Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [NWash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also inquired about Felt-made hydration & storage accessories for the IA and received this response:

Storage - Yes Felt is developing these but they are not even close to being ready, too far off to even give a date.

A bit disappointing that it's "not even close to being ready." I would much rather spend my money on specific storage/hydration accessories for the IA, instead of fitting other generic options. While I love my IA and wouldn't trade for anything but an upgraded IA, it seems odd they wouldn't have the options ready by now.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callowam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callowam wrote:
I also inquired about Felt-made hydration & storage accessories for the IA and received this response:

Storage - Yes Felt is developing these but they are not even close to being ready, too far off to even give a date.

A bit disappointing that it's "not even close to being ready." I would much rather spend my money on specific storage/hydration accessories for the IA, instead of fitting other generic options. While I love my IA and wouldn't trade for anything but an upgraded IA, it seems odd they wouldn't have the options ready by now.

Felt is really missing a great opportunity to distinguish the IA even further from the competition.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the best aerobar for a build? Zipp Vuka Aero, Stealth, or Alpha X?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Vuka Stealths on my 2011 Cervelo P2. I really like the bar and the way it looks with the integrated stem. The Vuka Aero is cheaper and uses a standard stem clamp.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What's the best aerobar for a build? Zipp Vuka Aero, Stealth, or Alpha X?

Since it is a Felt, why not the Bayonet 3 bars? If you can source the Devox version it's about as nice a bar as is out there and allows as many fit options as anything else. The Alloy version throws in tilt adjustment, but you loose some of the aero and sleekness of the Carbon unit. Realistically, though, the Devox is hard to come by if you don't get it with your initial purchase of a Felt. FWIW, I wouldn't be able to hit my reach numbers on my DA with the ALPHA, but the Zipp Bars probably would work, at least the VUKA Aero.

So of the three with my fit options in mind I would go with either of the Zipp Bars and unfortunately have to ignore the Alpha X even though it appears to be a great option.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the Zipp Vuka Aero with the Felt stem. I also got the Zipp high-rise extensions. The shop gave me a really nice discount on it and installed it with the build. Then I sold the Felt Bayonet aero bar here in the classifieds cutting the cost significantly. After one season, I am very happy with the Zipp.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone find hardware that would fit the qbox? Someone must have because they posted a picture of it (which also had a bike with a crank and chain installed but no front derailer... ??) but I can't find any screws at the hardware store or in my shed that have a flat enough head and a short enough overall length to use with the qbox I got for my ia10. The bolt's head has to be really flat to fit in between the mounting track and the box itself.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I ordered a size 56 QRbox but it was too tall. Now I'm waiting for a 54. The QRbox came with two small bolts. Did you get those? Did they work?

Here's a pic from member 7ofClubs with the QRbox on an IA

It must be possible.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, I didn't find the qbox bolts in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My qbox attached nicely to my 54cm ai16. Only draw back is i couldnt use my rear cage and had to switch to zip tie cage underneath my Cobb saddle.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The box looks out of place with the nice organic smooth lines of the felt.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:

Regardless of how it looks to you, the IA needs some clean storage. Right now I have a Dark Speed Works bento on top of the calpa with the calpac cover removed, not the best solution but it works. If the QRbox works then I can get the blank cover for the calpac from Fluc and mount a Torhans bento on top of that. when I need it

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size q-box did you put on your 54" ia frame? Can you post a picture?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tmw20653] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The picture above is a 54 on a 54. He told me that I should get a 54 for my 56. I got a 56, too tall. He was right, now I'm waiting for a 54

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tmw20653] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is same qbox as picture above on same size bike. If i find a smaller one i would enterain trying a smaller one too. That said the 54 box lets me cram in alot of spare crap, 2 tubes and co2/levers. I also love the rear light on the box now that its getting darker earlier i've been using it on AM rides. Overall better than the Trek box i had on my Speed Concept.

2016:
IMFL #12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have to drill any new holes in the mounting bracket? Also, what about bolts, did you use the ones that came with the Qbox? If not what size did you get?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no, the bracket the qbox came with just installs on the back of the seatpost. Didnt require any additional tools or work.

2016:
IMFL #12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a way to mount a qbox on an IA4 (or any model with out the bottle bosses?

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:

Agreed, its a bit fugly
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been playing with the idea of super-gluing some M5 "half-round" nuts or square nuts to the back of the seat tube and using short bolts as to not screw into the carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOLA_TRI wrote:
I have been playing with the idea of super-gluing some M5 "half-round" nuts or square nuts to the back of the seat tube and using short bolts as to not screw into the carbon.

I've thought the same thing, maybe using plastic weld or the like. I think it would work great

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Fluc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fluc wrote:
I have to do some expectation management after teasing an upcoming frame box about a month ago. I did design one and had a prototype made:

This first attempt has turned out well enough for me to fit some spares in. However, it is still a bit too flexible, so I keep it secured with ducttape. Also, it is quite expensive to print (north of 150 usd), and it is at the upper bounds of what 3D printing companies accept. Also, this first iteration does not fit perfectly onto the frame. Added that the new IAx have down tube bosses, and that different frame size have different seat tube angles (read: a lot of work to get right), I am hesitant to continue this project and making it available for people to buy.

However, if I get a few people very excited, I may consider spending more time on this. To get this to make sense for me, I'd have to sell these boxes for about 250 USD. For those still interested, send me a pm, and with enough responses I might give it a shot. Though personally, for that price, I would wait it out until Felt comes up with one of their own.

any movement on production of these boxes for the original IA frames? I am highly interested as I don't want to hand a bunch of junk from my seat. I have already ordered the shiv/IA cover and hydration system... keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about that as well, It woudl just really suck if it didnt work...

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No movement. Understandably there's little interest for the price range I mentioned, and it would be too much work and high cost for me to get right. 3D Printing is just too expensive for components that size to be interesting right now.

Felt IA Calpac mods on Shapeways:
800ml Specialized Fuelselage (XS/S)
1000ml Specialized Fuelselage (M/L/XL)
DIY cover
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

Anyway, I'm here to claim top speed om an IAxx. Since yesterday was a race day and the bike was set up with the Hed3/disc, I headed for "the hill" with my Giro A2 and regular bike clothes. The hill starts out shallow then drops off. I came over the shallow part at 34. By the time I sat up for the "S" curves I hit 53.4 mph.

A small side wind hit me at around 45 but it wasn't bad and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down.

For comparison; this morning with the same still conditions, I went down the same hill on my Trek road bike, training wheels, road helmet. I came off the shallow part of the hill at 30 and maxed out at 46.5, The difference is HUGE!!!

Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 12, 16 9:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next