparently also need to replace the stem to be able to run the tririg brake. It isn't just the brake that has to be replaced. Yeah, it seems silly to me as well that they would have made all of the changes to the IA for this year only to put that eyesore of a front brake on it. Not sure how much it affects aero, but it is more the principle of it all that sort of bugs me. I'll likely still be in line to order an IA10 nonetheless.

Pretty sure that's not the case.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need another bike for spring and this will be the pick. Going on TriRig websight,
http://www.tririg.com/...mp;page=windtunnel_1
I see that they say their brake is 5 watts faster than a DA. If it tests like the Simkins (which it looks like), then it's close to the TR. It just doesn't look like it is. Maybe it could just use some creative cabling.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to replace the stem to use an Omega X or Omega brake

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may not be reading this clearly or understanding it but this article leads me to believe you would need to replace the stem for a center pull brake to work. Just quoting from http://www.slowtwitch.com/...ams_its_IA_5210.html
As far as I can tell this is THE stem for this bike – no other sizes or pitches (yet). This is a good choice if you're just going to make one stem. Plus, you can stick any standard stem on here you want, though it might not be the cosmetic match that Felt's Tri155 stem gives you. Plus, some stems of this sort are beveled underneath, acting like a headset top cap. I don't know if this is the case with this stem but, if it is, that might make any replacement stem look a little funky if there's a space between the head parts and the bottom of the stem. (When Felt answers my question about its stem I'll add an addendum at the bottom of this article.)

A little bit of me wants to see this bike with a TriRig Sigma stem and an Omega center pull brake. Here's a thought. If I'm Felt I drill a hole with a ferrule stop right in my Tri155 stem, just as TriRig does with its Sigma stem. Then if a customer wants to buy a center pull brake for this bike – TriRig, Magura, whatever – I only have to buy the front brake caliper and not a new stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I owned the Omega brakes and now have the Omega X brakes. You don't have to replace the stem. You can use the brake with a cable hanger or without

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 12, 15 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excuse my ignorance with bike brake layouts...I honestly haven't studied them, but would you mind explaining or showing how it works without a cable hanger?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the Omega you can choose whether to have the cable stop at the brake, or take that off and have it elsewhere (like the stem or a CX hanger)
For Magura you can't have cable stops
Nothing about the Felt Stem on the IA stops you from using either Magura or Tririg Omega.
The centrepull routing on a SigmaX may not clear the nosecone on the IAx frame so I wouldn't get too excited just yet about the idea of running bare cable. I'm sure this will be one of the first things Nick tries when he gets hold of a frame.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you an use the Omega brake on the IAx frame, then why would you bother with the SigmaX stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to use the Sigma Stem or the Alpha aerobars. You can use whatever you want. It's not an all or nothing system

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might want to recheck the numbers. It's actually 5 seconds per 40k if I remember right, which is less than 5 watts. It's more like 1-2 watts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave, hope you guys make enough of these bikes and frames. As a potential customer, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to get one of the IAx bikes. Just amazing value. You have a winner and I think it will be hard for you to keep up with the demand.
Quote Reply

Prev Next